Batsu 2013/2014 Preparations - Recruiting Part Time Members

Hey, everyone!

It’s almost that time of year again! As New Year’s approaches, it’s time to make some early preparations. You know the drill!

Team Gaki is currently enlisting volunteers to subtitle the 2013/2014 batsu game, but before I discuss pre-requisites, I have an important announcement regarding memberships:

[b:30n579al]There are now two types of memberships:[/b:30n579al]

[color=#FF0000:30n579al][size=150:30n579al][b:30n579al]1.)[/b:30n579al]Full-time Membership[/size:30n579al]:[/color:30n579al]
[i:30n579al]* Full-time members are expected to volunteer after the batsu game has been completed.[/i:30n579al]

[color=#FF0000:30n579al][size=150:30n579al][b:30n579al]2.)[/b:30n579al]Limited Membership:[/size:30n579al]:[/color:30n579al]
[i:30n579al]* Limited members still enjoy all the benefits of a full-time member, but are expected only to volunteer for the duration of the batsu game. Once the batsu is complete, whether or not a limited member will continue to volunteer is entirely their decision. If a limited member decides to resign after the batsu is complete, they will be placed in the alumni section of the website.

[b:30n579al][size=150:30n579al]Positions Available:[/size:30n579al][/b:30n579al]

[b:30n579al]Typesetting / Timing[/b:30n579al] (2+):
[i]* A typesetter/timer’s is to create, properly time, style, and strategically place subtitles. Pre-requisite knowledge on how to use Aegisub is recommended, but certainly not required. Team Gaki can teach you how to use Aegisub. [/i:30n579al]

[b:30n579al]Translating[/b:30n579al] (3+):
[i:30n579al]* A translator’s job is to translate Japanese vocals, as well as Japanese captions/text. It is recommended that translators have sufficient knowledge of Japanese culture
in order to help viewers understand the context of some jokes, but it is not required.[/i:30n579al]

[size=150:30n579al]Requirements:[/size:30n579al]

• [b:30n579al]A Skype, Gaki-no-tsukai.com, Dropbox, and TeamGaki account.[/b:30n579al]
  • A minimum time of 3 hours of your time each week to WORK. While it may seem like a long time, batsu games are massive projects. Parts will be given in 10 minute intervals that usually take ~1 hour.
  • A minimum time of 10 minutes of you time each day to check up on updates in our group discussion and to show your progress/face (This is a huge requirement because this keeps the subtitling process flowing much more efficiently.)
  • Positive attitude towards others. This keeps others motivated.
  • Not afraid to give constructive criticism. If something doesn’t live up to Shibata’s or Team Gaki’s standards, don’t be afraid to say so.
  • Charismatic, as well as dedicated members.

[b:30n579al][size=150:30n579al]What We Will Offer You:[/size:30n579al]
[/b:30n579al][i:30n579al]If you prove to be an good addition to our team:[/i:30n579al]

• We will mention your name on the blog, in the subtitles and on our facebook page.
  • The opportunity to be discovered in the Gaki no Tsukai Subbing Community.
  • There is the option to add a link to a personal page. (i.e. Mickstar did this with his twitter account).
  • The possibility to let your opinion be heard within our team and take an active role in the future plans of the team. [u:30n579al](Full-time members only!)[/u:30n579al]
  • A “@TeamGaki.com” e-mail address.

[u:30n579al][b:30n579al]Although the requirements seem strict, if you have a personal conflict and check-in with a team leader about this conflict, it is always excused. Team Gaki always puts personal lives above subtitling.[/b:30n579al][/u:30n579al]

[b:30n579al][size=150:30n579al]If you have any questions about Team Gaki, please ask![/size:30n579al][/b:30n579al]

[b:30n579al][size=200:30n579al]Applications start November 1st![/size:30n579al][/b:30n579al]

Jordan and the Team.

Giving this a bump. Best of luck with the upcoming recruiting process. It’s great that Team Gaki will be up for subbing another year and that planning is being started this far ahead. Look forward to any future news. :)

Hello,

I don’t mind throwing my name in the hat as a timer. I am new but I am bolstering my ability. I have done some videos already and before the batsu game is ready to be subbed I will have done more and hopefully improved. You can contact me for my skype info and then judge if I will be a good fit. Thanks. :bow: ^_^

[quote="DesertStarr":2khj8gxf]Hello,

I don’t mind throwing my name in the hat as a timer. I am new but I am bolstering my ability. I have done some videos already and before the batsu game is ready to be subbed I will have done more and hopefully improved. You can contact me for my skype info and then judge if I will be a good fit. Thanks. :bow: ^_^[/quote:2khj8gxf]

Thanks! I’ll have a group leader contact you!

Hello,

I did a lot of Timing/Typesetting years ago. We subbed Morning Musume PV’s and than the weekly show Hello Morning, also did some Utaban’s/Movies and wherever the girls from MM were at the time. I used ZombieSub, Aegisub looks so MUCH easier to get a long xD.
If you still need a Timer/Typesetter let me know via a msg or via email. Love the show and don’t mind to sacrifice some days to help out when it is needed.

