Working with hard subbed subs?

Hey Guys

As I´m working on my Translations, I was looking for some kind of tool, which is able to recognize already subbed Batsus. I tried my common sub-programms but they don´t get me some ass output so far. The point is, I want to use the subs vom gakifiles, cause theyre just made better and good looking. So far I didn´t found specific subs for the high school Batsu. So, like I said, is there a programm which is able to do that or do you maybe know some nice looking subs for the high school?

Thxalot

I didn’t really catch your point, do you want to get the sub files from Gakifiles to translate them again in your language ? Well I guess you should just try and find what’s up in here. If it’s not there, search google or gakifiles, if it’s not found, i don’t think it exists anywhere as a .ass file. Gaki no Tsukai is a small world on the internet, if you can’t find it, then it’s not there at all.

EDIT: You can’t rip the subtitles off hard-subbed videos if that’s what you’re attempting. The subtitles are embedded into the video frames, and the only thing you can do is find the original .ass (which is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1176) as well as the original video and translate each line in Aegisub.

There’s a program called AVISubDetector but there’s no guide and it doesn’t seem easy to use for a beginner. Here it is though if you can figure it out:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVISubDetector

If you just want your subs to look pretty (as in the colours etc.) then there’s quite a few .ASS files around on the Gaki forums with the colours for each Gaki cast member. If you load them up in Aegisub you can go to Styles Manager and put them in Storage to use in future. Then when you’ve got a new sub file you go to the Styles Manager and load up those stored styles which you can then select as a dropdown for each line.

When you’re typing up your translation in a text file you can copy paste the styling (the coloured bits):
[b:1t9nhfhx][color=#BF0000:1t9nhfhx]Dialogue: 0,0:00:00.00,0:00:00.00,Matsumoto,Matsumoto,0,0,0,[/color:1t9nhfhx][/b:1t9nhfhx]What are you doing?
[b:1t9nhfhx][color=#008000:1t9nhfhx]Dialogue: 0,0:00:00.00,0:00:00.00,Yamasaki,Yamasaki,0,0,0,[/color:1t9nhfhx][/b:1t9nhfhx]Eh?

Then when timing in Aegisub it’ll automatically apply the style without having to use the dropdown (so long as they’ve been loaded up already and are using the same titles e.g. "Matsumoto" for the red). Though I honestly only just played around with Aegisub the other day so I don’t know if thats the best way to do it. :D