Page 1 of 1

[forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 11.07.2016, 05:28
by grindorth
can we get spoiler tags on the forum please.
while the "hide" button works, it is more meant to hide multiple posts into a single post.

to make erhan's life easier.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... de_spoiler

Re: [forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 14.07.2016, 04:42
by grindorth
can a mod move this to the troubleshooting and help section I posted this in the wrong place thanks in advanced.

Re: [forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 14.07.2016, 15:48
by soudou
grindorth wrote:
can a mod move this to the troubleshooting and help section I posted this in the wrong place thanks in advanced.


Done.

grindorth wrote:
while the "hide" button works, it is more meant to hide multiple posts into a single post.
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... de_spoiler


Unfortunately later versions of phpBB don't support stuff from the DB/Modifications directory anymore, they switched to Extensions. However from what I've seen of other forums the "spoiler" tag is just a renamed "hide" tag (click to reveal hidden content). Example:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/bbcode/new_spoiler/

Re: [forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 17.07.2016, 08:31
by grindorth
soudou wrote:
grindorth wrote:
can a mod move this to the troubleshooting and help section I posted this in the wrong place thanks in advanced.


Done.

grindorth wrote:
while the "hide" button works, it is more meant to hide multiple posts into a single post.
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... de_spoiler


Unfortunately later versions of phpBB don't support stuff from the DB/Modifications directory anymore, they switched to Extensions. However from what I've seen of other forums the "spoiler" tag is just a renamed "hide" tag (click to reveal hidden content). Example:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/bbcode/new_spoiler/

yeah we can use that instead
also i had no idea erhan left and gave control of the site to methecooldude(the team section is visible to all)
if the site needs more moderators, I would like to join the ranks I lurk most of the time :D :P

Re: [forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 17.07.2016, 18:36
by soudou
grindorth wrote:
also i had no idea erhan left and gave control of the site to methecooldude


Erhan still is around and has administrator privileges but unfortunately they don't have time to make fixes / additions / handle hosting anymore etc. so methecooldude is hosting and has managed to fix the Thanks system, chat, latest posts, etc.

Re: [forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 18.07.2016, 07:07
by grindorth
soudou wrote:
grindorth wrote:
also i had no idea erhan left and gave control of the site to methecooldude


Erhan still is around and has administrator privileges but unfortunately they don't have time to make fixes / additions / handle hosting anymore etc. so methecooldude is hosting and has managed to fix the Thanks system, chat, latest posts, etc.

i see...
hopefully the spoiler tag plug in get added soon.

Re: [forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 18.07.2016, 17:40
by soudou
grindorth wrote:
hopefully the spoiler tag plug in get added soon.


You mean the one I linked? It's just the same as the Hide tag.

Re: [forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 20.07.2016, 03:46
by grindorth
soudou wrote:
grindorth wrote:
hopefully the spoiler tag plug in get added soon.


You mean the one I linked? It's just the same as the Hide tag.

yeah because this [spoiler]just an example[/spoiler] doesn't work your are suppose to see a black bar.
if not then I tried

Re: [forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 20.07.2016, 10:10
by soudou
grindorth wrote:
yeah because this [spoiler]just an example[/spoiler] doesn't work your are suppose to see a black bar.
if not then I tried


Oh I see. The one you linked in your first post though says "obscures text in a box until the user clicks on it" which is also the same as the hide tag, but I think you're looking for one that "obscures text until user hovers on it"?

Unfortunately ones like the following aren't compatible with the newer version of phpbb:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... poiler_mod

Is there any recent extension/code for phpbb version 3.1.x? I searched phpbb site and the on hover ones seem to be over a decade old mods so no longer compatible sadly, and another I found mentioned in the past year apparently doesn't work well on mobiles, I hear the current layout is meant to be compatible for mobile too. :(

Re: [forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 21.07.2016, 00:05
by grindorth
soudou wrote:
grindorth wrote:
yeah because this [spoiler]just an example[/spoiler] doesn't work your are suppose to see a black bar.
if not then I tried


Oh I see. The one you linked in your first post though says "obscures text in a box until the user clicks on it" which is also the same as the hide tag, but I think you're looking for one that "obscures text until user hovers on it"?

Unfortunately ones like the following aren't compatible with the newer version of phpbb:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... poiler_mod

Is there any recent extension/code for phpbb version 3.1.x? I searched phpbb site and the on hover ones seem to be over a decade old mods so no longer compatible sadly, and another I found mentioned in the past year apparently doesn't work well on mobiles, I hear the current layout is meant to be compatible for mobile too. :(

the click one is better
also if you look at your hosei thread or whenever ernie posts stuff, you see that the hide button works better at hiding a lot of stuff into single post which is good because its working as intended.

Re: [forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 21.07.2016, 17:53
by methecooldude
grindorth wrote:
soudou wrote:
grindorth wrote:
yeah because this just an example doesn't work your are suppose to see a black bar.
if not then I tried


Oh I see. The one you linked in your first post though says "obscures text in a box until the user clicks on it" which is also the same as the hide tag, but I think you're looking for one that "obscures text until user hovers on it"?

Unfortunately ones like the following aren't compatible with the newer version of phpbb:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... poiler_mod

Is there any recent extension/code for phpbb version 3.1.x? I searched phpbb site and the on hover ones seem to be over a decade old mods so no longer compatible sadly, and another I found mentioned in the past year apparently doesn't work well on mobiles, I hear the current layout is meant to be compatible for mobile too. :(

the click one is better
also if you look at your hosei thread or whenever ernie posts stuff, you see that the hide button works better at hiding a lot of stuff into single post which is good because its working as intended.

How this: This text is behind the spoiler wall

Re: [forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 21.07.2016, 18:14
by soudou
methecooldude wrote:
How this: This text is behind the spoiler wall


Great job!

Housei gets slapped by Chono next year. 8)

Re: [forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 22.07.2016, 05:48
by unos
methecooldude wrote:
grindorth wrote:
soudou wrote:

Oh I see. The one you linked in your first post though says "obscures text in a box until the user clicks on it" which is also the same as the hide tag, but I think you're looking for one that "obscures text until user hovers on it"?

Unfortunately ones like the following aren't compatible with the newer version of phpbb:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... poiler_mod

Is there any recent extension/code for phpbb version 3.1.x? I searched phpbb site and the on hover ones seem to be over a decade old mods so no longer compatible sadly, and another I found mentioned in the past year apparently doesn't work well on mobiles, I hear the current layout is meant to be compatible for mobile too. :(

the click one is better
also if you look at your hosei thread or whenever ernie posts stuff, you see that the hide button works better at hiding a lot of stuff into single post which is good because its working as intended.

How this: This text is behind the spoiler wall

but you can do that only registered users can remove the spoiler wall? to hide mega key

Re: [forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 22.07.2016, 16:37
by methecooldude
Done, have a look now, then logout :)

Re: [forum request]spoiler tags

Posted: 22.07.2016, 22:46
by grindorth
thanks dude I have been asking for this for years