d-addicts tracker is SHUTTING DOWN

Hello,

Such an unbelievable news…

[url:2614fjor]http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_82615.htm[/url:2614fjor]
[url:2614fjor]http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_82675.htm[/url:2614fjor]

I’m shocked. Those copyright scums are real trash ><

Wha…no … nooooo :pinch:

Well to be fair d-addicts isn’t shutting down. The website/forum will remain intact, torrents will be relisted on public trackers, and the torrents will be indexed on d-addicts so people know where to find them.

It’s more work this way, and some of the older torrents might not get relisted for a while but overall it will mostly the same functionality as before.

The relisting on public trackers will make the seeders/leechers count to be reset to 0, will it? I’m not sure if the torrent quality will stay the same…

Actually the d-addicts tracker was never a private tracker, so it’s not too much different. But d-addicts will no longer keep track of torrent stats, so that is a downside. So far,the relisting has been going pretty well I think. Everyone just re-downloads the torrent (the .torrent file, not the whole video) and then they can keep on seeding/leeching as normal.

It might affect older torrents if seeders don’t re-download the torrent file to keep seeding, but for torrents posted from now on, since they will be indexed at d-addicts everyone will go to the same source, so quality shouldn’t be an issue.

I think if you are trying to grab an older torrent and there are no seeders you can still just request reseed at d-addicts.

[quote:1y2edp3f]It might affect older torrents if seeders don’t re-download the torrent file to keep seeding[/quote:1y2edp3f]

This is precisely the case I was thinking about. Will the few seeders of, for example, the full cosplay bus videos torrent update their torrents?

Wait&See…

The whole website is down :(

d-addicts is gone ;(
anyone know what’s going to happen now? this is too sad ;(

Wow that sucks!

Damn, this does suck!

Was this announced beforehand this time?

I don’t pay attention to any messages there. Someone in the know?

Eh not sure if its gone, the domain wasn’t renewed, so the actual site may still be up.

I tried the ip address of the actual server and there was no site, however I may have just gotten the wrong ip address :confused:

EDIT: Looking around it seems that theres something wrong with their server for certain countries?

They announced shutting down about a year ago, although with no set date. That’s also when they stopped updating the "Drama of the week" etc. Farewell D-addicts.

I hope gaki-no-tsukai.com is not gonna be the next victim :sweat: :sweat:

did this forum ever broke any copyright thing?? just to know … to get prepared … :sweat:

Uh, its back up. Freaky.

[quote="Piripiri":279g2hat]They announced shutting down about a year ago, although with no set date. That’s also when they stopped updating the "Drama of the week" etc. Farewell D-addicts.[/quote:279g2hat]
that was just the tracker :confused: