[forum request]spoiler tags

Technical support, site inquiries, and forum questions
can we get spoiler tags on the forum please.
while the "hide" button works, it is more meant to hide multiple posts into a single post.

to make erhan's life easier.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... de_spoiler
can a mod move this to the troubleshooting and help section I posted this in the wrong place thanks in advanced.
grindorth wrote:
can a mod move this to the troubleshooting and help section I posted this in the wrong place thanks in advanced.


Done.

grindorth wrote:
while the "hide" button works, it is more meant to hide multiple posts into a single post.
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... de_spoiler


Unfortunately later versions of phpBB don't support stuff from the DB/Modifications directory anymore, they switched to Extensions. However from what I've seen of other forums the "spoiler" tag is just a renamed "hide" tag (click to reveal hidden content). Example:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/bbcode/new_spoiler/
soudou wrote:
grindorth wrote:
can a mod move this to the troubleshooting and help section I posted this in the wrong place thanks in advanced.


Done.

grindorth wrote:
while the "hide" button works, it is more meant to hide multiple posts into a single post.
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... de_spoiler


Unfortunately later versions of phpBB don't support stuff from the DB/Modifications directory anymore, they switched to Extensions. However from what I've seen of other forums the "spoiler" tag is just a renamed "hide" tag (click to reveal hidden content). Example:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/bbcode/new_spoiler/

yeah we can use that instead
also i had no idea erhan left and gave control of the site to methecooldude(the team section is visible to all)
if the site needs more moderators, I would like to join the ranks I lurk most of the time :D :P
grindorth wrote:
also i had no idea erhan left and gave control of the site to methecooldude


Erhan still is around and has administrator privileges but unfortunately they don't have time to make fixes / additions / handle hosting anymore etc. so methecooldude is hosting and has managed to fix the Thanks system, chat, latest posts, etc.
soudou wrote:
grindorth wrote:
also i had no idea erhan left and gave control of the site to methecooldude


Erhan still is around and has administrator privileges but unfortunately they don't have time to make fixes / additions / handle hosting anymore etc. so methecooldude is hosting and has managed to fix the Thanks system, chat, latest posts, etc.

i see...
hopefully the spoiler tag plug in get added soon.
grindorth wrote:
hopefully the spoiler tag plug in get added soon.


You mean the one I linked? It's just the same as the Hide tag.
soudou wrote:
grindorth wrote:
hopefully the spoiler tag plug in get added soon.


You mean the one I linked? It's just the same as the Hide tag.

yeah because this [spoiler]just an example[/spoiler] doesn't work your are suppose to see a black bar.
if not then I tried
grindorth wrote:
yeah because this [spoiler]just an example[/spoiler] doesn't work your are suppose to see a black bar.
if not then I tried


Oh I see. The one you linked in your first post though says "obscures text in a box until the user clicks on it" which is also the same as the hide tag, but I think you're looking for one that "obscures text until user hovers on it"?

Unfortunately ones like the following aren't compatible with the newer version of phpbb:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... poiler_mod

Is there any recent extension/code for phpbb version 3.1.x? I searched phpbb site and the on hover ones seem to be over a decade old mods so no longer compatible sadly, and another I found mentioned in the past year apparently doesn't work well on mobiles, I hear the current layout is meant to be compatible for mobile too. :(
soudou wrote:
grindorth wrote:
yeah because this [spoiler]just an example[/spoiler] doesn't work your are suppose to see a black bar.
if not then I tried


Oh I see. The one you linked in your first post though says "obscures text in a box until the user clicks on it" which is also the same as the hide tag, but I think you're looking for one that "obscures text until user hovers on it"?

Unfortunately ones like the following aren't compatible with the newer version of phpbb:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... poiler_mod

Is there any recent extension/code for phpbb version 3.1.x? I searched phpbb site and the on hover ones seem to be over a decade old mods so no longer compatible sadly, and another I found mentioned in the past year apparently doesn't work well on mobiles, I hear the current layout is meant to be compatible for mobile too. :(

the click one is better
also if you look at your hosei thread or whenever ernie posts stuff, you see that the hide button works better at hiding a lot of stuff into single post which is good because its working as intended.
grindorth wrote:
soudou wrote:
grindorth wrote:
yeah because this just an example doesn't work your are suppose to see a black bar.
if not then I tried


Oh I see. The one you linked in your first post though says "obscures text in a box until the user clicks on it" which is also the same as the hide tag, but I think you're looking for one that "obscures text until user hovers on it"?

Unfortunately ones like the following aren't compatible with the newer version of phpbb:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... poiler_mod

Is there any recent extension/code for phpbb version 3.1.x? I searched phpbb site and the on hover ones seem to be over a decade old mods so no longer compatible sadly, and another I found mentioned in the past year apparently doesn't work well on mobiles, I hear the current layout is meant to be compatible for mobile too. :(

the click one is better
also if you look at your hosei thread or whenever ernie posts stuff, you see that the hide button works better at hiding a lot of stuff into single post which is good because its working as intended.

How this: This text is behind the spoiler wall
methecooldude wrote:
How this: This text is behind the spoiler wall


Great job!

Housei gets slapped by Chono next year. 8)
methecooldude wrote:
grindorth wrote:
soudou wrote:

Oh I see. The one you linked in your first post though says "obscures text in a box until the user clicks on it" which is also the same as the hide tag, but I think you're looking for one that "obscures text until user hovers on it"?

Unfortunately ones like the following aren't compatible with the newer version of phpbb:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... poiler_mod

Is there any recent extension/code for phpbb version 3.1.x? I searched phpbb site and the on hover ones seem to be over a decade old mods so no longer compatible sadly, and another I found mentioned in the past year apparently doesn't work well on mobiles, I hear the current layout is meant to be compatible for mobile too. :(

the click one is better
also if you look at your hosei thread or whenever ernie posts stuff, you see that the hide button works better at hiding a lot of stuff into single post which is good because its working as intended.

How this: This text is behind the spoiler wall

but you can do that only registered users can remove the spoiler wall? to hide mega key
Done, have a look now, then logout :)
thanks dude I have been asking for this for years