[fan project]Australian batsu game 2011 - 24 Hour Tag

Hey gaki universe!

I have been a long time fan of Gaki no Tsukai and batsu games. For the longest time I have wanted to re-create a batsu game.
Recently a few friends and I have gotten together and decided that if we are going to do it, we are going to do it right! A 24 hour batsu!!!
After long discussions and sessions watching gaki, we chose 24 hour tag.
We are currently in the early stages of planning and organizing but are planning on filming in September.
This is being made as a fan based video and totally not for profit.
I am posting here to get a bit of publicity with fans of gaki to get some feedback from the experts so to speak.
Also wondering if it would be ok to post the finished video up on these forums for all to enjoy.
I am also organizing a translator to add Japanese subs so the fans of Japan can see a foreign twist on their favourite show!
Please feel free to post any and all your ideas for punishments or anything to help the production. Looking forward to your ideas.

~Nik Snow~

P.S. Feel free to follow the show on Facebook. [url:16vw8sh9]http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_145668372168097&ap=1[/url:16vw8sh9]
And a youtube channel has been created. Please subscribe for vlog updates and actual footage/previews for the show.
[url:16vw8sh9]http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthernX2011?feature=mhee[/url:16vw8sh9]
E-mail us at SouthernX2011@hotmail.com with questions, comments, applications and feedback.

– 10.05.2011, 18:55 –

UPDATE: A position change has occurred. We are looking for a ‘host’ (Fujiwara) to be on film and delivering food and messages etc to the players. If you live in the Toowoomba/Brisbane area and would like to apply, please let us know via e-mail SouthernX2011@hotmail.com all applicants will be interviewed and must be able to get to Toowoomba in a timely manner if required. (For discussions, filming day etc.)

UPDATE: The vlogging has begun. check us out at [url:16vw8sh9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlNf9vbmnnA[/url:16vw8sh9]

UPDATE: We have found our location for the set of 24 Hour Tag Australia. We made a video in our excitement and we hope you like what you see.

SouthernX2011 24 Hour Tag: Ground Zero
We were more than satisfied with what we found once inside the hall. It’s massive and it has given us plenty of ideas!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=264EMfllaLQ

We hope you enjoy it and it makes you as excited as us to see the final product. We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect place for our location!!! Please comment on any opinions, thoughts and questions you may have!!!

UPDATE: First weekly update vlog is now on youtube.
[url:16vw8sh9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3fbttii9OM[/url:16vw8sh9]

UPDATE: Weekly Update vlog 2:
[url:16vw8sh9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo-KSL-aANc[/url:16vw8sh9]

UPDATE: Weekly Update 3: That caused blood.
[url:16vw8sh9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuEVxaZkdhk[/url:16vw8sh9]

UPDATE: Weekly Update 4: Bring on the Pain!
[url:16vw8sh9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwFN3zNnF1s[/url:16vw8sh9]

UPDATE: First of the Meet the Players video’s (beta) is released
I say beta coz there are a few mistakes in this video I have to fix up. Will prolly re-make the whole thing but in similar style.
[url:16vw8sh9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1MxcXJYJ9A[/url:16vw8sh9]

UPDATE: The first trailer has been released for your viewing pleasure.
[url:16vw8sh9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGgeCLc6vvE&NR=1[/url:16vw8sh9]

UPDATE: Return to Ground Zero!
[url:16vw8sh9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVeIq4P5yPU[/url:16vw8sh9]

great. i would love to see the fans of gaki to try the experience the batsu game themselves. good luck. :clap:

Update:

We have decided to name the group SouthernX (the game will still be called 24 Hour Tag.)

I have created a youtube channel so we can release vlogs and the show itself.
[url:2rpr8aaw]http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthernX2011?feature=mhsn[/url:2rpr8aaw]
Please check here for video updates and subscribe!

Official e-mail address of the group is SouthernX2011@hotmail.com
Please feel free to e-mail us with questions and ideas for the production or even just to give your support.

