Chatango chat not working

Does the chatango chat in the home page work for you ??

• Never worked
  • randomly works or not
  • YES works perfectly
0 voters

hey! wassup gaki fans ?!

Chatango doesn’t work for many people in the web, and I’ve seen many gaki fans saying that the chat didn’t work for them in the thread "Your suggestions to make the site better" , and it doesn’t work for me either.

this is why I open this thread to get everyone share their solutions or find a way to solve this, since the members suggested it would make the site better (from the thread).

hope I’ve been useful. :tmi: :tmi: :tmi:

I dont think i’ve ever once had a problem personally. I’ve always been able to access it whether it be on my laptop or at work (which blocks out a lot of crap). My automatic guess would be flash, is it installed correctly on everyones computers? Do you have anti**** blocking it? And so on…

people need to update flash that’s basically it

Update flash, enable javascript and all other scripting languages, turn off adblock, try with a different browser… those are some common solutions to these kind of problems.

[quote="Kanzaki":29tuf2rl]Update flash, enable javascript and all other scripting languages, turn off adblock, try with a different browser… those are some common solutions to these kind of problems.[/quote:29tuf2rl]

tried everything

try allowing 3rd party cookies if you haven’t already

[quote="hand":238htn07]try allowing 3rd party cookies if you haven’t already[/quote:238htn07]

how do I do that?

browser settings most likely at the privacy category

Kinda OT: Even though it works perfectly for me I suggest that gnt.com should use a chat with an IRC backbone though. Especially for the new years batsu so no one can talk in between translations.

[quote="hand":1e6mwggw]browser settings most likely at the privacy category

Kinda OT: Even though it works perfectly for me I suggest that gnt.com should use a chat with an IRC backbone though. Especially for the new years batsu so no one can talk in between translations.[/quote:1e6mwggw]

Between translations we could manage to get everyone to shut up when the fly translation was going on, but that’s a good idea, we’ll see what we can do ;)

[quote="||—PEGO—||":1egkc7c5][quote="Kanzaki":1egkc7c5]Update flash, enable javascript and all other scripting languages, turn off adblock, try with a different browser… those are some common solutions to these kind of problems.[/quote:1egkc7c5]

tried everything[/quote:1egkc7c5]

hi there will i suggest if you if you want a brand new chatbox that can be used for varying purposes such as leisure and Internet marketing and all other features? I recommend Chatwing free chatbox.
Chatwing’s free chatbox is now available for thousands of new and professional Livejournal bloggers.
This chat application excels in creating bridges of communication for bloggers and web surfers.
Chatwing also allows everyone to utilize the power of social media.
Chatwing takes pride on its chat tool’s easy installation mechanism.
After registering his blog’s domain name, the user can now access the Chatwing dashboard and proceed to widget customization.

[b:1egkc7c5]Features:[/b:1egkc7c5]
[i:1egkc7c5]No charge[/i:1egkc7c5]
[b:1egkc7c5][i:1egkc7c5]Chatwing[/i:1egkc7c5][/b:1egkc7c5] chatbox hosting service is free.
[b:1egkc7c5]Web standards[/b:1egkc7c5]
[b:1egkc7c5][i:1egkc7c5]Chatwing’s[/i:1egkc7c5][/b:1egkc7c5] chatbox is designed with the web standards It is a chatbox created with passion by chatbox enthusiasts.

[b:1egkc7c5]Great usability[/b:1egkc7c5]
[i:1egkc7c5]Facebook and Twitter login options and social sharing![/i:1egkc7c5]
[b:1egkc7c5]Embedded straight into any web page, website and blog. [/b:1egkc7c5]
[i:1egkc7c5]See number of users online in real-time[/i:1egkc7c5]
[b:1egkc7c5]Works with all blogging platforms[/b:1egkc7c5]
[i:1egkc7c5]Full chatbox in pop-up.[/i:1egkc7c5]
[b:1egkc7c5]More controls and suitable for long chat sessions.[/b:1egkc7c5]
[i:1egkc7c5]Simple interface.[/i:1egkc7c5]
[b:1egkc7c5]Clean and managed interface gives you the best chatting experience.[/b:1egkc7c5]
[i:1egkc7c5]Admin mode, live delete messages and block users.[/i:1egkc7c5]
[b:1egkc7c5]Manage your chatbox with full ease while being part of the chat.[/b:1egkc7c5]
[i:1egkc7c5]Live message preview.[/i:1egkc7c5]
[b:1egkc7c5]Worried of massive typos? Not anymore![/b:1egkc7c5]
[i:1egkc7c5]No more clicking into text boxes, once load just type![/i:1egkc7c5]
[b:1egkc7c5]Smart auto linker.[/b:1egkc7c5]
[i:1egkc7c5]Automatically converting all URLs to clickable links.[/i:1egkc7c5]
[b:1egkc7c5]Smart flood control.[/b:1egkc7c5]
[i:1egkc7c5]Flood control with no retyping required. Just click when you are allowed to post again.[/i:1egkc7c5]
[b:1egkc7c5]Remember details.[/b:1egkc7c5]
[i:1egkc7c5]No more unnecessary retyping.[/i:1egkc7c5]
[b:1egkc7c5]Smileys/emoticons.[/b:1egkc7c5]
[i:1egkc7c5]Chat with fun![/i:1egkc7c5]
[b:1egkc7c5]And lots more.[/b:1egkc7c5]

Visit [b:1egkc7c5][i:1egkc7c5]Chatwing.com[/i:1egkc7c5][/b:1egkc7c5] for more info.

Thanks for your time. I hope this will be a great feature and news for people who are looking for a new live chatbox.

I gather that people with troubles are those who don’t have an updated version of [b:cuwy6a8c]Flash[/b:cuwy6a8c]. That solves the problem as far as I’m concerned.

If the community wants an IRC based chat, I can get that set up…

Chat has always worked for me previously, now it seem kaput. And my flash player is up to date to the latest version, so it is not that.

[quote="DesertStarr":2yfuqqif]Chat has always worked for me previously, now it seem kaput. And my flash player is up to date to the latest version, so it is not that.[/quote:2yfuqqif]

Kaput as in you can’t display the chat at all? Just wondering because to actually chat in the box you now need a Chatango account and be logged in to Chatango via the Set Name thing, because recent troll spam meant the site admin had to make it registered users only. The chat works fine for me right now on Firefox 27.0.1.

Regarding the original topic from 2011, I’ve seen Pego chatting in the box so I think they solved their problem, unless they’re having problems right now again.

I redact my previous, statement it works now. It was showing , but had a click here to chat button which was never there previously. Now that button is gone and the chat appears correctly upon loading of the home page.

Also Soudou we have chated in the chat before, so your forgetting who I am is quite saddening :P

[quote="DesertStarr":1ha7hien]Also Soudou we have chated in the chat before, so your forgetting who I am is quite saddening :P[/quote:1ha7hien]

lol of course I know who you are DesertStarr! I still remember our conversation of the temptations of Idiot Abroad etc. ;) I just wasn’t sure if you were using an actual account back then or simply entering the name DesertStarr like I used to do. Glad you got it sorted.