Tokyo language year

Whohoo! Decided and booked. If everything goes as it should, in one year I will begin my year long stay in Tokyo for language studies! :) Trying to make a to-do/see-list, and a trip to wherever the gaki are seated is a must. Some other post showed a sign where all of the gaki-boys had put their hand-prints and signed it. It was also talked about a store where you could by dvd´s and the matsumoto-doll. Where was that? It must go on my too-see-list! ;)

[url=http://www.gaki-no-tsukai.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2993:2zaggglk]Some possible places to visit.[/url:2zaggglk] :nod:

Find a hot girl and spend a week in Kyoto. Alpha Hotel is the cheapest place.

[quote="FlydayChinatown":ja6w1hpu]Find a hot girl and spend a week in Kyoto. Alpha Hotel is the cheapest place.[/quote:ja6w1hpu]

Kyoto is boring.
If you want to see a "smaller big city", go to Osaka. It still has the high-tech flair of Tokyo, but… in a smaller way. It’s hard to describe.

[quote="Ap2000":2hwz36kx][quote="FlydayChinatown":2hwz36kx]Find a hot girl and spend a week in Kyoto. Alpha Hotel is the cheapest place.[/quote:2hwz36kx]

Kyoto is boring.
If you want to see a "smaller big city", go to Osaka. It still has the high-tech flair of Tokyo, but… in a smaller way. It’s hard to describe.[/quote:2hwz36kx]

Wow, that’s the first time I’ve ever hear Kyoto being described as boring. I lived in both downtown Osaka and Kyoto and Kyoto, while smaller, was much more fun. A festival every month, hiking, temple or shrine on every city block, history everywhere, and the girls aren’t filled with STDs like Tokyo. I’d actually describe Tokyo as boring; the people there have no personality.

[quote="FlydayChinatown":1a9otaad][quote="Ap2000":1a9otaad][quote="FlydayChinatown":1a9otaad]Find a hot girl and spend a week in Kyoto. Alpha Hotel is the cheapest place.[/quote:1a9otaad]

Kyoto is boring.
If you want to see a "smaller big city", go to Osaka. It still has the high-tech flair of Tokyo, but… in a smaller way. It’s hard to describe.[/quote:1a9otaad]

Wow, that’s the first time I’ve ever hear Kyoto being described as boring. I lived in both downtown Osaka and Kyoto and Kyoto, while smaller, was much more fun. A festival every month, hiking, temple or shrine on every city block, history everywhere, and the girls aren’t filled with STDs like Tokyo. I’d actually describe Tokyo as boring; the people there have no personality.[/quote:1a9otaad]
I also think Kyoto is boring. And Osaka is awful, horrid place, but then again when I went to Osaka it was my first trip and I didn’t know what I was doing.

[quote="FlydayChinatown":2qegyetz]

[…] and the girls aren’t filled with STDs like Tokyo. I’d actually describe Tokyo as boring; the people there have no personality.[/quote:2qegyetz]

No need to make childish generalizations, just because I don’t like your favourite city.
Some people…

[quote="Ap2000":1vt9wg73][quote="FlydayChinatown":1vt9wg73]

[…] and the girls aren’t filled with STDs like Tokyo. I’d actually describe Tokyo as boring; the people there have no personality.[/quote:1vt9wg73]

No need to make childish generalizations, just because I don’t like your favourite city.
Some people…[/quote:1vt9wg73]

All you have to do is watch the Japanese news… I remember the news discussing STD clinics next to McDonalds in Shibuya, Shinjuku, and Akihabara 7-8 years ago because of how badly the STDs were getting with gyaru and enjo kosai and the like.

Hell, Roppongi is like an STD festival.