Page 1 of 1

*SUBBED* Murakami shoji's Pilot class.

Posted: 15.01.2015, 18:31
by Drageat
Hey guys, so i decided to start subbing!

This is my first project EVER, and i am learning Japanese as we speak, so this isn't a perfect translation.I'm looking forward to subbing much more videos, but i need an editor and a typesetter, so if you're any of the two(and you're willing to work together) please feel free to contact me.Doing this all took me 8 hours in total, if this awesome community that helped give me so much joy in the past years enjoy this video for 20 minutes, that will make me happy.

Note: The Downtown monologue is not subbed at the end.


Translation notes:

1.I am missing about 3-5 lines in total, i added ??? to because i really did not know what they meant.
2.I improv sometimes, there's a few conversations, about 10 lines where i subbed what i think they said, i'm not 100% sure it's the right one, but it's what i know, and i think they work for what they are, it's better than ??? as that in my experience really takes me out of watching.
3.Since i did the typesetting,subbing,editing and encoding, it's not up to teamgaki standards, but i think i did an ok job as a first project, with atleast 95% of it is correctly subbed and the other 5% improved to a point where you can understand what they say.

So yeah without further ado, enjoy Classroom series: Pilot!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2et8a ... series_fun

I will re upload if it's taken down!

Re: *SUBBED* Murakami shoji's Pilot class.

Posted: 15.01.2015, 22:31
by atreyu_tiger
Welcome and thank you for taking your time to show this episode to the community. :)
Be careful with the improvisations. Sure, it's important to keep the same laughing effect for an English speaking audience, but don't get too far from the original.

I read your post a couple of times, but the link is nowhere to be seen. Are the subtitles in progress? If they're completed, feel free to edit your post when you can (in case you just forgot to paste the links by accident :P )

Take care

Re: *SUBBED* Murakami shoji's Pilot class.

Posted: 16.01.2015, 01:34
by Drageat
atreyu_tiger wrote:
Welcome and thank you for taking your time to show this episode to the community. :)
Be careful with the improvisations. Sure, it's important to keep the same laughing effect for an English speaking audience, but don't get too far from the original.

I read your post a couple of times, but the link is nowhere to be seen. Are the subtitles in progress? If they're completed, feel free to edit your post when you can (in case you just forgot to paste the links by accident :P )





Take care


Added the link now!

Apologies, the video was uploading as i typed up this port and i seem to have forgotten to link it lol!

Re: *SUBBED* Murakami shoji's Pilot class.

Posted: 16.01.2015, 12:35
by gesichtspalme
Always great to see a new subber. Don't worry too much about not being on "pro" level with your first sub ever ;)
I'll totally watch that once I'm done with today's wintersports coverage.

Re: *SUBBED* Murakami shoji's Pilot class.

Posted: 16.01.2015, 17:01
by atreyu_tiger
Well, it was another great non-sense Murakami episode. I really loved the story he makes up for Yamazaki out of nowhere. Sure there was those sentences towards the end, but quite enjoyable.

According to Murakami-san and as far as I could understand, the air hostesses come from Phnom Pehn, the capital of Cambodia.

;)

Re: *SUBBED* Murakami shoji's Pilot class.

Posted: 17.01.2015, 02:20
by Zinger
Much appreciated, great job!

Re: *SUBBED* Murakami shoji's Pilot class.

Posted: 18.01.2015, 03:01
by ratmangaki
AWESOME!!! Thanks so much, I love this series - great to see another one subbed!

Re: *SUBBED* Murakami shoji's Pilot class.

Posted: 12.07.2015, 02:15
by nonums
Hi I needed a .srt of this, so here's one for anyone else that might need one.
I had to make it from scratch, so expect a few changes. But, it's still basically the same.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 6604736323