How do you Sub?! (Subbers Unite!)

This Forum contains all the off topic posts from before!
21 posts Page 2 of 2
0omizuuo0 wrote:
Thanks for your opinion, I'm already getting into it but I prefer to make first the translation then work on the colours and timing as Shibata-san does.

Thanks again :)

I think as you get familiar with Aegisub, your speed will increase a lot. Getting the timing done with Aegisub can be tricky when you first get started using it. Good luck!
Domo!
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

-- 24.01.2011, 14:22 --

Well when everything look finally done, another problem appear! :@ :@ :@

I've finally ended the frist 20 min of Spy batsu game with portuguese subtitles but when I'm going to use virtualdub to encode, the subtitles don't match exactly at the time when I was subbing in Aegisub. Any help?

-- 24.01.2011, 14:27 --

Well when everything look finally done, another problem appear! :@ :@ :@

I've finally ended the frist 20 min of Spy batsu game with portuguese subtitles but when I'm going to use virtualdub to encode, the subtitles don't match exactly at the time when I was subbing in Aegisub. Any help?

-- 24.01.2011, 15:18 --

Problem fixed!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

UAU!!!!!!!!
Halo Shibata Bread ! I've been your fans for your great works !
I do subbing too for some videos of them and use them when I'm teaching private class.

I'm using Aegisub too. I found it's very easy to put texts into some coordinates. And also its styling manager.
こんにちは柴田パンさん!
「猪木アントニオボイス」 お元気ですか?

I think a lot of subbers use Aegisub, but I also started with Subtitle Workshop.
It is true tho, the more you use Aegisub, the faster and more productive your work becomes.

How I sub is I usually get the raw files and do the timings for the speaking parts.
Once I'm done timing I go back and check if there is any signs/posters etc. or things that need to be added & translated.

Recently, a lot of people who upload the raw files of Japanese TV shows they also
release the Closed Captioned sub. Which is a BIG, BIG help as this is already timed or just needs
adjustments. As it includes just about every spoken line of dialogue.
I type out the subs on wordpad while watching.

I u/l the subs to Media Subber to do the timing into SSA

I take the SSA and turn it into ASS with colors on Aegis

I hardsub it on the vid with Avidemux
FlydayChinatown wrote:
I type out the subs on wordpad while watching.

I u/l the subs to Media Subber to do the timing into SSA

I take the SSA and turn it into ASS with colors on Aegis

I hardsub it on the vid with Avidemux

thats an interesting way to do it,
for me i just str8 away watch and sub it while in aegis 8)
21 posts Page 2 of 2