silent library

Hi, I just came across this site today thru the gaki wiki page. I’m a huge fan of japanese variety shows (someone needs to make a site for that, like stat!) and am glad to have found this place but on that gaki wiki page is a link to an american MTV remake of the silent library segments. Has anyone seen this? Is it any good? I often think that when translating a show over to a western audience, something is “lost in translation”. Our attitudes or something is different and it just doesn’t feel right, like the wipeouts or the hole in the wall shows.

Hi! well this is my first post here, but i think that the TV show’s name is “Fist of Zen”. Im from Chile (i dont speak english very well ^^) and yes, MTV transmit it. But talking serious, is just an american remake where there are like 5 boys (or girls) that make some punishments, they have to remain in silence and earn money for each test. And in the end there is the final test where the 5 guys participate like a team and if they win, they took all the money they earned, but if they dont, they go to home with nothing. In my opinion its a poor program, with some funny parts but nothing compared with Downtown Batsu games :)

yes ive seen the show. I am not a fan of it. Here in the US its just called silent library. Its not very funny. Plus they use new people in every episode. The people are your typical good looking college kids and have no comedic chemistry together.

They need to come up with 5 people who have chemistry like Gaki no Tsukai…thats why we love this show. They work well together.

It is dreadful. The MTV remake is scripted so badly you can’t help but laugh at the horridness of it. Especially when they start laughing at the victim’s punishment, you can see how fake it is.

It is also here in germany and I don’t like it:
[yt]LsHgpAUd6I4[/yt]

[quote:29ap383w][i:29ap383w]Originally posted by iniquiti[/i:29ap383w]
It is dreadful. The MTV remake is scripted so badly you can’t help but laugh at the horridness of it. Especially when they start laughing at the victim’s punishment, you can see how fake it is.[/quote:29ap383w]yeah its so bad & pointless they should get sued…

I dont even dare to watch it, cause it would just make me angry X(
I feel like Gaki or nothing

I saw the MTV remake years before I discovered Downtown. As I saw it on MTV I just thought that this is so stupid! I really didn’t like it (and still don’t like the remake), but when I saw it on the Gaki no Tsukai show I understood.
They “stole” it from the Japanese. ^^

Like gunners49 said, The show is only so much fun because they are comedians and they work so great together!