Heyo

Long time lurker, about 3 years watching Japanese comedy. I remember watching the original Onsen batsu on some weird stream about 5 or 6 years ago on Christmas. I could never find out anything about it so that layed dormant for about 2 years until I finally discovered it while Googling Matsumoto in relation to Big Man Japan. Once I started, I couldn’t stop. Gaki really did change my life, anime to a lesser extent. Partially because of it I decided that I wanted to major in Japanese (mostly because I want to teach foreign language). Its great motivation for learning Japanese as well. You wouldn’t believe how far ahead I am in the class because I’m recognizing patters in their speech (and I haven’t properly studied yet at all). It also helps for what is called "eavesdropping" (where you listen in and try and decipher what they are saying). Now I’m exposing the whole class to it and they are really enjoying it as well. I aspire to get good enough to translate Gaki into English so that my friends will never have to go without seeing the stuff they want to see. My favorite series is the Kiki series. My favorites are Matsumoto (obviously!), and Yamazaki (gotta love that baby face).

I’m currently a student so most of my time is spent doing absolutely nothing. I play games, watch anime, and I’ve recently really been into watching hockey (Go Blues!). Uh, my favorite beer is Asahi, and I love me some damn good coffee. My nickname comes from a joke I made awhile back about becoming a fake DJ named ElectroNick.

Yashaimasen [b:1bf7gqqy]ElectroNick[/b:1bf7gqqy] Wlecome to the Forum. How old are you??? :bow: :bow: :bow:

Welcome to the forum! Great to have you here.
Happy to hear you hope to one day translate Gaki, it’s such a shame there aren’t various groups to sub it each week like there is with anime. Best of luck with your studies.

[quote="Arlekin":2jl0pxit]How old are you???[/quote:2jl0pxit]

Welcome to the forum, ElectroNick! It’s a delight to have you here. Good luck with your studies!