End of hey ! Hey ! Hey !

From Tokyohive :

[i:2rj9z710]Fuji TV announced that popular music program “HEY! HEY! HEY!”, which is hosted by comedic duo Downtown, will be having its final show by the end of this year.

The program first aired in October 1994 and has had an average rating of 13.9% since then. During those 18 years, the show has gained popularity and has accomplished its goal as a long-running program. Fuji TV will be reorganizing their programs in October and plans to finish the show by the end of the year. The final episode date and future program are currently being discussed.

HEY! HEY! HEY!’s highest rating was on June 21, 1999 with 28.5%, but it has taken a fall in ratings as of late. On August 20, it had a rating of 7.2%, but Maeda Atsuko’s live AKB48 graduation performance on August 27, brought the ratings up to 14.7%.

[/i:2rj9z710]
I’m so sad :(

To be honest, it wasn’t as good as it used to be. I got sick of the new panel set up real quick.
But still

I can’t even write what I’m feeling now but this make me really upset… this program is being aired has so long I just can’t believe they will end up with everything like that, I’m going to miss it a lot… I’m worried about Matsumoto I’m sure he’s pissed and sad with that… :(

Awww, I’m gonna miss it, it had some great moments! :S

The fact that they had their show last for 18 years is really impressive. Although there are other talk shows where entertainers can appear on, nothing beats what Hey! Hey! Hey! brought to the table. Actually it was this show that got me hooked on to a few J-pop artists.

Not that sad about this, the program lost its spark.

They had a great run. Definitely gonna miss it.

[quote="CakeDesu":8dym3dag]I can’t even write what I’m feeling now but this make me really upset… this program is being aired has so long I just can’t believe they will end up with everything like that, I’m going to miss it a lot… I’m worried about Matsumoto I’m sure he’s pissed and sad with that… :([/quote:8dym3dag]

I don’t think Matsumoto will be upset about it. He’s always trying to do something new and after all, the show run for 18 years. After 18 years it’s okay to leave a show as it is. Ergo he’s going to have more time. Hence we’re going to see new stuff, which is also good for the viewership. (If it were me, I’d also like to do something new, 18 years is not something to be made fun of :P)

Well, now it will be interesting to see if at all what other programing the duo will have in store ;)

hey hey hey music champ has always been one of my favourite programs to watch, but our downtown hosts are getting older, new singers and bands emerging and even kpop singers and bands are appearing on music champ, it’s just not the same anymore.

i only wished they’d sell the series on dvd because i would definitely collect the whole 745 episodes no matter the cost because it’s just that good.

well it’s been a good run, and looking back on how much things have changed, it’s time to close the curtains.

thank you for 18 years downtown, staff and producers, it’s been a pleasure watching hey hey hey music champ.

Hopefully there will be a new Downtown show then.