A "Gaming" Anime?

Hey,

Recommend me some animes in which the characters are gamers ^^

i dont think this kind of genre will be animated since it is not very interesting
mostly only manga lol :rofl:

The only thing I can think of that comes close is .Hack. But if you’re interested, I would recommend an anime called Cromartie High School. It’s got nothing to do with video games, but it is just a really awesome anime; probably my favourite.

.hack is one… and nhk has a little bit of it. i don’t really know any more, other than that.

kanzaki go and watch high school of the dead (the most awesome and thrilling anime ever created) 8)

I don’t know a gaming anime but I know an anime that made few episodes about video games : "Gintama"

watch episodes 98 and 99. they’re on the line for a new console and they’re gonna play it … just watch it’s funny they play a wierd tetris ^^
episodes 121 - 122 - 123 they play an mmorpg ;

episodes 167 - 168 -169- 170 they are in an RPG game …

A few of the characters in Lucky Star are gamers, though it’s not brought up a huge amount to be honest, mostly references…also if I remember correctly Chobits had a some episodes about gaming. Hope this helps ^-^

Well if you want Anime base on Games there is a lot out there. Here is a list of Anime based on games.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anime_based_on_video_games:2xe57drf]LINK[/url:2xe57drf] ;)

Genshiken? all the main characters are otakus

[quote="Leon":32y31t5s]The only thing I can think of that comes close is .Hack. But if you’re interested, I would recommend an anime called Cromartie High School. It’s got nothing to do with video games, but it is just a really awesome anime; probably my favourite.[/quote:32y31t5s]
Lol. That really has nothing to do with gaming XD but good recommendation anyways xD That anime is hilarious.

[quote="dragonuber":32y31t5s]Genshiken? all the main characters are otakus[/quote:32y31t5s]
Genshiken is a really good manga, I’m not sure about the anime lol

I think a newer anime called Accel World is about getting stuck in a game? Or something like that. Persona 4 is based on the video game…Otherwise, same as the others…I just think of .hack series

Honestly, I could barely sit through one .hack DVD. But the series did well and I don’t like MMOs anyway :D so maybe you’ll enjoy it.

The first series of the Genshiken anime is pretty good and has some great gamer references! It changes focus in the second half of the manga, which was adapted to a second anime series I haven’t watched yet, and becomes more about the new self-hating fujoshi character and relationship drama. Which isn’t to say it’s bad, it just probably isn’t what you’re after :V

Oh wait I just remembered a manga! Houkago Play, about two high school students playing video games together after school and their incredible sexual tension. The artstyle takes getting used to and the artist’s leg fetish is hilariously obviously, but this is still the most realistic example of just hanging out and playing video games in this thread so far XD; I liked the first volume but I have no idea what the following two volumes are like.