Watch the 2012 batsu game live with KeyholeTV TUTORIAL

Some people are asking on where and how to watch the batsu game this year. I dunno how many people knows this, but it seems that not many people know about Keyhole TV, so I thought I’d help.

KeyholeTV is a Japanese P2P TV software supported by Japan’s Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, it allows you to broadcast your own channel via peer to peer network across the net, and also allows you to view several Japanese TV channels like NTV, Asahi and FujiTV, etc. Gaki no Tsukai is broadcasted on NTV.

Here is the better description of the program: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KeyHoleTV
Here to download : http://www.v2p.jp/video/english/
Here is an old 2008 tutorial on how to set it: http://xorsyst.com/japan/watch-japanese-tv-online/

It’s been two years since I used this program, I’ve downloaded the latest version, I can confirmed it works on Windows 7 and that NTV is still there.

Go to this link: http://www.v2p.jp/video/english/

Scroll to the middle of the page, you want to download the viewer software on the left, not the broadcaster software on the right. Click the download button, and you will be taken to a directory page, choose your operating system (Windows, Mac, Iphone, etc). Download the setup file and install it.

Beware, your firewall and antivirus program will try to block KeyholeTV’s connection, so set them up to allow KeyholeTV to connect. Start the program and you’ll see two tabs on the bottom, video and program. Click program to see the channel list, NTV is the second from the bottom, double click and the channel should start!

Thanks for the tutorial, many members will love it.

btw, I think we’ll be watching a stream from Justin.tv, with a better quality than Keyhole.

And remember that last year, Nihon TV got password protected during the Batsu Game, we couldn’t watch the batsu game on it :)

Was it?!? Aw man, this tut is useless if then.

I’m gonna try and watch the regular episode tonight, see if it’s password protected during the broadcast of GnT. Because I just watched Takuya Kimura’s drama on FujiTV no problem just now. if it’s password protected, it’s probably because of the adult content (apparently GnT is rated M), let’s see if I can crack the password. Cuz I read on the net, the password for NHK, is ‘NHK’ all cap. Maybe for NTV it’s ‘NTV’?

theres password protected lol anyone have clue what the pass is?

Feck! I forgot to watch, now it’s a show about Nobuhiko Takada vs Gal Sone eating contest. Anyone tried it? Was it password protected?

– 11.12.2011, 22:04 –

[quote="odan360":2wtlv1cj]theres password protected lol anyone have clue what the pass is?[/quote:2wtlv1cj]

So it was? Try "NTV" all caps or "日本テレビ".

Episode of today will be broadcoast at 12.26AM so you can see it ^^

[quote="angelpick":z2tvbtam]Episode of today will be broadcoast at 12.26AM so you can see it ^[1]

Oooooooooo!! so it’s not gonna be on for another 18 minutes? Okay, I’m gonna watch and give you guys a report later.

– 11.12.2011, 22:30 –

Hey, it works, GnT’s on now and it’s not password protected. It’s a Shichi Henge episode, featuring Nakagawa Seiji.

So in case it’s also not password protected on New Year’s Eve, and nobody set up a Justin.tv stream, I’m gonna watch it on KeyholeTV.

1. /quote:z2tvbtam ↩︎

I think the real reason for the password protection is because of the bandwidth that it will use during the new years eve broadcast, the best option is justin.tv streams are good quality compared to KeyholeTV.

Also it was kinda funny (in retrospect) trying to chase the broadcast around on different justin.tv channels and whoever was broadcasting on one of the channels last time would switch over at ad breaks to other channels or do stuff like play music lol.

[quote="rich8606":3pomei5g] NTV is the second from the bottom, double click and the channel should start![/quote:3pomei5g]

I’m getting Tokyo tv on the second to last. Did I click the wrong one or is that the same programming?

At what time and days is GnT aired?

[quote="pariah":gd1lbtgr]I think the real reason for the password protection is because of the bandwidth that it will use during the new years eve broadcast, the best option is justin.tv streams are good quality compared to KeyholeTV.

Also it was kinda funny (in retrospect) trying to chase the broadcast around on different justin.tv channels and whoever was broadcasting on one of the channels last time would switch over at ad breaks to other channels or do stuff like play music lol.[/quote:gd1lbtgr]

How many forum members are actually living in Japan? How likely it is that they’ll set up a Justin.tv stream?

[quote="tadsgirl":gd1lbtgr][quote="rich8606":gd1lbtgr] NTV is the second from the bottom, double click and the channel should start![/quote:gd1lbtgr]

I’m getting Tokyo tv on the second to last. Did I click the wrong one or is that the same programming?[/quote:gd1lbtgr]

Hooo? So everybody gets a different list then, In that case look for one that starts with 日本テレビ.

[quote="Yakarin":gd1lbtgr]At what time and days is GnT aired?[/quote:gd1lbtgr]

Sunday night, 10:56 pm Tokyo time. Google Tokyo time and calculate the time difference to your country.

thanks. rich :bow:

pleez upload it on MediaFire :angel: :nod:

[quote="omash":g3h5e3ff]pleez upload it on MediaFire :angel: :nod:[/quote:g3h5e3ff]

i don’t know how we can upload something which is not aired yet…

And about the date/time and Gaki, normally it’s at 10:56PM, but last week and next week it will be later than usual.To be sure, I always check the NTV TV-program (http://www.ntv.co.jp/program/ Gaki is on the blue 11)

Just want to say; I am really grateful for this topic ^_^ you guys thank you very much ;( :bow:

[quote="angelpick":vwpv822u][quote="omash":vwpv822u]pleez upload it on MediaFire :angel: :nod:[/quote:vwpv822u]

i don’t know how we can upload something which is not aired yet…

And about the date/time and Gaki, normally it’s at 10:56PM, but last week and next week it will be later than usual.To be sure, I always check the NTV TV-program (http://www.ntv.co.jp/program/ Gaki is on the blue 11)[/quote:vwpv822u]

Hey, nice. So Gaki last week and this air on 11.26PM, probably because of the soccer matches?

Btw, I think the episode was already uploaded, I saw Nakagawa Reiji Shichi Henge’s thread on the front page yesterday.

[quote="pariah":1hn5b2s6]Also it was kinda funny (in retrospect) trying to chase the broadcast around on different justin.tv channels and whoever was broadcasting on one of the channels last time would switch over at ad breaks to other channels or do stuff like play music lol.[/quote:1hn5b2s6]

My recollection is that there wasn’t a password on the keyhole broadcast. But you were looking at like 5-10FPS, so it was pretty bad.

I was bouncing around the Justin feeds too. That was the guy with the kiddie robotic voice on with him too wasn’t it? That was really annoying.

Yeah that was it, it was only done during ad breaks though so it was fine.

[quote="rich8606":gbgp6qz5]
How many forum members are actually living in Japan? How likely it is that they’ll set up a Justin.tv stream?
[/quote:gbgp6qz5]

There were at least two streams last year on Justin.tv and I don’t think that they were forum members but I could be wrong about that.

hey all , sorry to ask this question as i know there is a count down clock on the home page.

But could someone please give me the exact date and time that the airport batsu will be on in england? the reason i ask is because i missed the live one last year and i dont want to miss this years live

thanks

[quote="jumpman233345":3b04f4zi]hey all , sorry to ask this question as i know there is a count down clock on the home page.

But could someone please give me the exact date and time that the airport batsu will be on in england? the reason i ask is because i missed the live one last year and i dont want to miss this years live

thanks[/quote:3b04f4zi]

From 6.30PM to 12.30AM on December 31st (japanese time ^^)