Sports Challenge #4 - Baseball

http://dtr-subs.tumblr.com/post/1201715 … 4-baseball

Thanks DTRSubs, the missing parts to this series have been in high demand for a long time. :)

Bumping for more subs on this series!!!

Probably my favorite moment:
[hide:2p362b49][img:2p362b49]http://i.imgur.com/L3eDbOU.gif[/img:2p362b49][/hide:2p362b49]

There is a slight difference between the original RAW and the subbed version to do with Ichiros footage not being shown in subbed version… was that due to copyright issues???

This was awesome :rofl:

Btw this forum should be really reworked on how it shows recent subs. I nearly missed this one because it was overwritten by other discussion on "newest posts" and it didn’t show up anywhere else.

Just got it because my gf told me to watch it when it was already off the radar.

[quote="gesichtspalme":26guhwrw]Btw this forum should be really reworked on how it shows recent subs. I nearly missed this one because it was overwritten by other discussion on "newest posts" and it didn’t show up anywhere else.[/quote:26guhwrw]

Yeah it’d be cool if there was some kind of link on the home page to list all threads tagged with the orange "Subbed" label.

Gesichtspalme: I’ll try not to sound snarky, but instead of looking at the list of the last 5 posts, scroll down the main page to the Subtitles section. Pick the language you want and check out the subfora of Completed or In Progress there.

[quote="gesichtspalme":l5tq9hc2]
Btw this forum should be really reworked on how it shows recent subs. I nearly missed this one because it was overwritten by other discussion on "newest posts" and it didn’t show up anywhere else.[/quote:l5tq9hc2]
Kinda agree. This post goes in the "Matsumoto Challenges" section because, well, it’s one of the Matsumoto Challenges, but besides looking at "the side-wide 5 latest posts," even if you go to the "Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!!" forum, you might not see it there since that’s for posts that don’t fit in any of the Gaki sub-categories. And the sub-categories are relatively going to have much fewer new posts simply because each sub-category has a limited number of episodes out there, and there are a lot of sub-categories, so of course no one’s going to check each sub-category. So the only way to catch a post like this is to look for "bump" moments when it gets listed as one of the 5 latest commented site-wide posts or the latest commented post in the "Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!!" forum.

[quote="bennyhaha":3qbrs81v]Bumping for more subs on this series!!![/quote:3qbrs81v]
You already know. :)

[quote="CutterTML":hhat85fj]There is a slight difference between the original RAW and the subbed version to do with Ichiros footage not being shown in subbed version… was that due to copyright issues???[/quote:hhat85fj]

We used the DVD version, which yes, I assume due to copyright reasons, doesn’t include that video footage. The originally aired TV version does include that video footage, but usually the DVD version has higher resolution, so we use that.

Check out the sub for the skateboarding challenge here: http://dtr-subs.tumblr.com/post/1037456 … skateboard where I bothered to insert the scenes that were cut out from the DVD raw so that a joke that was in those scenes wouldn’t be missed. :)

[quote="Ibaraki Dave":3h6co1rh]Gesichtspalme: I’ll try not to sound snarky, but instead of looking at the list of the last 5 posts, scroll down the main page to the Subtitles section. Pick the language you want and check out the subfora of Completed or In Progress there.[/quote:3h6co1rh]

The "Subtitles" sections generally seem to be used for subtitle files only so people tend to post new subbed videos to the "Video" sections, including not only the subtitle file but also the raw video or hardsub video. Also since the entire forum is primarily English there haven’t been many new posts limited to "English Completed Subtitles" since 2011.

Stuff from "In Progress" once completed typically gets posted to "Videos" e.g. the last In Progress thread there from 2014 (Famicom Challenge) was posted to "Videos ‹ Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!!" This is in "Videos ‹ Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!! ‹ Matsumoto Challenges"

One way to find new subbed videos is to go into Advanced Search and specify:
Keywords: subbed (or eng sub)
Search within: Videos
Display results as: Topics

[quote="typesoshee":3h6co1rh]And the sub-categories are relatively going to have much fewer new posts simply because each sub-category has a limited number of episodes out there, and there are a lot of sub-categories, so of course no one’s going to check each sub-category.[/quote:3h6co1rh]

Yeah that’s true, not many people will mind if you just post new subs to the general Gaki Videos section in future, some might be more likely to check there since it’s also where new weekly episodes get posted and a lot of other subs.