Thanks guys. It’s gonna be a difficult project but a lot of fun and totally worth it!!!

~Nik Snow~

[quote="Gospel":537x2pjx]Update:

We have decided to name the group SouthernX (the game will still be called 24 Hour Tag.)

I have created a youtube channel so we can release vlogs and the show itself.
[url:537x2pjx]http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthernX2011?feature=mhsn[/url:537x2pjx]
Please check here for video updates and subscribe!

Official e-mail address of the group is SouthernX@hotmail.com
Please feel free to e-mail us with questions and ideas for the production or even just to give your support.

Thanks guys. It’s gonna be a difficult project but a lot of fun and totally worth it!!!

~Nik Snow~[/quote:537x2pjx]
If your anywhere near Brisbane, I’d be happy to help you guys out!! Pretty ambitious project.
Gonna have more than 1 camera? what about lighting? sound? location etc?

Well… it’s an ambitious project. but I think it’s [b:1iztadhs][u:1iztadhs]GREAT![/u:1iztadhs][/b:1iztadhs]

I have a group of friends who are crazy enough to do that, but we can do small stuff like Silent Library only.

where are you going to do the game? at an indoor gym, like the original? it would be better if done at indoors.

good luck with the project, I would love to help (but I live across the planet, in Brazil.)

EDIT: It just came up to my mind. do you already have a list of punishments? can we suggest some of them?

Yes, very ambitious. That is why we have given ourselves 4-5 months to prepare everything.
Everyone except myself and Dan will have no information as to what exactly will happen. Of course they will have ideas but hopefully
we will be creative enough to add a few things that will keep them on edge the whole time.

We have an indoor gymnasium to film it in and we will be scouting it in a few weeks to get good camera positions and a general idea of how we can do things there.

Our hope is for 4 cameras. Minimum 2. Sound and lighting is being researched but definitely a necessity. Looking at wireless mic’s of course.

[quote:23ot1jyu]If your anywhere near Brisbane, I’d be happy to help you guys out!![/quote:23ot1jyu]
We will be filming in Toowoomba. We already have a few people from Brisbane looking to help out.
Please note that all crew members will be interviewed before they are put on the list for shooting day.
However we would be very happy to get as many interested people as possible to put their names forward.
So drop us a line at the e-mail address listed above and we’ll get in touch.
Can never have too many taggers :lol:

[quote:23ot1jyu]EDIT: It just came up to my mind. do you already have a list of punishments? can we suggest some of them?[/quote:23ot1jyu]
Please feel free to suggest (here or via e-mail) any ideas for punishments you have in mind. Everything will be taken into consideration and there will be a lot of ideas that we might not even think of.

~Nik Snow~

ok, I’ll try my best to help you out.

I’ll send to you some ideas that we couldn’t use here in Brazil (we don’t have too many resources to do a Batsu Game, or almost don’t have free time to do that because of studies, or other factors).

the range of punishments can go from a single slap to the face to something like a tackle from a[i:23i9jsc4](n american)[/i:23i9jsc4] football or rugby "player". (don’t know how you guys call the football from NFL)

once we tried something, not exactly a Batsu Game, but it was a twist in an original game. we played dodgeball with an american football instead of a regular rubber ball.

If I have more ideas, be sure I’ll post here

Thanks Leo-Kun. I like the ideas. (Our football is called Rugby League but dont worry, I get what you mean by tackle ^^)

A major problem we have to handle is we don’t want to injure our players badly, but I do know we have access to gym mats. So it is definitely possible to do something like that.

Keep 'em coming~

~Nik Snow~

speaking of players, how many people will play? not the taggers, the "targets". I thought of picking one of them as they pick Yama-chan.
during the 24 hour tag, Yamazaki had one or two tags made [b:18cralv7]just for him[/b:18cralv7], the batsu was even called "Yama-chan slap". It would be funny if, out of nowhere, a tagger goes out and chases just one guy.

