[Random] Japanese stuff

This Forum contains all the off topic posts from before!
147 posts
Haha interesting.
I've seen that lion dude when watching Housei on different shows, but yeah I only knew him as "the guy with a lion on his head" which I guess shows the limitations of one-shot gags :rofl:
Attack on Titan event in Japan.... creepy.

More pictures on this blog: http://ku-zou.blog.so-net.ne.jp/archive/20150207
but awesome!!! that's my one of the greatest :inlove: anime out there!!!
Atsugiri Jason, an American comedian in Japan. He talks here about trying to learn Kanji, you have to enable the English subtitles on Youtube via the bottom right Settings or Subtitles/CC buttons.

I saw that guy (who according to the R1 intro is actually a rich IT-businessman who moved to Japan four years ago and started doing comedy only four months ago) on the latest R1 Grand Prix with longer set. He got great laughs, but didn't make it to the finals. I wonder what he would have done with the second set if he had gotten to the final showdown.
My knowledge of kanji is quite lacking so I missed many of the jokes (especially on the first watch), but I liked the ones I understood. I disliked the "WHY JAPANESE PEOPLE" phase in the beginning, but at least it didn't last long.
KU・・・ KR・・・
That was fun!
@Penguinator

Ah thanks, that's cool there's a longer set. Wish there were English subs for that one, seems very funny.
Yeah I agree, the aggressive "WHY JAPANESE PEOPLE" in English was a bit much. I think it's better when he ties the "Why!?" into the joke, like the "What you gonna begin by putting a woman on a table!?"
Yeah I do wonder what he will do for the future, there's certainly a lot of Kanji he can work with, but if he's gonna go down the one gag route he's gonna hit a brick wall eventually.
Is this Tanaka?

Another side of Japanese: fanart

Please share if you have some good ones ^_^
Gintama made a glorious return with a parody of Nonomura Ryuutaro's infamous press conference.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2598288 ... _tag_video

For more laughing material and some background info, see this topic.
KU・・・ KR・・・
Penguinator wrote:
Gintama made a glorious return with a parody of Nonomura Ryuutaro's infamous press conference.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2598288 ... _tag_video

For more laughing material and some background info, see this topic.

Ah GIntama... Bet the anime staff's mouths were watering at being able to lampoon that one. It is a wonder how it has managed to escape the wrath of the PTA for so long given the stuff they've done on the show. :D
The fact that they could crack dirty jokes that easily, show Gintoki vomiting (sort of a no-no in Japanese TV broadcasting) and doing that last DBZ parody was just hilarious in how blatant they made it.
^that's pretty cool!

Recently, I've been watching a lot of youtube, including Japanese youtubers. Some are interesting, some are funny, some are just outrageous. Great for listening practice if you're studying Japanese.
147 posts