[EN Sub] GNT 2013.12.15 -2014 Batsu Game "More" Preview

Hello All,

Just finished the English subbing for last night’s GNT Arahende 2013.12.15 with "MORE" preview of the 2014 Batsu Game.

Hope this finds you all in good health and a bit more wealth…

http://j-addicts.blogspot.com/2013/12/g ... -game.html

Enjoy!
Ace

as always, you did awesome job thank you =]

Hosei, out !
So they changed his name this year :)

[quote="Johnhk":3cbl1tnp]Hosei, out !
So they changed his name this year :)[/quote:3cbl1tnp]
That shocked me too!

thanks you for this J-addicts ! :))

[quote="Johnhk":2p2ro7bm]Hosei, out !
So they changed his name this year :)[/quote:2p2ro7bm]

Probably out of respect for his rakugo mentor, they decided to use his given (?) name this year. This year’s Batsu game seems more "fresh" than last year’s (I hope this will be the case). I’m interested to see which guests are appearing this year (aside from Chiaki and Chono).

I think even people in Japan thought it was going to be "Tsukitei Out!", someone even asked him on Twitter if it would be but he didn’t wanna give it away heh. Probably because this episode was gonna air anyway.

Tsukitei left a comment on Twitter about how he is called out in the batsu but it’s difficult for me to read (it may not be saying much other than it was revealed):

[quote:3jqnvfc5]皆さん〜
今年の笑ってはいけないが〜〜
アウトーで僕の呼び方が気になるでしょうが
それもふまえてお楽しみに〜
あーそれにしてもいい天気ー[/quote:3jqnvfc5]
Also a comment from someone in Japan if relevant:

[quote:3jqnvfc5]
確かに「○○OUT~♪」を言う時は、名字+OUTですよね。方正さんは名前が珍しいからファン等は方正さんって呼んでいますが…。しかし先週のガキの使いを見る限りでは「方正OUT~♪」と言ってました。
月亭OUT~♪が良かったな…。なんとなく。いや方正でええか。
[/quote:3jqnvfc5]

[quote:3jqnvfc5]This year’s Batsu game seems more "fresh" than last year’s (I hope this will be the case).[/quote:3jqnvfc5]
Yeah I think the theme for this year will allow for more creativity and outlandish happenings heh. :)

Thanks Ace.

As for Yamazaki’s new name, maybe it’s because Tsukitei is the surename given by his rakugo sensei, it’s disrespectful to be used as a call out? So they opted to use his given name instead?

Damn, Matsu got excused from devil running again

[quote="Torico":3chx4rpc]Damn, Matsu got excused from devil running again[/quote:3chx4rpc]

For the fittest guy of the group, he’s surprisingly weak at old age. He’s been pumping irons since last year’s batsu though.

hmmm… i wonder what gets them emotional? but its great that its a different element they are throwing in this year. can’t wait to see it.

and as always, thanks Ace!

[quote="rich8606":2uamfpfs]Thanks Ace.

As for Yamazaki’s new name, maybe it’s because Tsukitei is the surename given by his rakugo sensei, it’s disrespectful to be used as a call out? So they opted to use his given name instead?[/quote:2uamfpfs]

Thanks, I was curious and very surprised to hear Hosei out-o after several years of hearing Yamasaki out-o.

[quote="rich8606":2dnp2fuf][quote="Torico":2dnp2fuf]Damn, Matsu got excused from devil running again[/quote:2dnp2fuf]

For the fittest guy of the group, he’s surprisingly weak at old age. He’s been pumping irons since last year’s batsu though.[/quote:2dnp2fuf]
He has had a bad hip since the surgery 3 years ago, so he compensates his weak lower body with upper body training.