Hayabusa 2

This Forum contains all the off topic posts from before!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hayabusa 2 launched this evening from Japan. It's a spacecraft that will, in 2018, rendezvous with asteroid 1999 JU3, drop off a lander, take some samples of the asteroid, and return to Earth with those samples (in 2020). This mission expands on the previous Hayabusa mission which returned to Earth back in 2010.

I went on YouTube looking for some videos of the launch and found this one:

At about 56 seconds the person they show in the box in the upper-left is none other than Demon Kakka (formerly known as Demon Kogure) a heavy metal musician, sumo commentator, and one of the people Housei had to impersonate during the Hotel Man batsu game.

Also found while YouTubing was something I'm wondering someone who knows Japanese could take a look at:

It looks like a show Matsumoto is involved with interviewing some people behind the Hayabusa 2 program. Cool!
cool find, this looks interesting :D
hi, that's the matsumoto and higashino's "widna-show":
every sunday at 10:00

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/widna-show/index.html
sebas-chan wrote:
hi, that's the matsumoto and higashino's "widna-show":
every sunday at 10:00

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/widna-show/index.html

What would the English translation of the show's title be? Is it just "Wide Show" with "waido" being a -na adjective or is that something else? "Widener Show" or is na a particle?
natsilane wrote:
What would the English translation of the show's title be? Is it just "Wide Show" with "waido" being a -na adjective or is that something else? "Widener Show" or is na a particle?

I don't think that loanwords(wide) can have -na or -i adjective correlates in Japanese?? :?: but then again they do (since katakana is used to write waido). you are right, i think the english translation is just the "wide show" since it covers various "news worthy pieces". :)
5 posts Page 1 of 1