>Translator< for Teacher-Batsu needed!

[img:26nvd23l]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PrCcwnsObno/UOWwW4JjjnI/AAAAAAAAA6c/G_K7Tm4VE90/s1600/Header.png[/img:26nvd23l]
Hello Forum members!

I want to make you all aware that there is a subbing team in the make that will sub the new year batsu: enthusiastic teachers!
The[b:26nvd23l] forumpost[/b:26nvd23l] where updates will be posted: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4417#wrap
The[b:26nvd23l] bloggspot [/b:26nvd23l]for regulary updates, videos and announcements: http://gntteam.blogspot.com/

We already have 4 members with us, but we are still looking for more people with skills to strengthen our team!

[b:26nvd23l]We are looking for:[/b:26nvd23l]
[i:26nvd23l]Currently nobody for the time being. (Edited by JordansOcarina) [/i:26nvd23l]

[b:26nvd23l]What will you get?[/b:26nvd23l]
Your name will be mentioned in the subbing files, so everyone who watches the batsu will see your name!
YOU WILL BE FAMOUS FOR EVER! :devil:

[b:26nvd23l]Who the contact?[/b:26nvd23l]
ShadiHD - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=168

Al4bandi put up a couple of good questions that deserve answering:
[b:26nvd23l]1. When will it be ready?[/b:26nvd23l]
[b:26nvd23l]2. How long do you need?[/b:26nvd23l]
[b:26nvd23l]4. -> 3 -> how much time do you need for the subbing session?[/b:26nvd23l]
We will be working in 3 teams, if you we find enough people.
I guess around 2/3 months from now, if everything works out right!
[b:26nvd23l]3. Will you do 15minute parts, 30 minute parts, 1h parts or sub the whole god damn thing in one session.[/b:26nvd23l]
How about 30minuts segements? I enjoyed the 30min segments last year more than the 10min segments, and it also gives you guys something to watch once a couple of weeks!
[b:26nvd23l]5. Will you sub every day?[/b:26nvd23l]
That depends on each person, there personal lives etc. I personally can sub arround 30min a day.
[b:26nvd23l]6. Do you take donations, to speed up your lazy working pace?[/b:26nvd23l]
At this time no.
Until we will, donate to the site!
[b:26nvd23l]7. You sure Chono is showing up? Srsly?[/b:26nvd23l]
I haven’t watched the full show, so I SRSLY don’t know yet, haha.
[b:26nvd23l]8. Is there a possibility that the subs are finished before the weekend?[/b:26nvd23l]
Nope, we are still looking for new members and making preparations.
[b:26nvd23l]9. Are there gonna be SD/HD subs?[/b:26nvd23l]
We will most likely use the .flv version that is almost 720p!
[b:26nvd23l]10. placeholder question (like that number ten, ya know)[/b:26nvd23l]
Placeholder answer.
[b:26nvd23l]11. Is the Obaa-san really such a horny gal or rather such an excellent actress?[/b:26nvd23l]
Which Granny doesn’t like to kiss 20/30 year younger guys hahaha?

Have fun and happy new year!

Hey, really nice initiative :)! Thumbs up

So… I’ll do the usual questions, so that the others don’t have to do it :emo:

1. When will it be ready?
  2. How long do you need?
  3. Will you do 15minute parts, 30 minute parts, 1h parts or sub the whole god damn thing in one session.
  4. -> 3 -> how much time do you need for the subbing session?
  5. Will you sub every day?
  6. Do you take donations, to speed up your lazy working pace?
  7. You sure Chouno is showing up? Srsly?
  8. Is there a possibility that the subs are finished before the weekend?
  9. Are there gonna be SD/HD subs?
  10. placeholder question (like that number ten, ya know)
  11. Is the Obaa-san really such a horny gal or rather such an excellent actress?

That’s it for now, if more stupid questions get into my mind, that get repeatedly asked, i’ll broden my "FAQ" :)
Anyhow, thanks for taking up the project and bestowing some Gaki love upon us :D!

It’s already looking great, love the logo and nice blog. Very handy. Hope others will be able to join the team and lighten the load for you all. Wish I could help but really appreciate what you do for us lowly unskilled folks. :)

Perhaps Chono is in it again this year, and perhaps Yami-chan did look like a back end of a horses backside, and perhaps he looked like the one eyed magician from Big Trouble Little China when he was slapped.

