Fuun Takeshi Jo request

Need help about/finding a video? Title of an episode? Name of a cast? Got a question about any GnT episodes? Post your inquiries here!
194 posts
ErnieYoung wrote:
akenology wrote:
Hello, may I know where can I find the decryption key?

If you look for it, it is found.

Oh, I found it! My bad. Thank you so much for the uploads!
Thanks for capping & sharing this show with us all. Here's hoping they will replay the shows that are still missing. Regardless, this is an amazing collection of the majority of the series in its original form. BRAVO~!
Takeshi's Castle 1988.05.27
風雲! たけし城 #92
https://mega.nz/file/eZkVBZiK
Takeshi's Castle 1988-05-27.zip
Takeshi's Castle 1988.06.03
風雲! たけし城 #93
https://mega.nz/file/zZsxHC6K
Takeshi's Castle 1988-06-03.zip
Takeshi's Castle 1988.06.10
風雲! たけし城 #94
https://mega.nz/file/qNt3HRAJ
Takeshi's Castle 1988-06-10.zip
Takeshi's Castle 1988.06.17
風雲! たけし城 #95
https://mega.nz/file/mEEAkQzL
Takeshi's Castle 1988-06-17.zip
@ErnieYoung Thank you for your hard work. I just found out there's this massive work in progress and I was wondering a few things.

First of all, why are some episodes missing? Did you miss them when they were aired, or did TBS stop broadcasting them? If so, do you know why?

Second, I noticed that the new episodes are in HD. Do you plan to re-record also the first ones if they will be re-broadcasted? If so, can I suggest you to share the TS file via torrent? I'm sure that it will have a very good reception on nyaa, and it would be the definitive master, since we don't have any home video release for this awesome show.

Thanks again for your commitment. :D
I don't know why some episodes are missing.
I'll continue to do my best.
ErnieYoung wrote:
I don't know why the episodes are missing.
I'll continue to do my best.

Thank you very much
Rapper_skull wrote:
@ErnieYoung Thank you for your hard work. I just found out there's this massive work in progress and I was wondering a few things.

First of all, why are some episodes missing? Did you miss them when they were aired, or did TBS stop broadcasting them? If so, do you know why?

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it's really complicated. I actually have mentioned it before in this thread.

First things first, TBS doesn't re-air the following episodes at all (these episodes are the regular non-special episodes between episode 1 and episode 127):
Episode 7: Ultraman is in this episode in place of Hayato Tani. The Ultraman rights are very complicated and disputed in Japan, so TBS just avoids any legal problems and chooses to not air this episode.
Episode 11: Pretty much the same reason as Episode 7, except he's not replacing Tani. This was a children's special, and Ultraman was there for moral support.
Episode 70: This one is a mystery. I think the conclusion is that there is some footage from another TV show that's featured in one of the host segments that TBS doesn't own the rights to.

Now, the confusing part. Episode 17 was the show's first special episode, in which Takeshi and his Gundan try to recapture his castle from Tani. At some point in time, TBS decided to retroactively remove the episode number from this episode, so all of the episodes from 18-27 became 17-26.

Episode 28 was the show's first end of year special. TBS also removed its episode number, and all of the episodes between 29-40 became 27-38.

Episode 41 was a special episode, but TBS hasn't rebroadcast this episode on TBS Channel 1 nor TBS Channel 2. Thus, it seems that episodes 39, 40, and 41 are missing, but only 41 has never been reaired (the other two specials have been, though not in a long time.) The episode numbers return to normal from 42 onwards.

As far as other episodes that haven't been reaired, the two part final (episodes 128 and 129) haven't been reaired on TBS Channel 1 nor TBS Channel 2, nor have episodes 106, 130, 131, 132, and 133.

In short, the episode numbering is a mess.
Takeshi's Castle 1988.06.24
風雲! たけし城 #96
https://mega.nz/file/2dcEXCoL
Takeshi's Castle 1988-06-24.zip
latedep31 wrote:
Rapper_skull wrote:

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it's really complicated. I actually have mentioned it before in this thread.

First things first, TBS doesn't re-air the following episodes at all (these episodes are the regular non-special episodes between episode 1 and episode 127):
Episode 7: Ultraman is in this episode in place of Hayato Tani. The Ultraman rights are very complicated and disputed in Japan, so TBS just avoids any legal problems and chooses to not air this episode.
Episode 11: Pretty much the same reason as Episode 7, except he's not replacing Tani. This was a children's special, and Ultraman was there for moral support.
Episode 70: This one is a mystery. I think the conclusion is that there is some footage from another TV show that's featured in one of the host segments that TBS doesn't own the rights to.

Now, the confusing part. Episode 17 was the show's first special episode, in which Takeshi and his Gundan try to recapture his castle from Tani. At some point in time, TBS decided to retroactively remove the episode number from this episode, so all of the episodes from 18-27 became 17-26.

Episode 28 was the show's first end of year special. TBS also removed its episode number, and all of the episodes between 29-40 became 27-38.

Episode 41 was a special episode, but TBS hasn't rebroadcast this episode on TBS Channel 1 nor TBS Channel 2. Thus, it seems that episodes 39, 40, and 41 are missing, but only 41 has never been reaired (the other two specials have been, though not in a long time.) The episode numbers return to normal from 42 onwards.

As far as other episodes that haven't been reaired, the two part final (episodes 128 and 129) haven't been reaired on TBS Channel 1 nor TBS Channel 2, nor have episodes 106, 130, 131, 132, and 133.

In short, the episode numbering is a mess.

Thank you very much. I couldn't find this info anywhere on the Internet.
Yeah, it's a mess. TBS officially lists "129 episodes" when there's actually 133. Along with episodes 17 and 28, episodes 130, 131, and 133 also have no episode numbers according to the booklet that came with the second volume of the Japanese DVD release. Episode 132 (a clip show) isn't even listed. A true lost episode if there ever was one.

TBS doesn't re-air the New Years Specials (28, 73, 116) except on an incredibly rare basis. If anyone here would know how to find a copy of (any one of) them, that would be amazing. But, I'm sure the only way they would be found is from a VHS recording, or from an old TBS Channel rebroadcast.
Takeshi's Castle 1988.07.01
風雲! たけし城 #97
https://mega.nz/file/KBUgSQoB
Takeshi's Castle 1988-07-01.zip
194 posts