How can I send private messages?

For some reason I’m unable to send private messages. Is it because of my rank which is Newbie? I know that users registered later than me and with less posts are able to send private messages.

Any help appreciated! :)

[quote:3tj8crtj]We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature.[/quote:3tj8crtj]

I’m a newbie and it seems I can send you a PM if I want…?

Were you perhaps trying to PM ErnieYoung? XD He said he turned off PMs in another board, and then I saw this one… then I played detective.

No, I wasn’t trying to PM Ernie. I just don’t have the option to PM anybody. The only option I have is to send email.

Also, when going Private Messages -> Compose Message, I get this text:

[quote:bzvqmg8p]We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature.[/quote:bzvqmg8p]
Seems like for some reason it’s disabled on my account.

Only thing I can think of is to get a few more posts and see? As of now I can currently send PMs and you don’t seem too far off from my count.

Well, there are users with less posts than me and registered later than me, but they’re able to send private messages. So I’m not sure it will help. :(

This was in FAQ: [url=http://www.gaki-no-tsukai.com/faq.php#f5r0:1tq9o8f8]I cannot send private messages![/url:1tq9o8f8]

[quote:1tq9o8f8]There are three reasons for this; you are not registered and/or not logged on, the board administrator has disabled private messaging for the entire board, or the board administrator has prevented you from sending messages. Contact a board administrator for more information.[/quote:1tq9o8f8]
But I can’t even contact a board administrator because I’m not able to send PMs. :doh:

you can send pm’s but some users disable theirs for obvious reasons

[quote="grindorth":3mfqd14h]you can send pm’s but some users disable theirs for obvious reasons[/quote:3mfqd14h]
Well, I can’t. Unless everybody in Gaki no Tsukai forum have disabled theirs.

It’s really annoying when someone sends you a PM, but you’re unable to reply them back. :doh:

I was about to ask if I sent you a PM if you would be able to answer it back XD

[quote="GGib":3jx85nok][quote="grindorth":3jx85nok]you can send pm’s but some users disable theirs for obvious reasons[/quote:3jx85nok]
Well, I can’t. Unless everybody in Gaki no Tsukai forum have disabled theirs.

It’s really annoying when someone sends you a PM, but you’re unable to reply them back. :doh:[/quote:3jx85nok]
Was it Ernie? He disabled his, he was getting a ton of requests pm’d to him

I’ll pm you to see if you can reply to me

It wasn’t Ernie. Here’s a screenshot of the message but I don’t have reply option:

[img:3pf8bedu]https://s8.postimg.org/l6ef92alh/for.png[/img:3pf8bedu]

I pm’ed a team member (moderator) to check out your situation. A lot of the team members aren’t very active it seems. The most recent active one visited 5 days ago from this writing.

Do you see this button under people’s profile info on this thread? (or any thread)
I just noticed this button myself :D

[attachment=0:jji6t5el]gakiforum.jpg[/attachment:jji6t5el]

[quote="yoshiikuzo":1jykfej8]Do you see this button under people’s profile info on this thread? (or any thread)
I just noticed this button myself :D

gakiforum.jpg[/quote:1jykfej8]
Nope. I can’t see anybody having that button under their profile. :(

i don’t know man where are the mods though?

Bump! I’m still unable to send PMs.

[quote="GGib":3bjtqsb1]Bump! I’m still unable to send PMs.[/quote:3bjtqsb1]

[quote="GGib":209wl87k][quote="GGib":209wl87k]Bump! I’m still unable to send PMs.[/quote:209wl87k][/quote:209wl87k]
Have you tried on different browsers? Maybe it’s because of the extensions adblock, ublock, noscript, etc. Try run browser without extensions. Try to create a new account and see if you can send PM.

[quote="unos":3tdxg9ux]Have you tried on different browsers? Maybe it’s because of the extensions adblock, ublock, noscript, etc. Try run browser without extensions. Try to create a new account and see if you can send PM.[/quote:3tdxg9ux]
Tried on Edge where I have no extensions. Didn’t work either. :(

Creating a new account won’t work as newly registered users can’t send PMs either. But then again, I can’t seem to send them either. I think the only option to fix this would be if one of the moderators or site owners would adjust something on my profile. There seems to have been some kind of a bug where the PM function hasn’t turned active.

I hope a mod comes around and helps you soon… But maybe you’ll hit ‘regular’ before and the problem will be fixed…? If it doesn’t then that’s definitely a problem…

Bump! Still unable to send private messages… :(