Need help tutorial is not working! (trying to hard sub)

I downloaded the no laughing hospital episode and both .ass subtitles for the episode from this website and i’m using the program in the tutorial, Avidemux 2.5, and when i go to load my .ass subtitles it says "problem reading html filters." any one know what to do? If someone could just upload the video already hard subbd i’d be very thankful. or if anyone knows of another way to hard sub the .ass file to the video let me know. Thank you

viewtopic.php?f=9&p=12170#p12170

i now how to do that but i want to hard sub it so i can play it on my ipod. But i just found the hospital batsu uploaded to youtube only 3 days ago so i downloaded them all. now I’m changing them to mp4 but for future reference i would like an answer to this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sovcorp

he’s got a ton of them all hard subbed

[quote="fornez":15atcfhs]i now how to do that but i want to hard sub it so i can play it on my ipod. But i just found the hospital batsu uploaded to youtube only 3 days ago so i downloaded them all. now I’m changing them to mp4 but for future reference i would like an answer to this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sovcorp

he’s got a ton of them all hard subbed[/quote:15atcfhs]
there is some program which can combine subs and the video together but i forgot which program it is coz i bought new computer ;(

Hi there,

People might know me better on youtube as SoVCorp. Here’s a list of stuff you need to hard-code subs and also split media files should you ever plan to upload them on youtube (might come in handy because my channel won’t last forever).

Programs needed (all freeware):
-VirtualDub. The most important program. This will help you hardcode subtitle files and split avis.

-VSFilter.vdf. You need this if you want to hardcode .ass files.

-Handbrake. This is for mp4 to avi conversion as it is impossible to harcode subs into mp4 files.

Steps for hard-coding:

1. Open VirtualDub and use it to open the raw avi file you want to hardcode.

2. Go to Videos (make sure Full processing mode is selected), Filters, Add…, Load… and find VSFilter.vdf.

3. Once you’ve selected VSFilter.vdf, a filter called TextSub will appear on the list. Select it and press OK, then OK again to go out of filter.

4. Go to Video again and go to compression. Select Xvid MPEG-4Codec and press OK.

5. Now go to File and Save AVI as… This will create a brand new media file with the subtitles hardcoded. Note that this may take a while (anywhere up to 2 hours but dependent on your computer speed, my PC is very new and it takes just over an hour).

Congratulations on your first hardcoded video!

If you want to further split them into segments for upload, check out the following link which will teach you all you need to know in 1 minute: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive … ualdub.cfm

Hope I helped,

SovereigN

Thx SovereigN! Although I don’t "hard-coding" my movies, I think your guide will help some of our followers. :bow: