Please upload videos instead of streaming-link

[CENTER][size=167:198bq12g][color=red:198bq12g][b:198bq12g]ATTENTION PLEASE[/b:198bq12g][/color:198bq12g][/size:198bq12g][/CENTER]

I created this topic to make something clear.

This site had as a aim to be to be something like a Downtown and Gaki no Tsukai archive site.

We all know that streaming websites are operating a copyright war against all illegal content. Gaki videos on youtube get deleted as soon as they’re found.

What’s the point in getting 80% of the site’s content simple embedded videos to Youtube or Veoh? All that content can be gone in a second or even less… We want this site to be a durable depository of Gaki videos.

What I want to tell you, is that if you post a youtube link or something similar, please do a little effort to download the video from the streaming site and hosting it on megaupload or mediafire. Even if the video is in .flv format, that’s not a problem at all since VLC can read almost all existing formats.

.flv Flash videos (the one that are streamed) aren’t really heavy (because of the quality) so the upload will not take a lot of time.

You can find a hell lot of softwares that allows you to download videos from streaming site. If I have the time, I will maybe write some kind of tutorial showing my own personnal tip using Internet Download Manager (IDM)

Thank you for your comprehension, have fun ;)

what if i can’t download? my computer is to screwed up to do it.

Its not that hard to download the gaki no tsukai bastu games its quite easy :)

Hi, I’m new here.

I’ve been watching all sorts of copyright-infringing stuff on youtube for years now, and in my experience, the stuff that doesn’t get taken down has two things in common:

1. unrecognisable video name. If the only place you intend to link to it is this forum, don’t call it “Gaki no Tsukai”. Instead, try “GNT: B2003”, else risk it drawing unwanted attention from the corporate buzz-kills.

2. No comments allowed.

Simple. There are no cast-iron guarantee they won’t get taken down eventually, but they stand a much better chance at a full and long life this way. And like I said, if all we do is embed them into the pages of this forum, it’s hard to imagine how they’ll ever come up on the corporate radar.

EDIT: just to say that if this approach were taken in future, it might be wise to make the folders in which they’re embedded non-viewable/searchable by passers by and unregistered users.

what about facebook video? i’ve seen a lot of anime/drama site start using facebook video player for their content and still running. since i don’t have a facebook (yup! haha),i don’t know about it clearly. but for me personally, the buffer time are great and viewable.

Yes that the best things is to share it on facebook. This is an easy connection for the video and can able to have a good view. This update was for the real means of the facebook that can do the best for the community.

I recommend using an obscure video hosting website where everybody can have access to the videos. Not everybody can watch videos on veoh because of the country restriction issue and not everybody can download from megaupload. How about we encourage members to upload videos on other video hosting sites like stagevu.com or veehd.com?

Any streaming site = bad, because after a year or even sooner the video will be unavailable.
(and also the video is re-encoded in that process, lowering the quality).

Therefore uploading the raw to a hosting site is the way to go. Naturally people will do this, since they get paid for it. Only one who doesn’t pay is [b:1koawgnq]megaupload[/b:1koawgnq] - this is also why it is so good (no retarded captchas, good speed, no limit that forces you to wait a half day between every download etc) - whereas all other file hosters try to be as annoying as possible to make people buy their overpriced premium accounts. So… where in the would megaupload be blocked if I may ask? You can probably still access it via hidemyass, vtunnel, hotspot shield and similar sites/softwares though, no?

A good alternative is [b:1koawgnq]mediafire[/b:1koawgnq] imho, especially since it never deletes stuff even if the uploader only has a free account.

I could provide a (somewhat) private hosting site? Setting it up on my server, it would act as archive (since I do collect episodes myself). No worrying about me putting it offline or anything. It would have a online hosting panel (just like any other place, like mediafire, rapidshare) - just not limited to download speed and upload size.

[quote="Chrisso":bwivn9ar]I could provide a (somewhat) private hosting site? Setting it up on my server, it would act as archive (since I do collect episodes myself). No worrying about me putting it offline or anything. It would have a online hosting panel (just like any other place, like mediafire, rapidshare) - just not limited to download speed and upload size.[/quote:bwivn9ar]

Of course! Any contribution is welcome. I think you can make up something in the form of an FTP Server.

On a side note, has anyone tried Vimeo instead of Veoh, Pandora etc?

[video:2rowhrzz]http://vimeo.com/26051892[/video:2rowhrzz]

[quote="Kanzaki":39laco0j][quote="Chrisso":39laco0j]I could provide a (somewhat) private hosting site? Setting it up on my server, it would act as archive (since I do collect episodes myself). No worrying about me putting it offline or anything. It would have a online hosting panel (just like any other place, like mediafire, rapidshare) - just not limited to download speed and upload size.[/quote:39laco0j]

Of course! Any contribution is welcome. I think you can make up something in the form of an FTP Server.[/quote:39laco0j]

FTP is an option too of course! Just harder to moderate, as to who can download, upload etcetera