Lincoln - 003 - 05.11.01 - Friendly Downtown w/ Iwao Nozomu

Here’s the first ever Friendly Downtown, this time with Iwao Nozomu. And it’s not pretty. Enjoy.

[url:21rcmwtn]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N7HOE8VN[/url:21rcmwtn]

Oh, the very first Friendly Downtown is with Football Hour’s Iwao Nozomu.

Thank you very much TehSiggy!

thank you!

No prob.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjYwNTUxOTQw.html

here on youtube:

[video:2fpz86de]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-2R6Qe6uPA[/video:2fpz86de]

[quote="||—PEGO—||":1l0ug4j7]here on youtube:

[video:1l0ug4j7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-2R6Qe6uPA[/video:1l0ug4j7][/quote:1l0ug4j7]

Is there any sub for this somewhere? Or could you please explain to me what it is that Iwao is not allowed to say or else he gets slapped? For some reason I get the feeling that he talks very rude to Matsumoto all the time. Is it something like that if he talks "like he should" to his sepai, he gets slapped?

[quote="Sefidum":28b4zeug]
Is there any sub for this somewhere? Or could you please explain to me what it is that Iwao is not allowed to say or else he gets slapped? For some reason I get the feeling that he talks very rude to Matsumoto all the time. Is it something like that if he talks "like he should" to his sepai, he gets slapped?[/quote:28b4zeug]

well, he gets slapped every time he uses non-formal japanese you usually use when among close friends, and should not use while among superiors and seniors . As you might have noticed, most of the time he gets slapped for using the non-formal sentence finisher. and he also gets slapped when he calls or refers to matsumoto/hamada using non-formal japanese.

same thing for all friendly downtown episodes… its kind of the irony of the "friendly downtown" series, because they are supposed to show friendliness not impose their guest to use formal words.

Really? I thought they did get slapped when they used formal speech >.>

[quote="Yakarin":2q65ivuq]Really? I thought they did get slapped when they used formal speech >.>[/quote:2q65ivuq]

Same here, I am confused. Iwao gets slapped when he calles Matsumoto for Matsumoto-san and makes serious efforts to call Hamada "Hamada-SAN" and calles Matsumoto without the San without getting slapped several times. Is it not so that they are supposed to be "friendly" and thus wants their guests to talk to one of them in an non-formal way? The guests choose one of either Hamada or Matsumoto to use taguchi with (or whatever it is called) and the other will be the punisher. Or have I understood it entirely wrong?

[quote="Sefidum":r152uef2][quote="Yakarin":r152uef2]Really? I thought they did get slapped when they used formal speech >.>[/quote:r152uef2]

Same here, I am confused. Iwao gets slapped when he calles Matsumoto for Matsumoto-san and makes serious efforts to call Hamada "Hamada-SAN" and calles Matsumoto without the San without getting slapped several times. Is it not so that they are supposed to be "friendly" and thus wants their guests to talk to one of them in an non-formal way? The guests choose one of either Hamada or Matsumoto to use taguchi with (or whatever it is called) and the other will be the punisher. Or have I understood it entirely wrong?[/quote:r152uef2]

Yeah, that’s what I think it is like, because in friendly Downtown with Yoiko, both of them, choose to talk friendly with both Donwtown’s, thus, they only got hit when they used formal speech with any of them.

[quote="Yakarin":26fwtl26][quote="Sefidum":26fwtl26][quote="Yakarin":26fwtl26]Really? I thought they did get slapped when they used formal speech >.>[/quote:26fwtl26]

Same here, I am confused. Iwao gets slapped when he calles Matsumoto for Matsumoto-san and makes serious efforts to call Hamada "Hamada-SAN" and calles Matsumoto without the San without getting slapped several times. Is it not so that they are supposed to be "friendly" and thus wants their guests to talk to one of them in an non-formal way? The guests choose one of either Hamada or Matsumoto to use taguchi with (or whatever it is called) and the other will be the punisher. Or have I understood it entirely wrong?[/quote:26fwtl26]

Yeah, that’s what I think it is like, because in friendly Downtown with Yoiko, both of them, choose to talk friendly with both Donwtown’s, thus, they only got hit when they used formal speech with any of them.[/quote:26fwtl26]

LOL I got it totaly wrong ! i understood it the opposite way :P :D

yea you’re right sepfidum, the guest chooses tameguchi and gets a slap for using formal speech. I just re watched the beginning of the clip, Hamada explains it very well when they are still in the beach, its in the first minutes of the youtube link I posted.

he only got slapped when he said : "hai", " masu" , "mashite" , "desu" or even "nandeyanen" or "-san" and more

Lol basically the rules are: the younger geinin has to choose one of the Downtown to become friends with for the day, and must not treat him as a senpai. Sometimes the younger geinin gets so confused he ends up speaking formally to the "friend" and uses non-formal speech with the other. I find it hilarious when this happens.