Who knows :P

[quote="soudou":2fnt0hdn]It’s already looking great, love the logo and nice blog. Very handy. Hope others will be able to join the team and lighten the load for you all. Wish I could help but really appreciate what you do for us lowly unskilled folks. :)[/quote:2fnt0hdn]

Thanks Soudou! I really appreciate your kind words! And, I myself aint that skilled either. Learning to sub it’s much hard than learning to use photoshop! :D

So, finished. It was nice and funny. It will be more funny when i completely understand it with the subtitles :)

There were really some beautiful and memorable moments! :D

It isn’t really difficult to sub[quote="Slayeer":31jic52n][quote="soudou":31jic52n]It’s already looking great, love the logo and nice blog. Very handy. Hope others will be able to join the team and lighten the load for you all. Wish I could help but really appreciate what you do for us lowly unskilled folks. :)[/quote:31jic52n]

Thanks Soudou! I really appreciate your kind words! And, I myself aint that skilled either. Learning to sub it’s much hard than learning to use photoshop! :D[/quote:31jic52n]

It isn’t really THAT difficult to sub. It’s just… you know, a tedious job. Typesetting is quite fun, but on the other hand - timing/translating - is an immensely pain in the arse.

since im bored n my work with other fansub got no project,

I can join you guys but i only do [b:2wykgl5n]typesetter[/b:2wykgl5n].

Btw, any news progress can just message or direct email on my blog [url:2wykgl5n]http://www.killerxv2.co.nr[/url:2wykgl5n]
(seriously, i rarely visit here, XD)

Do you guys still need a typesetter?

nope we’re good enough, we still need 1 more translator though

I have not been to this website for quite a long time! So, I was wondering, why Zurui or Mr. Shibata not subbing this one? BTW, nice to see you in action again Shadi ;)

My regards to everyone in Subbing team :bow:

thanks! I honestly don’t know why they didn’t decide to do it, but it’s alright we’re here and we’ll finish it =]

How much translating work would there be to do…?

a lot

2/3moths to get the full subs?

yup that’s the expected schedule ;)

I made this suggestion too late last year, but wanted to throw it out there again just incase it was missed.

Have you considered just releasing an updated .ass or .srt file every update instead of creating new 10 or 30 min hardsubbed video files each time? I just assume this would make things easier on the end of the translators/setters, both with timing and uploading the files, and for us viewers we most likely already are downloading the full video anyway.

Just wanted to be sure this was considered incase it might be a time saver. Thanks again for the work you guys are putting into this for the enjoyment of others.

you know, you have a point there, but honestly it wouldn’t make THAT much of a difference, why you may ask? well because if we kept uploading the updated subs every few weeks or so, you’ll still have to wait for next update and so on, it’s the subbing\timing that takes time my friend, not the actual video uploading process

[quote="ShadiHD":2st3gz2n]a lot[/quote:2st3gz2n]

lol. Yeah, no doubt.

I mean like how many min/hours on average for each person?
If you have an idea.

– 05.01.2013, 14:28 –

[quote="ShadiHD":2st3gz2n]you know, you have a point there, but honestly it wouldn’t make THAT much of a difference, why you may ask? well because if we kept uploading the updated subs every few weeks or so, you’ll still have to wait for next update and so on, it’s the subbing\timing that takes time my friend, not the actual video uploading process[/quote:2st3gz2n]

I’d say some people don’t have great internet, or not much quota etc.
Although I don’t really know how big the past videos have been. So not really sure.

[quote="ShadiHD":1l8exzcu]you know, you have a point there, but honestly it wouldn’t make THAT much of a difference, why you may ask? well because if we kept uploading the updated subs every few weeks or so, you’ll still have to wait for next update and so on, it’s the subbing\timing that takes time my friend, not the actual video uploading process[/quote:1l8exzcu]

People can just use the raw (if there’s a specific version it is timed for) and load their sub files into MPC/VLC, instead of having to redownload the video.
Of course not everybody already has raws, but judging by the torrent seeds you get for the ad-free 1080i version on d-addicts, there’s already many people with them.
I think the reason why subbers don’t like soft subs is simply because other people can easily "steal" their work and sell it as their own, even if not every subber likes to admit it. =P
However, of course I can understand the disappointment if that happens.

I haven’t kept up with all the subbing-related threads and posts, but has it already been decided which raw will be used for the subs ?