The Gaki crew in some movies

Um… Hello everyone!! I wanted to start a thread about the very different films where the Gaki crew has been on… Uuum… Like… Some examples:

• [color=crimson:1o5hiice]Tanaka[/color:1o5hiice] in The Glorious team Batista
  • [color=crimson:1o5hiice]Itao Itsuji[/color:1o5hiice] in 9 Souls
  • [color=crimson:1o5hiice]Matsumoto Hitoshi [/color:1o5hiice]in Dai-nipponjin

Well… I got really surprised when i saw Tanaka’s acting in glorious team Batista, it’s very… Unexpected…

So! What can you tell me about all the Movies where the cast has been in??

Itao was in the Cromarite High School movie, but only for a couple of scenes. Frankly, the manga and the anime are much better than the movie. Freddy doesnt even look like Freddy Mercury!

Tanaka is also is Zenzen daijobu (English title: Fine, Totally Fine)
I loved his character in this movie and I suggest this movie to everyone as it stars another one of my favorite Japanese stars, YosiYosi Arakawa from survive style 5 that I posted in this section previously. I actually got Fine, Totally Fine because i knew YosiYosi Arakawa was in it… Imagine my surprise when all of a sudden more than half way through the movie Tanaka walks in as a main role.

Review found on IMDB:
7.3/10

[quote:xbsjwwbq]This is a delicate Japanese comedy about how life can be disappointing, it features three main characters approaching 30, none of whom are satisfied with their lives. A nervous, shy girl with an unusual affection for fish sausages who aspires to be an artist but is too clumsy to hold down a job, a hospital manager who never confronts anybody and commands no respect because he is always trying to be nice out of fear that people won’t like him and the most compelling and amusing of all Teruo an obtuse, sadistic but dim-witted part time park keeper who likes scaring kids and dreams of one day building a super-ultra-haunted-house-deluxe, which will literally scare people to death. There is a brief sub-plot where the two men compete for the affections of the girl, but this is never resolved as she finds love with another man. None of their dreams are realised, and there are no scenes where emotional or hopes are addressed, or aspirations resolved. This is not a fantasy film, but a film about fantasy, and it’s stark contrast to reality. The film is charming, set predominantly in a second hand book shop belonging to Teruo’s father, despite the lack of a conventionally satisfying plot resolution; there is a poignant message about the pleasure that can be taken simply by enjoying each other’s company and being thankful for it. [/quote:xbsjwwbq]

Hamada

[list:1ss0nmtq]
[:1ss0nmtq]Ashita ga aru sa: The Movie (English) There’s Always Tomorrow - before it was a tv serie after it they made the movie of it.[/:m:1ss0nmtq]
[:1ss0nmtq]Supêsutoraberâzu (English) Space Travelers[/:m:1ss0nmtq]
[:1ss0nmtq] Ofc the pokemon movie 2000 as a voice actor. he even got a own card XD named “Hama-chan’s Slowking” because he gave slowking his voice. what he even illustrated by his own. [url=http://alamedyang.tejat.net/cards/scans/jap/promo/199-hamachan33.jpg:1ss0nmtq]Hama Pokemon Card[/url:1ss0nmtq] just click on it to see it.[/:m:1ss0nmtq]
[:1ss0nmtq] Also shrek he spoke. in all 3[/:m:1ss0nmtq][/list:u:1ss0nmtq]
Hama played more in TV-Series. dont know if u want to know them or if i should post them too. since u wanted that the theard is just about movies. i probably forgot a movie

[b:gms6htbu][color=darkred:gms6htbu]Hamada[/color:gms6htbu][/b:gms6htbu]

[color=green:gms6htbu]i dont know the name of the drama… [/color:gms6htbu][color=deeppink:gms6htbu]if some1 can translate please do… [/color:gms6htbu]
[color=blue:gms6htbu]in this clip he became so emotional… great acting… [/color:gms6htbu]

[yt]SShzAakhIlU[/yt]

[quote:oc9bzgyy]
[list:oc9bzgyy]
[:oc9bzgyy] Also shrek he spoke. in all 3[/:m:oc9bzgyy][/list:u:oc9bzgyy]
[/quote:oc9bzgyy]
Chek out Hamada’s voice acting skills :rolleyes:
[yt]IibOwAH8IzA[/yt]

I watched Tanaka in “All About Our House” starring in one of the main roles.

All About Our House was written and directed by Koki Mitani who you guys may remember from the [url=http://www.gaki-no-tsukai.com/thread.php?threadid=179:fbsk19y3]2008 Silent Library[/url:fbsk19y3] special

He’s a popular writer and director, he wrote and directed another movie that Tanaka has a minor role in called The Wow-Choten Hotel.

