Hi all

Just a quick note to say hi, I found this site because I’ve been enjoying Downtown videos that I found lately on reddit and wanted to see more… then I realised that it was a member of this site who helped me recently when I asked on reddit for help finding an episode of a Japanese show, so I thought this must be a great community and I’d rather go straight to the source instead of relying on people to post things elsewhere! This forums seems really great and friendly! As for me, I’m from Australia. I don’t speak Japanese but I have been there to visit a few times and I really enjoy the unique culture. :)

Welcome to the community. It’s always nice to see a new face around here. :D

Just a tip: Don’t stop checking Reddit. For reasons I do not understand, some of the newer subbers (e.g. royaltree1024 if I’m not mistaken) don’t post their subs here and you can’t always rely on other community members to repost them.
It’s a shame, because this has always been THE go to site for subs. Now we’re pretty much forced to check Reddit as well if we don’t want to miss content.

Also what the hell is up with Reddit’s horrible new design? It has always been hard to navigate, but this is batsh*t insane…

Hi, welcome! Glad to see you here and hope you enjoy your stay. It’s not all subbed but I hope you check out some videos that we do have available here, courtesy of ErnieYoung, orta and everyone else who contributes. (=

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone :)

[quote="gesichtspalme":xf607ess]Just a tip: Don’t stop checking Reddit. For reasons I do not understand, some of the newer subbers (e.g. royaltree1024 if I’m not mistaken) don’t post their subs here and you can’t always rely on other community members to repost them.[/quote:xf607ess]
Thanks for the tip. I usually check there regularly for unrelated content so it won’t be too hard to keep up I think. Reddit does have a weird design, but to be honest, even though I have been an internet nerd for a very long time, I only got a reddit account a few months ago! I only use it to follow specific interests like certain musicians I like, a little bit of sport (including J League soccer - wish it was easier to watch outside of Japan!), and now Japanese TV also :)

[quote="Ayaka":xf607ess]Hi, welcome! Glad to see you here and hope you enjoy your stay. It’s not all subbed but I hope you check out some videos that we do have available here, courtesy of ErnieYoung, orta and everyone else who contributes. (=[/quote:xf607ess]
Actually, it’s thanks to ErnieYoung that I know about this site! He was kind enough to help me when I posted on reddit asking for a particular episode of ‘Why did you come to Japan?’ that a friend of mine appeared in. We’re all very lucky to have such generous and dedicated cappers sharing these shows with everyone!