GnT forum Japanese study group

Good evening all

I noticed how many people are learning Japanese or would like to around here… I was thinking, would anyone be interested in some kind of mailing list or forum or something for Gaki no Tsukai fans to study it together?

It wouldn’t be a certified course or anything by any means and I’m only a beginner myself, but I was thinking I could find some free/cheap teaching material and mock exams and so on, and make them available so that people can easily work through it. A IRC chat could be set up for live discussions or something. And maybe if I find any suitable clips I can make GnT part of a weekly lesson XD

It’d be aimed at beginners out of necessity but I’d like to make it so it encourages people to progress, and those more advanced in Japanese who want somewhere to learn and discuss it in wouldn’t be turned away by any means.

If anyone is interested, I’ll set up a form to get more information. Better ideas are also welcome :P

EDIT: I now have a form for people to specify what they’d like to learn and how much time they have per week.
[size=200:3meowsed][url=http://bit.ly/JYzGe7:3meowsed]~~~ The Form ~~~[/url:3meowsed][/size:3meowsed]

I’m loving the idea, I’ve been trying to learn by myself and will have to admit, must of my vocabulary comes from anime and GnT hehe

what a great idea :clap: ; i m looking forward to it :bow:

I’m very interested. I too would love to learn basic Japanese so if (when) I go to Japan I can engage in basic conversations. I know a few of the basics already like numbers, money and introductions ect. but I would love to learn more.

I approve this Idea 100%.

It is settled then. Class begin. :geek:

I would love to join, but I have my exams coming in 2 months, so I won’t be able to do my homework, participate in tests and the chat :( But I’ll stalk the thread nevertheless :D

I’m really liking this :D. You could also use Gottsu e Kanji or Lincoln, or even scenes from various (Animé) series/movies.

I have literally always wanted to be a part of something like this Paichu, anything to help further my understanding of the language and culture.

It’s really a great idea but we have to organize the days and the time to study this, because a lot of ppl here are from a different places and the time zone sometimes have a big difference and this can be a problem :T also there’s the ppl who don’t have so much time for this because of the work or school, etc D: I was thinking about 1 hour of study with all and then study a little more alone.

K!

It will take a little while to get started. I’ll aim for the beginning of next month.

I will set up a Google form to get good dates and times for people and other info (nothing dramatic, just how many hours you have free, what you want to learn most etc.)

I know everyone having different schedules and timezones makes getting everyone in one place so difficult (I can’t find a time to chat with some friends in the same timezone these days…) so whatever I set up will be pretty relaxed, you won’t be banned for not showing up for a week or anything :V

Awesome, when it comes to Japanese language I know next to nothing, my intent is to learn from the ground up the right way. I’m enrolled to start the basics in this coming June, so I can even go as far as to take exams, tests etc. and post them here if it helps. Possibly even scan and post the entire documents online here for people that really want to learn. Not sure if that’s illegal or not haha. But it would be true classroom material available to the people that don’t have access/money to learn in an education setting. Aside from that Paichu I’m willing to help organize or assist in anyway possible. (Lots of free time) :)

sounds like a great idea. i am willing to participate.

Har Har… finally, i found something that i could be taught Japanese in, i need to learn since i’m going Japan in a year and i want to converse with people there :D ! it’s hard to find after-school japanese study or learning classes in Australia -_-* im willing to participate… i even have some Japanese learning PDF’s lying around… (well only 3)

this is a great idea.
I wanna go to japan in one year and a half and need to improve my japanese to live there.
and because I still go to college I don’t have time to go and participate in certified study.
I’m totally gonna participat :D

awesome I wouldn’t mind taking a look at mock exams.

Know a bit of Japanese, enough to get round but not enough to string full sentences together. lol

I do have about 6 learn Japanese books (including the Yes Japan series) that I look through now and again but I have kind of screwed up my first year in video game programming by learning Japanese instead. lol

…but still these could be beneficial as I plan on going to Japan in 4-5 years (after completing my course) to learn Japanese ( I’ll be 32!!! :( lol, though if I went a few years back when I originally planned too, I would be stupid broke, so I guess everything sorts it self out in the end. :) )

But yeah whatever you plan on doing, sounds good. :)

Sounds like a fun plan! Learning Japanese by myself atm, but I kinda miss the interaction with other people busy with the same goal. So I’d like to participate, if I can find the time for it… =P

Hello again! As I said earlier, I’ve created a Google Form to find out things like what people would like to learn, and how much time they have to spare

[size=200:1ag6ktbt][url=http://bit.ly/JYzGe7:1ag6ktbt]~~~ The Form ~~~[/url:1ag6ktbt][/size:1ag6ktbt]

You don’t have to do this to participate, but it’ll help me avoid collecting a pile of information no one wants to learn, for instance.

Get hype!!

I’ve filled in your google form, but only as I sent it, I realized I didn’t put my name or anything, was that required?

Although I won’t be joining this, I recommend BYKI (Before You Know It) and its Japanese learning software. Although It won’t teach you sentence structure or anything REALLY useful, it has plenty of words and even audio clips to listen to and memorize.

[quote="Bufonophobia":2g84lpel]I’ve filled in your google form, but only as I sent it, I realized I didn’t put my name or anything, was that required?[/quote:2g84lpel]

No, no names required, unless you’re offering to help out.

Also recommendations for learning material are always welcome, thank you!