4 players and that stuff is being discussed. Even though we are re-making the game as fans, we don’t want to imitate it directly. But we do have some ideas floating around to mess with the players a little. kind of like the slap for yamazaki guy. ;)

~Nik Snow~

how about making them drink something nasty like juice mix with vinegar or something like that as one of the punishment?

I had an idea.

remember the tagger that came with a bicycle and "told them a story"? (the turtle and the hare and Momotaro.) so, what about a tagger with a nonsense fake batsu, like giving them a coin (the smallest value you got there) or anything unexpected? that could be a one-chase-only tagger.

one thing that yould scary the shit of somebody, but not hurt them at all is the Giant Swing.

Messing with their food/drink is definitely an option. The plan is for some of the taggers to be really obvious about their punishments and some quite vague but makes sense when you see the punishment. Of course, not all will be necessarily bad but we will be messing with their minds ^^. I’ll be taking all the ideas under advisement and discussing with my co-creator Dan. As not to give anything away to players and audience, you’ll just have to wait and see if we use your ideas ;)

But keep them coming. I’m adding a lot to the list of discussions for the final product.

~Nik Snow~

As long as it’s not for profit, and since it’s batsu game related, then yeah you can post it here. I’ll take it down if it turns into some flame war though :P

Dude that sounds like a really cool idea,
I would love to help out in anyway, i’ve got film experience; producing, gaffering, camera operating, focus pulling, boom operating, but can do just about anything.

would really love to be involved in this project
please let me know if theres anything i can help out with!

[quote="Kyon":2imjpnw0]As long as it’s not for profit, and since it’s batsu game related, then yeah you can post it here. I’ll take it down if it turns into some flame war though :P[/quote:2imjpnw0]

lol well lets hope it doesn’t become a flame war. This is meant to be for fun and entertainment! Thx ^^

[quote="Enomot":2imjpnw0]Dude that sounds like a really cool idea,
I would love to help out in anyway, i’ve got film experience; producing, gaffering, camera operating, focus pulling, boom operating, but can do just about anything.

would really love to be involved in this project
please let me know if theres anything i can help out with![/quote:2imjpnw0]

Send us an e-mail with some info about yourself, like where you live ect and if it’s possible then we’d appreciate the help. especially someone with film experience.

~Nik Snow~

Had any ideas about nighttime? You’re gonna let the guys sleep peacefully or not?

how about a french kiss from old granny? I know that you guys would like to make a difference, but why don’t you guys keep some of the original? A kiss like the Obaa-chan definitely will haunt them.

We will be allowing them some sleep. How much depends on a few things. A kissing tagger has been discussed in depth and we have a few good ideas to keep them running from whoever comes out with "Kiss" as a punishment.

~Nik Snow~

– 15.05.2011, 12:42 –

Hey guys. Just a little update on progress. I have been researching into wireless mics and I think I have found a decent system. As I have never actually used them in previous films (during high school and uni etc) if anyone out there has used them and understands wireless mics quite well. I would love to talk to you and get a better understanding of their full workings and what I need.

As I have said earlier, we have found a location and intend to scout it out soon and take photo’s and practice film shoots with some members of the crew just to test camera angles and stuff like that. I will post pics and hopefully even make a little preview film for you all to enjoy and get a feel for the set. I am hoping we can do this sometime over the next 2 weeks so keep an eye out here and on the youtube page.

Dan and myself should be able to get together during the week and make a vlog update so you can meet us and get a little bit of a feel for our plans. I know it must be a little difficult with us not being able to post specifics about our plans and taggers, but we really want the players to go in there with as little knowledge as possible about what can happen. Everyones enthusiasm has been great and I would love to hear more from all of you. The final production is still a long way away but that time will be needed to prepare. I know that regardless of how we do this, it will look amatureish but if we can produce the right ideas and have a well developed plan for the show it will be a huge success for everyone and very enjoyable to watch.

~Nik Snow~

Impressive progress so far though, even if production hasn’t been made yet. I’ve grown tired of people remaking Silent Library. I’m actually curious at how this will turn out. Good luck and have fun.