Lurker says hi!

Hey guys! I’ve been a lurker on this forum for far too long, so I might as well introduce myself.

I’m a guy from the Cold North (Aka. Norway) and I’ve been a fan of GNT since 2010. On that fateful day in 2010, I found a video on youtube, where a bunch of japanese students sat and watched a video on how to learn English (The High School Batsu Game of 2005). For 10 minutes after I’d finished watching that video, I laughed so hard, and was in tears. I realized I needed more of this, and did some research, and downloaded all available Batsu Games. That was a changer. I absolutely love Japanese variety shows. They are so much more daring and much more extreme than western comedians, and I absolutely love it.

Other things I do: DotA2, playing guitar (metal, much?), studying IT, being awesome and Asian at heart.

So, GNT is awesome, and this forum is awesome, and it seems to me that the members are awesome.

Cheers!

Greets from the Cold North.

Hey welcome out of the shadows of lurkdom! That clip really does a great job at promoting how ridiculously funny and genius the Gaki show is!

If you’re done with watching the batsus have you tried some of the series born from the weekly Gaki episodes? Like Kiki etc., a lot of those have been subtitled in English by fans.
You can find a lot of that here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4604

Or by searching the Videos ‹ Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!! section of the forums for "sub" or "eng" etc. (tick "Show results as thread titles" rather than posts to make the results easier to read).

When you’ve devoured those I recommend checking out the raw weekly episodes, since although we can’t understand what they’re saying, a lot of the premise and challenges can be roughly understood (e.g. Housei getting slapped by guest Toshi-chan in a recent Karuta challenge episode or sadist Hamada harassing everyone in the last episode :lol: ). A new episode airs every Sunday and is posted in the Videos ‹ Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!! section.
A lot of past raw episodes are in this torrent too (as well as subbed stuff):

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5246

Have fun!

[quote="soudou":3dcrfbsu]Hey welcome out of the shadows of lurkdom! That clip really does a great job at promoting how ridiculously funny and genius the Gaki show is!

If you’re done with watching the batsus have you tried some of the series born from the weekly Gaki episodes? Like Kiki etc., a lot of those have been subtitled in English by fans.
You can find a lot of that here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4604

Or by searching the Videos ‹ Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!! section of the forums for "sub" or "eng" etc. (tick "Show results as thread titles" rather than posts to make the results easier to read).

When you’ve devoured those I recommend checking out the raw weekly episodes, since although we can’t understand what they’re saying, a lot of the premise and challenges can be roughly understood (e.g. Housei getting slapped by guest Toshi-chan in a recent Karuta challenge episode or sadist Hamada harassing everyone in the last episode :lol: ). A new episode airs every Sunday and is posted in the Videos ‹ Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!! section.
A lot of past raw episodes are in this torrent too (as well as subbed stuff):

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5246

Have fun![/quote:3dcrfbsu]

Thanks!

I’ve watched most of the Kiki, Absolutely Tasty, and various other older episodes from the show. I guess I just haven’t had the time to watch new episodes the last year, as I’ve been to Bangladesh, India, Serbia, Bosnia i Herzegovina & Croatia just recently. (Boy, am I tired of travelling now? Pretty much, yeah. Won’t be long till next time I set my feet abroad tho.)
Thanks for the information <3

Welcome!
There are people from all over the world on this forum, although it can be slow. :)
I also discovered gnt through that infamous English lesson video :D