Greetings.

Hello everyone, I’m yoossi.

I remember binge watching Japanese game shows a couple of years ago, mostly with Gaki no Tsukai clips. One of the first clips that got me rolling was one of the rangers games where they try to match colors with each other. I’ve also watched the Batsu games for years, but I’ve never gone that extra step of actively looking up everything I haven’t watched yet, which is what I’m doing now.

I’m not really familiar with a lot of other Japanese shows, but I really like what I’ve seen of Mecha Mecha Iketeru. Also a big fan of Korean variety shows, most notably Infinite Challenge.

Found this site through reddit, and decided to sign up once I saw unos’ Gaki & Lincoln threads. The forum looks great too. Hoping I’ll enjoy my stay here!

Welcome to the forum mate. It’s always nice to see new people. :)

If you’re wondering which GnT episodes you should watch, I’d recommend Absolutely Tasty, Kiki, World Downtown, Silent Library and Suberanai Hanashi.
There’s more great stuff, but these should keep you going for quite a while.

[quote="gesichtspalme":3nquqnoo]Welcome to the forum mate. It’s always nice to see new people. :)

If you’re wondering which GnT episodes you should watch, I’d recommend Absolutely Tasty, Kiki, World Downtown, Silent Library and Suberanai Hanashi.
There’s more great stuff, but these should keep you going for quite a while.[/quote:3nquqnoo]

Thanks! I’ve watched some of the Kiki and Silent Library already, but will check the others as well. So far I’ve been watching 2014-present episodes that were subbed. Figured I’d might jump back to 2008 or something and work chronologically from there back up to 2014, and then jump back to 2000 or something and do the same.

And then, I guess, learn Japanese so I can watch the rest of it. :lol:

Suberanai Hanashi is a real hidden gem if you want to get to know Downtown better. Matsumoto, Hamada and various stars from the variety genre talk about personal things that happened to them and they think that are funny.

It’s really nice to watch those stories. I really recommend that over all of the other stuff I talked about.

Edit:
We all want to learn Japanese, but it’s so freaking hard. I’m still at the point where I can only understand single spoken words like "neko" or "baka". I wanted to put more time into this, but it’s one of the hardest languages to learn right after my own (German).

[quote="gesichtspalme":cvrawvja]Suberanai Hanashi is a real hidden gem if you want to get to know Downtown better. Matsumoto, Hamada and various stars from the variety genre talk about personal things that happened to them and they think that are funny.

It’s really nice to watch those stories. I really recommend that over all of the other stuff I talked about.

Edit:
We all want to learn Japanese, but it’s so freaking hard. I’m still at the point where I can only understand single spoken words like "neko" or "baka". I wanted to put more time into this, but it’s one of the hardest languages to learn right after my own (German).[/quote:cvrawvja]

That’s the impression I’ve been getting from a friend who’s learning Japanese. That it’s very difficult to learn.

I actually learned German when I was in middle school. German grammar is something else, with all the genitive attributes. Unfortunately, it’s been years, and I haven’t been able to use it much, so I don’t know how much I remember, but my father speaks it fluently (because of his job). Growing up, we had a bunch of German channels on TV, and my father would watch a lot of Bundesliga.

Suberanai Hanashi sounds very interesting, will definitely check that out! :)