Here is Mrs. Aya Yamasaki's quiz answers.
Matsumoto officially calls her an idiot after question 5. Needless to say, they have a field day with her answers. I was confused when she answered because I thought I translated the question wrong given her answer. But after the casts reaction, I knew she didn't understand it correctly.
1. Aya's hobbies?
2. Maiden name?
5. Favorite book genre?
11. If Aya were to go somewhere aimlessly by herself, where would she go?
21. Who would Aya bring to a deserted island?
- Papa (Nickname for Yamasaki)
29. Aya's favorite gag?
- I-to- makimaki (She's referring to Yamasaki's own version of what is originally a children's song (though no one laughs))You can watch an example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkEjKxFgD70&feature=related
47. Aya's favorite proverb?
-Isseki Nichou (Killing two birds with one stone)
56. Aya uses what English word often?
59. The first four character Kanji idiom that would pop into Aya's head?
- kokugo jiten (This is not an idiom but rather a four kanji word meaning "Japanese-language dictionary. A good example of what an answer should be would be her answer from number 47.) After hearing this answer, they want to withdrawl!
105. If Aya were to put together a band, what part would she to do?
136. What would her favorite snack she'd want to eat with her family ?
173. What would Aya think of if she thought of an American enterprise?
- President (They answered with company names like "Apple") Matsumoto wants to quit again.
192. Aya can't miss this television show every week?
- The weather report
196. Which (song) from Boom(band) does she remember best?
200. Among the American states, which one does she like the sound of?
209. What type of work would Aya want to try related to government affairs?
238. What natural diaster is Aya most afraid of?
- Papa (Yamasaki) (Let me explain this one. She thought they meant "tensai" as in "genius" rather than "tensai" as in "natural diaster." "Tensai" can also mean "reprinting" among other things but all of these are pronounced the same.)The cast tries to coerce the show to let her answer again more informatively but they just continue.
327. What do consider the most charasmatic celebrity?
346. What do you consider the most important news that happened with Yamasaki's family this year?
- One of their daughters falling off their bike
383. Of the numerous American names, which name pops into your head?
429. What do you think the first thing we should do in order to stop global warming?
- Decrease the amount of trash we have. (The cast is speechless)
470. Of the 4 members, who do you consider most dirty/impure?
- Tanaka (unaminous vote and she answers without hesitation)
494. Which intellectual person would you currently want to meet most?
500. Aya likes this political party the best?
- The one in power. (They all answered the "Democratic Party (of Japan)")
Tanaka wins a drawing from one of their daughters.