Legality Question

I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post a question such as this but I figured this area was more suited then the General Discussion area. I had a question regarding the legality of downloading not only the Batsu games but other segments of the Gaki No Tsukai show as an American citizen. Torrenting and downloading copyrighted material is obviously punishable by fine in the US and that is something I’d like to avoid at all costs. Is it legal in the United States to download copyrighted material from another country since it isn’t copyrighted in the US? I’m sure this has been discussed before but I couldn’t find another thread regarding this.

is not legal

if they will ever care to get you? that’s a different story,
Even the Top banner on this Forum here is not legal to use actually =)

There is no excuse you can use. Like " I cant see it here on TV " or " I cant buy the DVD’s here"
It also not just goes for Downloading but also for Uploading/Hosting/Selling/Streaming

Youtube is based in USA still has to remove videos from Gaki no Tsukai.
Copyright effects worldwide.

We aren’t hosting anything on our servers, if the US laws has something to do, they’ll do it with sites like YT, MU or RS which are hosting all that stuff. We’re just providing already existing links.

And gaki-no-tsukai.com is based in Germany, the laws are different from the US I think.

Don’t bother yourself with all that, if you like it, download it and have a good time ;)

Well he was asking anyway in general terms of Downloading. Not if this site is legal or not =P
Even in Germany, is it not legal to download it. Again Copyright is worldwide.

I don’t think the US is going to bust their asses to sue people for downloading foreign tv shows

I have always the hope that the copyright owners allow it for us foreigners because else it is very hard to find any of the shows.

[quote="Kanzaki":252oxr2v]We aren’t hosting anything on our servers, if the US laws has something to do, they’ll do it with sites like YT, MU or RS which are hosting all that stuff. We’re just providing already existing links.

And gaki-no-tsukai.com is based in Germany, the laws are different from the US I think.[/quote:252oxr2v]

Torrent sites and DDL portals don’t get away with "we’re just providing already existing links" either.
And concerning the site being hosted in Germany: I’m sure you heard about the "Impressumspflicht"…

Just saying… this is all pretty borderline :sweat:

[quote="Sure":1zpjeadj][quote="Kanzaki":1zpjeadj]We aren’t hosting anything on our servers, if the US laws has something to do, they’ll do it with sites like YT, MU or RS which are hosting all that stuff. We’re just providing already existing links.

And gaki-no-tsukai.com is based in Germany, the laws are different from the US I think.[/quote:1zpjeadj]

Torrent sites and DDL portals don’t get away with "we’re just providing already existing links" either.
And concerning the site being hosted in Germany: I’m sure you heard about the "Impressumspflicht"…

Just saying… this is all pretty borderline :sweat:[/quote:1zpjeadj]

I wouldn’t worry about it too much or you will literally start living in fear.

[quote="Sure":23fbfu5g][quote="Kanzaki":23fbfu5g]We aren’t hosting anything on our servers, if the US laws has something to do, they’ll do it with sites like YT, MU or RS which are hosting all that stuff. We’re just providing already existing links.

And gaki-no-tsukai.com is based in Germany, the laws are different from the US I think.[/quote:23fbfu5g]

Just saying… this is all pretty borderline :sweat:[/quote:23fbfu5g]

Well that’s the precise argument The Pirate Bay.org have been using for many years, and they did win in court thanks to it, and it made it possible for them to pull the finger in front of huge entertainment/movie companies in Sweden ;)

Funny Kanzaki.

Kinda like napster.