• torrent
  • xdcc
  • one of the remaining file hosting services
  • DC++
  • usenet
  • Other
0 voters

Hello all!

Since MU was shutdown and others seem to follow, I was wandering how would you like to get Gaki files from now on? I’m trying to pile up all the subbed videos from Gaki and plan to re-upload them but I cannot decide how to share the files.

Currently it’s looking the best for torrents if you ask me.

Also would anyone be interested in all the Gaki episodes made thus far? Japanese p2p is surprisingly generous with episodes.

Hmm. Is IRC an option? I used to use that to grab episodes, but I dunno how complicated it is. ^^a

I Vote other, beacuse other sharing host is a good option, but torrent is another good option and I couldn’t take one choice -.-

[quote="Ayaka":tpoop7r5]Hmm. Is IRC an option? I used to use that to grab episodes, but I dunno how complicated it is. ^^a[/quote:tpoop7r5]

IRC was ment with XDCC :D . It’s not complicated but most people don’t get how to use the XDCC bots.

[quote="shorto":1n7nuwne][quote="Ayaka":1n7nuwne]Hmm. Is IRC an option? I used to use that to grab episodes, but I dunno how complicated it is. ^^a[/quote:1n7nuwne]

IRC was ment with XDCC :D . It’s not complicated but most people don’t get how to use the XDCC bots.[/quote:1n7nuwne]

IRC downloading will be difficult for most neophyte users. I think the torrent solution is the best one. That’s my opinion.

[quote="Kanzaki":38hfhyyl][quote="shorto":38hfhyyl][quote="Ayaka":38hfhyyl]Hmm. Is IRC an option? I used to use that to grab episodes, but I dunno how complicated it is. ^^a[/quote:38hfhyyl]

IRC was ment with XDCC :D . It’s not complicated but most people don’t get how to use the XDCC bots.[/quote:38hfhyyl]

IRC downloading will be difficult for most neophyte users. I think the torrent solution is the best one. That’s my opinion.[/quote:38hfhyyl]

Like I stated in the other topic, making a private torrent tracker the only solution to this problem.

Yeah, I figured out IRC was XDCC shortly after! But a tutorial and such could be put up, couldn’t it? Anyway, I’m just saying. That’s my preferred method besides other filesharing sites.

There’s 21 people who voted Torrent, but am I the first one who has to write something about this |(

Anyway, the problem with torrents would "who would host" and "seeders." I’m cool with the idea of IRC, but, if I know my IRC correctly (been years) it’s a bit unstable since it’s one computer to another (rather one computer to a server).

There’s other file hosting sites, but I think they’ll be gone soon… There’s always Emule…I dunno…just throwing ideas out there.

Torrents and magnet links are better alternatives, the more private the better.

torrent would be the best way to go. it just need to be fast downloads and seeders.

A lot of filehostings website will probly stop what they are doing since they could face jail like megaupload

[quote="magus10":2m4bbwxc]There’s 21 people who voted Torrent, but am I the first one who has to write something about this |(

Anyway, the problem with torrents would "who would host" and "seeders." I’m cool with the idea of IRC, but, if I know my IRC correctly (been years) it’s a bit unstable since it’s one computer to another (rather one computer to a server).

There’s other file hosting sites, but I think they’ll be gone soon… There’s always Emule…I dunno…just throwing ideas out there.[/quote:2m4bbwxc]

The hosting and seeding are not as much of a problem as you might think, and I believe it’s the least of our worries.
With IRC in my opinion it’s just like you said the connectivity and setup can be a bit of a problem for the downloader and XDCC has another flaw, and that is that all the files have to be hosted and shared from a single connection, which simply makes the torrent a winner in this department again at least in my opinion.

ok for my own selecting i choose direct as mediafire is still there, if mediafire is down again i will look into torrent 8)

I’d say torrents