Downtown Anime?

This Forum contains all the off topic posts from before!
25 posts Page 2 of 2
For god's sake, please, watch GTO = Great Teacher Onizuka.

Look at this masterpiece of opening. Characters are top, and Onizuka is one of 'em. There is probably no chance you won't like him. The humour is god-like.
Watch it. Now. That's an order.

ps.: In Japanese and eng subtitles. If you're watching it with English dub, you should probably kill yourself, or don't watch Anime at all.
Me no signature.
joker wrote:
since matsumoto childhood lololol
it is a very interesting anime i love it a lot too 8)

Wow that's old :lol: Does it come with English subtitles? and is it out on DVD?

Official Site:
http://pierrot.jp/title/bakabon/index.html

-- 16.03.2012, 02:10 --

al4bandi wrote:
For god's sake, please, watch GTO = Great Teacher Onizuka.

Look at this masterpiece of opening. Characters are top, and Onizuka is one of 'em. There is probably no chance you won't like him. The humour is god-like.
Watch it. Now. That's an order.

ps.: In Japanese and eng subtitles. If you're watching it with English dub, you should probably kill yourself, or don't watch Anime at all.

I promise! I'll track it down and watch then report!! :)

P.S. I never watch anything dubbed unless it's cheesy and lovable like the film below.

But then again watching this with the original Japanese soundtrack gives this film a whole different demeanor
i watched it during my childhood with local dub, thnking back i think the anime is out on dvd but i prefer the comic as it is more detailed 8)
joker wrote:
i watched it during my childhood with local dub, thnking back i think the anime is out on dvd but i prefer the comic as it is more detailed 8)

Perhaps I may be in luck in looking for a copy manufactured in Hong Kong that may have English subtitles ... let me know if you see any ;)
GTO was also indeed good. Probably closest anime to the Highschool Batsu game. :p

-- 16.03.2012, 09:20 --

One Virgin wrote:
This is so much fun! Matsumoto should continue!!

Also, I watched Kyou-chan ages ago, and I just realized it now, this episode.........hilarous. Matsumoto appears, all pretty, nice, has all the girls, bes nice to the kid, has a cool car, and doesn't get attacked by Kyou. "Hama-chan" comes in, a jackass, pretty girls leave, ugly girls come, causes trouble, and with respect, Matsumoto doesn't kill Hamada, he has him crapped upon. Also want to guess the girls having big lips plays in effect here too. xD

That's more amusing now. xD
Yukito wrote:
GTO was also indeed good. Probably closest anime to the Highschool Batsu game. :p

-- 16.03.2012, 09:20 --

One Virgin wrote:
This is so much fun! Matsumoto should continue!!

Also, I watched Kyou-chan ages ago, and I just realized it now, this episode.........hilarous. Matsumoto appears, all pretty, nice, has all the girls, bes nice to the kid, has a cool car, and doesn't get attacked by Kyou. "Hama-chan" comes in, a jackass, pretty girls leave, ugly girls come, causes trouble, and with respect, Matsumoto doesn't kill Hamada, he has him crapped upon. Also want to guess the girls having big lips plays in effect here too. xD

That's more amusing now. xD

I does seem the older one gets the more things may appear to be funnier ..... Does anyone know what anime this comes from?

-- 16.03.2012, 18:11 --

al4bandi wrote:
Great Teacher Onizuka

There is a live action TV series, is that any good?
This will be an odd suggestion, specialy because I've only seen the first episode and it is a shoujo but.... I couldn't help to think about Downtown the moment I heard Koizumi say "Nande a ne!" ....they are not really tsukkomi/boke but more like an all hanshin-kyojin duo... still, watch the first episode,... you'll hear some familiar kansai dialect :D

http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/lovely-c ... ee#English
Konya ga yamada!!
Thank you for your suggestion I'll check it out ...... anyone seen the live-action manga Boys on the Run from 2010
I am *definitely* going to have to check some of these out! I laughed just reading the descriptions! :D
"Check out its dynamism..."
TheVampireLucinda wrote:
I am *definitely* going to have to check some of these out! I laughed just reading the descriptions! :D

Which have you've found entertaining? :)
25 posts Page 2 of 2