Justin.tv dead - what does this mean for New Year's?

This Forum contains all the off topic posts from before!
39 posts Page 3 of 3
soudou wrote:
Turns out Google didn't buy Twitch for $1 billion, Amazon did for $970 Million! What a twist!

Interesting...this is like a Mexican Telenovela :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Well, lets wait until Google buys Amazon :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Was only a dirty rumor that Google bought Twitch.TV? Then why did Twitch no longer accepts copyrighted music? :O

That only happens to Google services like Youtube. :P

Kawaii~
Arlekin wrote:
Interesting...this is like a Mexican Telenovela :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Well, lets wait until Google buys Amazon :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

*looks up to the sky with clenched fist* Noooooooooooo! :(
Do not pass Go, do not collect your independence.

VideogameDC wrote:
Was only a dirty rumor that Google bought Twitch.TV? Then why did Twitch no longer accepts copyrighted music? :O That only happens to Google services like Youtube. :P

Gist of it is Google was in serious talks to buy Twitch but since they're competitive services they couldn't come to agreeable deal terms. Amazon offered them slightly less but with more agreeable terms so they went with them instead.

Yeah the copyrighted music thing did make everyone (including me) think they were laying the groundwork for a Google buyout. But the owner of Twitch did do a Reddit Q&A in which they said the music licensing change was just something that had to happen to protect against lawsuits but that they're hoping to make it less indiscriminate, especially in terms of game soundtracks. Hopefully with the Amazon deal they can maybe do something similar to Google/Youtube where they allow the music but add a link of where to buy it on iTunes e.g. "Buy this song on Amazon!". They could also do the same for "Buy this game you're seeing on Amazon!". Plus since Amazon has a strong affiliate system, if they're extra nice they could even give a percentage cut to the broadcaster playing the game/music for encouraging the sale. But guess we'll see what path they take.
soudou wrote:
VideogameDC wrote:
Was only a dirty rumor that Google bought Twitch.TV? Then why did Twitch no longer accepts copyrighted music? :O That only happens to Google services like Youtube. :P

Gist of it is Google was in serious talks to buy Twitch but since they're competitive services they couldn't come to agreeable deal terms. Amazon offered them slightly less but with more agreeable terms so they went with them instead.

Yeah the copyrighted music thing did make everyone (including me) think they were laying the groundwork for a Google buyout. But the owner of Twitch did do a Reddit Q&A in which they said the music licensing change was just something that had to happen to protect against lawsuits but that they're hoping to make it less indiscriminate, especially in terms of game soundtracks. Hopefully with the Amazon deal they can maybe do something similar to Google/Youtube where they allow the music but add a link of where to buy it on iTunes e.g. "Buy this song on Amazon!". They could also do the same for "Buy this game you're seeing on Amazon!". Plus since Amazon has a strong affiliate system, if they're extra nice they could even give a percentage cut to the broadcaster playing the game/music for encouraging the sale. But guess we'll see what path they take.

But most of the time, you can't use copyrighted music, as the labels tend to mute many videos, so it sucks. But let's see how does Twitch with Amazon nowdays.

Kawaii~
Yeah it doesn't work for all music and it's annoying when music or shows are blocked based on what country you're from. :(
soudou wrote:
*looks up to the sky with clenched fist* Noooooooooooo!

Coming next!! Image
Like I'm not from Narnia or something! Pisses me off when I try to watch a video, only to find that is blocked on my country. :|

Kawaii~
Arlekin wrote:
Coming next!! Image

:( Fat-cats win again.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D :D :D :D
39 posts Page 3 of 3