kiki ham

Kiki ham has been translated! Enjoy

http://www.teamgaki.com/kiki-25-ham/

I will try this, even though the Quicktime player is a bit laggy for me. I thought the video link was to a download. I was prepared to mash files together like Shibata wants us to. Any chance that TeamGaki has a download link for the video? In the meantime, I will bear the Quicktime Player version.
BTW, I am really glad you have put this project together. When I am gainfully employed, I will see how my time is, and try to join the team.

Yaaay! Awesome. Thanks for your work! Much appreciated :) Gonna enjoy this indeed!

[quote="Ibaraki Dave":3lzx4voo]I will try this, even though the Quicktime player is a bit laggy for me. I thought the video link was to a download.[/quote:3lzx4voo]

It is a link to a download, your web browser might be set to autoplay MP4 files using Quicktime’s web player. For me, after the ad page, it triggered a download prompt asking me where I want to save the MP4 file. :)

Great, thanks!!

And softsubs!! Awesome! (I’m not a fan of streaming sites)

I’m going to modify how our links work. I’ll see if I can get it to force a download, if not, I’ll simply upload a .zip with the file in if you want to DL it rather then stream it from us.

Absolutely brilliant. Mickstar, you legend.

Ibaraki Dave, if you have Google Chrome, enter to the video like normal, and when it starts to play, press ‘‘Ctrl + S’’ and you can save the video as if you clicked ‘‘Save As…’’

You can also right click on the video while playing and a menu will pop out offering many options, one of them is ‘‘Save Video As…’’

Thanks everybody! I updated my Quicktime last night, but it didn’t change much. I will try what VideoGameDC suggested.

[quote="Ibaraki Dave":2pynqi4o]Thanks everybody! I updated my Quicktime last night, but it didn’t change much. I will try what VideoGameDC suggested.[/quote:2pynqi4o]

Let us know if it worked.

[quote="VideogameDC":2pbjv6uz]Let us know if it worked.[/quote:2pbjv6uz]

It got a little hinky at about 10 minutes, so I stopped watching. I came back to it a few hours later and it worked perfectly. My PC can be moody sometimes.

I reccomend just disabling the Quicktime plugin personally and then you should hopefully get a download prompt, after which you can just save it and watch it in VLC Player or something without browser lag.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... 2?hl=en-GB

[quote:3156syn4]Enable or disable QuickTime plug-in

The QuickTime plug-in is enabled by default after you’ve restarted Chrome. You can enable or disable the plug-in at chrome:plugins.

Type chrome:plugins in the address bar.
Find QuickTime:
    Click Disable to stop the plug-in from running.
    Click Enable to re-enable the plug-in.

[/quote:3156syn4]

I’m on Firefox and its Quicktime plug-in isn’t set as the default for me so I get a download prompt instead of it auto-playing in Quicktime

Apple lets you disable their products? Wow.

Another kiki episode subbed? Thanks a lot, especially for providing soft subs!

What’s the difference of Soft subs and Hard subs? :^)

[quote="VideogameDC":34kg320m]What’s the difference of Soft subs and Hard subs? :^)[/quote:34kg320m]

Softsubs are external files. They can be outside the video as an srt or ass file, or they can be inside a container like a MKV or MP4. You can enable or disable them, you can change the style, and they are rendered at your screen’s resolution.

Hardsubs are videos encoded with the sub file so the text is part of the image. There’s nothing you can do with them because they are just pixels.

Hardsubs are good for consoles because they don’t have support for external subtitles. You have to use hardsubs too when you want to upload the video to a streaming site.

[quote="Knudow":1oyksed4]and they are rendered at your screen’s resolution.[/quote:1oyksed4]

Yeah this is why I like soft subs personally, they’re crisp sharp and clear regardless of your resolution, whereas hardsubs get stretched and become a bit more blurry at higher resolutions.
But hardsubs are best for streaming and non-PC use indeed.

[quote="soudou":jthfo9bm][quote="Knudow":jthfo9bm]and they are rendered at your screen’s resolution.[/quote:jthfo9bm]

Yeah this is why I like soft subs personally, they’re crisp sharp and clear regardless of your resolution, whereas hardsubs get stretched and become a bit more blurry at higher resolutions.
But hardsubs are best for streaming and non-PC use indeed.[/quote:jthfo9bm]

I get sad when you see all those old GnT videos where the subtitles are all pixelated because of the video’s low resolution. If we had softsubs for everything it’d be great :(

I get sadder when I think that every hardsub means that the fansubber has a softsub but decided not to release it :(

Is there a streaming source for this?

[quote="Dynasty":2evtpox4]Is there a streaming source for this?[/quote:2evtpox4]

[url:2evtpox4]http://downloads.teamgaki.com/videos/Kiki%20Ham.mp4[/url:2evtpox4]

If you use Chrome, you should be able to view the video clicking the link above.

Awesome! HUGE thanks, mickstar813 =)