>Translator< for Teacher-Batsu needed!

Aka the trash bin
36 posts Page 2 of 3
yup that's the expected schedule ;)
I made this suggestion too late last year, but wanted to throw it out there again just incase it was missed.

Have you considered just releasing an updated .ass or .srt file every update instead of creating new 10 or 30 min hardsubbed video files each time? I just assume this would make things easier on the end of the translators/setters, both with timing and uploading the files, and for us viewers we most likely already are downloading the full video anyway.

Just wanted to be sure this was considered incase it might be a time saver. Thanks again for the work you guys are putting into this for the enjoyment of others.
you know, you have a point there, but honestly it wouldn't make THAT much of a difference, why you may ask? well because if we kept uploading the updated subs every few weeks or so, you'll still have to wait for next update and so on, it's the subbing\timing that takes time my friend, not the actual video uploading process
ShadiHD wrote:
a lot

lol. Yeah, no doubt.

I mean like how many min/hours on average for each person?
If you have an idea.

-- 05.01.2013, 14:28 --

ShadiHD wrote:
you know, you have a point there, but honestly it wouldn't make THAT much of a difference, why you may ask? well because if we kept uploading the updated subs every few weeks or so, you'll still have to wait for next update and so on, it's the subbing\timing that takes time my friend, not the actual video uploading process

I'd say some people don't have great internet, or not much quota etc.
Although I don't really know how big the past videos have been. So not really sure.
Che, Che,Che, Check it out! http://jburogu-godzillaradio.blogspot.com/
ShadiHD wrote:

People can just use the raw (if there's a specific version it is timed for) and load their sub files into MPC/VLC, instead of having to redownload the video.
Of course not everybody already has raws, but judging by the torrent seeds you get for the ad-free 1080i version on d-addicts, there's already many people with them.
I think the reason why subbers don't like soft subs is simply because other people can easily "steal" their work and sell it as their own, even if not every subber likes to admit it. =P
However, of course I can understand the disappointment if that happens.

I haven't kept up with all the subbing-related threads and posts, but has it already been decided which raw will be used for the subs ?
yes you're right, we'll be quite pissed if someone stole our subs and made them their own, they can edit or do whatever they want as long as they give CREDIT to the original subbers, as for the which version, we decided to use the 1080i version
noomeek wrote:
I have not been to this website for quite a long time! So, I was wondering, why Zurui or Mr. Shibata not subbing this one? BTW, nice to see you in action again Shadi ;)

My regards to everyone in Subbing team :bow:

SibataBread posted this a few weeks ago on his facebook:

I feel very flattered to be often asked if I'm subbing the latest Batsu Game. And I'm sorry to say that I'm not subbing it. I just don't have enough spare time to work on it and get it done in a timely fashion.

As many of you know, I have recently got a new job and it's keeping me very busy (not complaining, it's something I love to do) and I have pretty much abandoned what used to be my hobby (shibatabread.com genkiradio.com and etc) for most of 2012.

I wish to be more active on my subbing in 2013, but I shall see.

Thank you all for your support.
Shadi wrote:
yes you're right, we'll be quite pissed if someone stole our subs and made them their own

Does this mean you will not be releasing an .ass file at the end after the subbing is complete?
Hi,

I happened to catch this show for the first time over new years. I did a search for where I could find some older episodes and found this site.

Anyway I'm willing to help out as a translator. I would say I understood about 95% of the show when I watched it, obviously translating's another thing and I'm new to this whole fan subbing thing but I think I'm up for the task.

Feel free to send me a message with any questions/details.
i really want to do it but i just dont know japanese enough...
still thanks to all the translator that are helping sub all the batsu games
i am totally free to do translations. i am half japanese, half english. I haven't got knowledge of how to put subtitles on videos though so need help with that but i can translate as i speak fluently.

i could devote a good few hours a day translating. if you're interested, please contact me on here or djmixta@hotmail.com

-- 06.01.2013, 12:43 --

i can translate. im half japanese/half english and am willing to put in a good few hours a day as i don't do much at the moment. can't put the subtitles on videos though as i am not great with that kind of technology. i understand 98%-100% of the stuff.
"Dear Fans and followers,

Firstly we have good news: the first part (30 mins) is almost done! The translations are ready and we only have to finish the typesetting before we can release it."

Many thanks guys. Can't wait for the whole segment :@
I can start translating right now if someone tells me where to start from and how they want me to send the translations off to them?...
It's great that you made a Facebook page so that people can get latest info from them and stop harassing you, guys! :D
Question: since the subbers team is form,, will you sub the "Unseen Footage" too? will the team stop after this batsu game finished? or become weekly subbers of new episodes or Gaki? or any other unsubbed Gaki show?

And Thanks A lot for the subs,, we're nothing without you :)
36 posts Page 2 of 3