Dreams

Since i was a kid i dreamed of going Japan, and live there. Surely im not the only one ! If not what are your dreams ?

Live there? The cultural gap is toooo wide for me to stand it, even though we do have some similarities with Asian cultures that Westerners don’t (women in the society, children education, honour, etc)

But something like a two weeks - extendable to a month or two - holidays over there sniffing around between Okinawa beach, love hotels :inlove: , pachinko and Hokkaido lands, THAT would be AWESOME.

I don’t want to live in Japan, the culture/mentality is too different from France, I think I can’t stand to live there. (don’t be offended, this is just my point of view ^^"), BUT I went to Japan in 2007 (wow, already 5 years ago ô_ô) and my dream is to go again to visit more than Tokyo XD and I want to see at least one live of my favorites bands :D and/or a Downtown show :D

It most likely will never happen, but I’d wish the Gaki- crew would come to Finland and film something here in my country.

– 29.12.2011, 18:26 –

It most likely will never happen, but I’d wish the Gaki- crew would come to Finland and film something here in my country.

[quote="angelpick":262pfcmo]I don’t want to live in Japan, the culture/mentality is too different from France, I think I can’t stand to live there. (don’t be offended, this is just my point of view ^^"), BUT I went to Japan in 2007 (wow, already 5 years ago ô_ô) and my dream is to go again to visit more than Tokyo XD and I want to see at least one live of my favorites bands :D and/or a Downtown show :D[/quote:262pfcmo]

I agree, the culture would be too different from Western Europe to live there. But I would really love to visit Japan with my family or with some friends - When I was in High School, my Japanese friend would always bring me back really cool stuff from Japan whenever she had been there and I’ve wanted to see Japan since then - It looks like an amazing place!

The cultural gap seems big but if you go to japan for a year you will be used to the change. The biggest problem would be language, if you were in japan for a year or so you would of picked up the basics to the Japanese language (at least you should of if you are determined to get anything done lol.) My mate moved to japan cause his wife lives there, he says he regretted it at first but after a few months he liked it there. My dream is same, to go live in japan preferably close to my mate :P.

Yeah that’s true. If you have a friend there it will be easier to get used to living there than if you went out there knowing no-one. But I guess you’re right, after a while you’d get used to it. It would be cool to live there! :)

[quote="Freekill98":3c8zb2rx]The cultural gap seems big but if you go to japan for a year you will be used to the change. The biggest problem would be language, if you were in japan for a year or so you would of picked up the basics to the Japanese language (at least you should of if you are determined to get anything done lol.) My mate moved to japan cause his wife lives there, he says he regretted it at first but after a few months he liked it there. My dream is same, to go live in japan preferably close to my mate :P.[/quote:3c8zb2rx]

True. No matter how much time you spend in Japan or how fluent your Japanese is, you’ll stay forever a gaijin.

Not the same as Western countries. A chinese guy can be considered as "American" (think of Peter Chao) at a certain point.