Gaki no Tsukai 1989-2013 [MEGA]

ダウンタウンのガキの使いやあらへんで!!
A Japanese variety show hosted by the popular Japanese owarai duo, Downtown
110 posts
Hi, just a question or 2

How much of this is subbed? just wondering since i saw one of the oogiri daigassen and saw it wasnt subbed but in the subforum it is just not the full episode. so i will have to download it extra cuz my japanese isnt that great :)

And why arent more of the full episodes translated? not enough interest or is it more that manzai is difficult to translate to get the jokes across?
Arnorian wrote:
How much of this is subbed? just wondering since i saw one of the oogiri daigassen and saw it wasnt subbed but in the subforum it is just not the full episode. so i will have to download it extra cuz my japanese isnt that great :)

Because most of the episodes don't seem interesting like other ones, let alone there aren't many subbers out there.

Kawaii~
Arnorian wrote:
Hi, just a question or 2
And why arent more of the full episodes translated? not enough interest or is it more that manzai is difficult to translate to get the jokes across?

Hi,

If you just want subbed you'll probably be better off selectively grabbing just the folders marked "Subbed" in this torrent:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5246

There's also this earlier MEGA upload thread which focused on Subbed stuff only (but doesn't have more recent subbed stuff, for those search the forum for threads with "Subbed" in the heading).
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4604

Oogiri Daigassen has a couple segments subbed, but for the most part those episodes involve physical challenges so they can be enjoyed more so without subtitles than some other episodes.

As for the unfortunate lack of subbed episodes, primarily I guess:
1) Lack of translators. After all, how many Japanese variety show subgroups are there? :( The Gaki guys heavy use of Kansai dialect also makes it trickier for someone not yet fluent in Japanese to fully grasp the humor. If you know of any subbers of Japanese entertainment who might be up for the challenge, point them to Gaki!

2) Lack of awareness. The Gaki community gets a big boon in activity around the time of the annual No Laughing special, but not many pay heed to the weekly episodes that air every Sunday all year. A few themes have high awareness, like Kiki etc. but a vast majority falls to the wayside.

Like the annual batsu which has a mix of interesting/uninteresting parts, so too do the episodes. There are things that might be more impressive to a Japanese audience depending on who the guest is for example. Even if the episodes are interesting though, if very few are aware of them then where will be the demand? For example, their retro gaming challenge episodes were fun, but you have to watch it raw to gain a hankering for subs I guess. After these episodes air they silently fall into the raw archives alongside the other thousand+ episodes.
added Gaki no Tsukai #SP (2007.12.31) - Hospital Batsu Game 5.64Gb
Enhanced Subs
encode from this thread http://www.gaki-no-tsukai.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=5884 (Thanks Thimble).
Media Info
General
Complete name : D:\Gaki no Tsukai #SP (2007.12.31) - Hospital Batsu Game.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42
File size : 5.64 GiB
Duration : 4h 40mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 2 877 Kbps
Writing application : TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 Version. 5.0.6.38

Video
ID : 2
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L3.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Source duration : 4h 40mn
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 2 680 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 3 000 Kbps / 3 000 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Original display aspect rat : 4:3
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Standard : NTSC
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.259
Stream size : 5.25 GiB (93%)
Source stream size : 5.25 GiB (93%)
Writing library : x264 core 114
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=2 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=18 / sliced_threads=0 / slices=1 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=cbr / mbtree=1 / bitrate=3000 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=3 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=3000 / vbv_bufsize=2998 / nal_hrd=cbr / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Color primaries : BT.601 NTSC
Transfer characteristics : BT.601
Matrix coefficients : BT.601
Color range : Limited

Audio
ID : 1
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 576 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 386 MiB (7%)
Another few questions

Will you be doing more fixes to the batsu games, just to know i dont need to download them twice.
and
the Earth defence batsu, the one i have is 6.7gb and its the 720 version from TeamGaki which version it the one in this list? since its 8.5gb

Thanks,
Arnorian
Arnorian wrote:
Another few questions

Will you be doing more fixes to the batsu games, just to know i dont need to download them twice.
and
the Earth defence batsu, the one i have is 6.7gb and its the 720 version from TeamGaki which version it the one in this list? since its 8.5gb

Thanks,
Arnorian

About fixes, you mean Police Batsu Game? There fixes only subs (color and posititon), not video file.
in this list 720p 8.7GB(~9GB) from TeamGaki http://www.teamgaki.com/batsu-2014-no-laughing-defense-force-complete/
ok thanks,

and if i havent said it
Very nice job on this collection :D
I noticed the Absolutely Tasty Omochi in this list isnt subbed but it is subbed on this forums

so here is the link to it ;)
https://mega.co.nz/#!AF0ilY5a!SW73FAoeZuw-Orkx3b14VSzwH-1jqGVoJkxE--RYy4A
Thanks Arnorian
added episode #760 subbed
added episode #1239, Thanks ErnieYoung :bow:
Thanks again for this list, have now downloaded everything on it
Rewatching all batsu games (before crash i watched till airport) and then start watching the ones i havent seen yet
Also watched some other series already like Absolutely Tasty and Kiki

Will continue to lurk here

Thanks,
Arnorian
Can anyone let any admin know that this thread should be Sticky?

Kawaii~
VideogameDC wrote:
Can anyone let any admin know that this thread should be Sticky?

I second this
/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5788

this thread has some of the unseen batsu game footage subbed
If you're looking for subbed content, I've compiled a list of streaming links here in order of episodic appearance. They're 99% fully subbed shows (with exceptions to some where only the Manzai talk wasn't subbed), I've refrained from including partly-subbed ones. I'm missing a couple of episodes but I'll be adding them slowly, but surely.
ZEIN OUT!!!
Arnorian wrote:
/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5788

this thread has some of the unseen batsu game footage subbed

Thanks for linking my post, however, just few of them are subbed, so in case you want to see the subbed videos, you can go to the link that jhivesubs gave to you.

Kawaii~
110 posts