Justin.tv dead - what does this mean for New Year's?

This Forum contains all the off topic posts from before!
39 posts Page 2 of 3
Well, you can't say that I didn't tell you :D :D :D
Arlekin wrote:

You jinxed it! :rofl:
Well I did say it was only a thin hope... I hate change *sits in old rocking chair pouting* |(
:rofl: :rofl: It wasn't my fault!! :rofl: :rofl: But yeah, I wasn't happy either when I heard. Like you said my friend, Hitbox is getting stronger in the gaming field. It may be the only hope for now
I really want the new year special to be live translated as it makes new years eve amazing for me. Will anyone be live translating? I remember someone doing it last year but cannot remember his/her name.

Please tell me someone will be translating it live and that we find an alternative for justin.tv!
alex_gaki422 wrote:
I really want the new year special to be live translated as it makes new years eve amazing for me. Will anyone be live translating? I remember someone doing it last year but cannot remember his/her name.
Please tell me someone will be translating it live and that we find an alternative for justin.tv!

I think it's typically up in the air regarding who will be available for any kind of translation for the batsu (either live or after the fact) until close to the wire unfortunately. Last year with the Earth Defence batsu it was looking grim as there was no active translator (all had other commitments in life come up after the teacher batsu). Thankfully Mickstar stepped forward as a volunteer for Team Gaki, then others followed to back them up. But again many have returned to other commitments since although new Gaki episodes air every Sunday :( I think there will be some who live translate or volunteer for subbing but often we don't know until the traffic boost after people go "oh hey isn't the batsu airing this month?". :rofl:

Alternatives for Justin TV have been found in this thread. :)
I might be wrong but is Mickstar the person who also livetranslated last year? He was v.quick so I liked it. It was fun to watch. Do I have to wait until December to find out if someone can live translate the show? I simply cannot wait for weeks or months for the original version of the Batsu Game to be released. It is too painful to wait.
alex_gaki422 wrote:
I might be wrong but is Mickstar the person who also livetranslated last year? He was v.quick so I liked it. It was fun to watch. Do I have to wait until December to find out if someone can live translate the show? I simply cannot wait for weeks or months for the original version of the Batsu Game to be released. It is too painful to wait.

We all know that is desesperating to wait for the subbed version to come out, but apparently, we'll have to wait for Team Gaki to sub the next batsu for months (Like with the Earth Defense Force batsu).

Kawaii~
alex_gaki422 wrote:

If you can remember who live translated last year you could maybe message them on Twitter/Facebook/wherever to see if they think they'd have the time to do it. Mickstar posts on Team Gaki's Facebook page sometimes.
Otherwise yeah unfortunately it'll be a wait and see thing.
I'm insane and tend to wait until it's all 100% subbed in full, I like to understand every little thing and stop/replay moments. :rofl:
why is everyone freaking out we still have ustream :P :P :P :P :P :P
Ustream sucks.

Kawaii~
No Ustream anymore

"ducktoaster8 banned due to copyright infringement."
andylau-fr wrote:
No Ustream anymore

"ducktoaster8 banned due to copyright infringement."

Go here ;) ----> https://streamup.com/gakinotsukai
Yup, i just saw that on reddit.
thank. :P
Ducktoaster can be found either here: https://streamup.com/gakinotsukai

Or here: http://vaughnlive.tv/ducktoaster

Vaughnlive.tv is the only one that works for me atm.
Atarimae, Atarimae, Atarimae Endou~
Arlekin wrote:

Turns out Google didn't buy Twitch for $1 billion, Amazon did for $970 Million! :o What a twist!

Today, I’m pleased to announce we’ve been acquired by Amazon. We chose Amazon because they believe in our community, they share our values and long-term vision, and they want to help us get there faster. We’re keeping most everything the same: our office, our employees, our brand, and most importantly our independence. But with Amazon’s support we’ll have the resources to bring you an even better Twitch.
http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/a-letter- ... st-25-2014

Glad they say they'll still be independent but utilizing Amazon's resources. Seems Amazon is moving in on the video industry, they already bought Lovefilm (UK-based Netflix alternative) sometime back.

Google was unable to close the deal, said sources familiar with the talks, because it was concerned about potential antitrust issues that could have come with the acquisition. The company already owns YouTube, the world’s most-visited content streaming site, which competes with Twitch. One source noted that because of the concerns, Google and Twitch could not come to an agreement on the size of a potential breakup fee in case the deal did not go through.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/201 ... -concerns/
39 posts Page 2 of 3