My old name was mikachuuu and here are some examples of the things i did :)

The whole show was a pain in the butt.
[url:37g2ddw6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WfJEHp3Ms8[/url:37g2ddw6]

same but quite hard to find.
[url:37g2ddw6]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhskot_mechaike-bakajo-kimatsu-test-1_fun?search_algo=2[/url:37g2ddw6]

Or any [HPS] stuff before 2005

I’m down to time or typeset if you need hands. I’ve never used the program before but I’m quick to learn and extremely eager to work on anything Gaki related (as they are the reason why I’m attempting to major in Japanese) (plus this will give me a chance to learn the subbing programs for when I know enough Japanese to do my own). I’m a junior in college and have nothing but freetime most of the time so my availability is pretty much any day of the week as well. I’m a super chill dude that is always down for anything so I really hope you consider me for something related to the project, and if you do, just flip me a message or an Email. PS: Don’t let my new status fool you, I’ve been lurking here for quite awhile.

I feel that this time…this will be big. It’s really awesome you guys are starting early :clap: . Will keep checkin’ the TeamGaki page for future annoucements. Good luck ]:) !

Thanks so much you guys! I’ll contact you all to give you more information!

[quote="Remember":3lgyiomm]I feel that this time…this will be big. It’s really awesome you guys are starting early :clap: . Will keep checkin’ the TeamGaki page for future annoucements. Good luck ]:) ![/quote:3lgyiomm]

Thank you, Remember! :)

Uh, does anyone knows what will be theme on new batsu?

[quote="Vega":2obgt69p]Uh, does anyone knows what will be theme on new batsu?[/quote:2obgt69p]

Not yet.

[quote="Vega":1p3rcu2w]Uh, does anyone knows what will be theme on new batsu?[/quote:1p3rcu2w]

Last year it seems confirmed news came on November 19th.
If you search "Do not laugh 2014" and select Google to just check recent news you can see the latest:
笑ってはいけない2014

Right now people are just creating blog articles/forum threads speculating about what they’d like to see though, no confirmation. Top ones being:

[quote:1p3rcu2w]
[list:1p3rcu2w]
[:1p3rcu2w]Bank Staff (Because there was a hugely popular J-Drama this year called Hanzawa Naoki)[/:m:1p3rcu2w]
[:1p3rcu2w]Self-Defense Forces (SDF)[/:m:1p3rcu2w]
[:1p3rcu2w]Train Station Officers[/:m:1p3rcu2w]
[:1p3rcu2w]Firemen[/:m:1p3rcu2w]
[:1p3rcu2w]Detectives[/:m:1p3rcu2w]
[:1p3rcu2w]Post Office Workers[/:m:1p3rcu2w]
[:1p3rcu2w]Pilots[/:m:1p3rcu2w]
[:1p3rcu2w]Prison Staff[/:m:1p3rcu2w]
[:1p3rcu2w]Driving School Staff[/:m:1p3rcu2w]
[:1p3rcu2w]School Field Trip[/:m:1p3rcu2w]
[:1p3rcu2w]Monastery (Due to the false info from last year)[/:m:1p3rcu2w][/list:u:1p3rcu2w]
[/quote:1p3rcu2w]

Firemen :D
We hear this every years since 4 years.

[quote="andylau-fr":ogp11piv]Firemen :D
We hear this every years since 4 years.[/quote:ogp11piv]

Lol yeah, it’s become as much of a yearly tradition as the batsu itself. :rofl:

Personally I like the sound of the Train Station one. Just thinking of how many people come through train stations everyday (especially in Japan), there’d be a lot of opportunities for strange and funny incidents.

Then of course you have the late night train service with the drunks etc. There’s that one female comedian who has turned up drunk in many batsus. Perhaps they could traverse some dark railway tunnels or maintenance passageways to help other staff during the night for the scare segment. I’ve been down a disused tunnel connected to a train station before and it was pretty spooky!

Plus in Japan there is a role for station staff to push people sticking out the doors to try and fit them on the train during rush hour. Imagine if Matsuko Deluxe was trying to fit. :lol:

And I’ll just keep wishing for them being on a boat. haha

I would like a haunted hostel again. like Matsumoto’s batsu game but with the five members. :rock:

Yeah Yeah!!! Agree with you [b:2oh2hdtr]andylau-fr[/b:2oh2hdtr] That will be AWESOME!!! :devil:

Was i suppose to be contacted by now? its getting pretty close and I am yet to know if I will have any responsibility towards timing the upcoming project. Let me know please. :hai:

Fireman would be so funny if Tanaka is involved!
But… He’ll die out of fear, I’m afraid :D

http://funtrendnews.info/wp-content/upl … 599ac4.jpg

[quote="pokornya":8mv64d1z]http://funtrendnews.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/d8599ac4.jpg
this picture suggests it will be a military themed.[/quote:8mv64d1z]

Hi pokornya, there’s been some discussion and more information released recently, you can find it all in the most recent posts within this thread, enjoy! :)

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5166