Just removed google analytics

Hey everyone,

I just removed the google analytics script for security and privacy reasons as those script give the possibility for google to track were every user here surfs. We don’t want this and support this.

We recommend you the use of scripts/extensions like ghostery and other scripts and the use of http://www.duckduckgo.com .

We are in are time of supressions of free information flow. In many countries atm censoring mechanisms, in the disguise of piracy and child protection, get installed. This is an attack on the principles of free thinking and liberty.

And maybe we should exchange which alternatives to youtube are good.

Yours sincerely

The janitor.

It’s great to see that a decision like this has been made. :clap: I too believe that Google is too eager in gathering people’s information. Considering how many websites use analytics(I use the noscrip-addon, so I noticed a lot of websites us it) and how many people use their search engine, email, apps, android smartphone/tablet they have access to who knows how much info.

I applaud your decision and I hope more websites will follow. Because it may all seem harmless now, but when it will be used to rob you of your privacy and your freedom :x , it will be too late. Although this may sound paranoid and exaggerated, I’m merely painting a picture of what the future might be like.

I would much rather donate than see those ads, so I gotta say: thanks! :)

I really appreciate your respect for our privacy, thanks.

Maybe Vimeo could be a good Youtube alternative? I confess I know little about it, because I rarely have cause to use it in YT’s stead.

Thanks for the reminder. Switching to DDG now.

8)

I actually didn’t like the results of ddg. I use google proxies like startpage at the moment.

Thanks for caring :)