The Wow-Choten Hotel has a few recognisable faces in it including two women who were in quite a few of the earlier Gaki sketches, Ryoko Shinohara and YOU.

Here’s a sketch in which Ryoko Shinohara and YOU were both in.

[url:fbsk19y3]http://www.gaki-no-tsukai.com/thread.php?threadid=164[/url:fbsk19y3]

[quote:dclm5n1g]
[*] Ofc the pokemon movie 2000 as a voice actor. he even got a own card XD named “Hama-chan’s Slowking” because he gave slowking his voice. what he even illustrated by his own. [url=http://alamedyang.tejat.net/cards/scans/jap/promo/199-hamachan33.jpg:dclm5n1g]Hama Pokemon Card[/url:dclm5n1g] just click on it to see it.
[/quote:dclm5n1g]
lol. really? the original version (japan)?
too bad i always watch english version of pokemon >.<
and… i though that pokemon card was edited -.-a
after search it with google, that card really exist LOL.

[quote:yw3zahel][i:yw3zahel]Originally posted by OzakIito[/i:yw3zahel]
[b:yw3zahel][color=darkred:yw3zahel]Hamada[/color:yw3zahel][/b:yw3zahel]

[color=green:yw3zahel]i dont know the name of the drama… [/color:yw3zahel][color=deeppink:yw3zahel]if some1 can translate please do… [/color:yw3zahel]
[color=blue:yw3zahel]in this clip he became so emotional… great acting… [/color:yw3zahel]

[yt]SShzAakhIlU[/yt][/quote:yw3zahel]

Wow, I kept expecting Hamada to give one of the kids his patented slap to the head…

I just finished watching Love Exposure (thanks for recommending it, pariah). I spotted Itao Itsuji, playing a minor role, in the movie :clown:

Really good movie, but whoa is it messed up lol.

Itao Itsuji is in lots of good stuff.

He’s particularly good in Air Doll, he plays the creepy owner of a sex doll that’s come to life.

When I first saw Itao in the Gaki series I had a strange feeling I’ve seen him somewhere before. Thats because Itao played a very minor role in “Death Note - The Last Name” lol.

I saw Symbol (directed by and starring Matsumoto) as well as Air Doll (with Itao Itsuji) at the Toronto International Film festival. Both movies were incredible :]

Yesterday, I saw [b:2mlwgpf9]Tokyo Gore Police[/b:2mlwgpf9]. A great gore film :lol:, with really weird characters or should I say monsters/mutants. Best of all is the presence of [b:2mlwgpf9]Itsuji Itao[/b:2mlwgpf9] as Keyman!

Is there a chance to display the japanese characters?

[quote:382hww14][i:382hww14]Originally posted by OzakIito[/i:382hww14]
[b:382hww14][color=darkred:382hww14]Hamada[/color:382hww14][/b:382hww14]

[color=green:382hww14]i dont know the name of the drama… [/color:382hww14][color=deeppink:382hww14]if some1 can translate please do… [/color:382hww14]
[color=blue:382hww14]in this clip he became so emotional… great acting… [/color:382hww14]

[yt]SShzAakhIlU[/yt][/quote:382hww14]
At first it was hard to take serious, you know, because of all the batsu and laughter but this is a real good scene. I’d like to see it subbed.

Itsuji Itao is in three movies directed by Toshiaki Toyoda.

9 Souls (Already been mentioned)

Hanging Garden

The Blood of Rebirth

all are great movies.

I saw The Glorious Team Batista yesterday. It’s good to see that the gaki guys don’t limit themselves to comedy roles. (Kikkawa Koji was in it too! Love him).

You’re right, OrosaMx, Tanaka’s part was…unexpected. :shifty: I thought the movie was pretty much over but then…

[quote:242bwc5n][i:242bwc5n]Originally posted by OzakIito[/i:242bwc5n]
[b:242bwc5n][color=darkred:242bwc5n]Hamada[/color:242bwc5n][/b:242bwc5n]

[color=green:242bwc5n]i dont know the name of the drama… [/color:242bwc5n][color=deeppink:242bwc5n]if some1 can translate please do… [/color:242bwc5n]
[color=blue:242bwc5n]in this clip he became so emotional… great acting… [/color:242bwc5n]

[yt]SShzAakhIlU[/yt][/quote:242bwc5n]

[url:242bwc5n]http://asianmediawiki.com/Yume_no_Mitsukekata_Oshietaru[/url:242bwc5n]!

Tanaka has a biggish part in Zebraman 2, just came out in Japan on Saturday.
He plays the actor for a Zebraman movie if that makes sense? lol

Anyway it’s 15 years after the first film and during the film they are making a film.

Itao Itsuji won Best New Director for his film King of Jailbreakers at the 19th Japan Movie Critics Awards. I’ll have to check it out!