2010 Spy Batsu Game Character List

Howdy everyone, I just wanted to upload and put a list of all the folks that made appearances on the show. It’s meant to be a reference should anyone want to learn more about the history of the people who’ve been on this show and their contributions to the world of Japanese entertainment. Likewise, very useful for people subtitling :-p.

Names are displayed in Japanese stylings (last name then first name). Listings are arranged by chronological order, if the person made multiple appearances, all of the scenes they were in are mentioned in their first bullet point.
• Mera Yoshikazu (a Japanese counter tenor singer) performing as Kintaro (Kintaro or the Golden Boy is a folk hero who as a child displayed super human strength. In this case we see his "strength" as he battles a Kappa or a river sprite. Kappa are known to be mischievous creatures and their demeanor vary between causing havoc or helping humans.)
• The Meikun high school baseball team from the manga Dokaben. Featuring: actor Tanaka Yoji as Iwaki who was the 3rd baseman on the team, actor Sato Kajiro as Tonoma the 2nd baseman, and Matsuko Deluxe as the replacement to former pitcher Satonaka. Satonaka left the team to hang out with the gang you see that comes to shoot at the bus.
• A group of imitation (monomane) comedians on their way to an audition. Actor and tarento Umemiya Tatsuo stars as Sakana-kun (The fish man, who’s known as an overly lively expert on all things fish), Yamaguchi Takashi from the comedy duo (Konbi) EEOtoko plays Eddie Murphy, and Takada Sachiko of the konbi Umekobachi plays a women who uses "Ehhh" too much. They are all led by the Manager who is played by Goto Terumoto of the konbi Football Hour.
• The stripper trying to take care of her family is played by Tsukaji Muga of the konbi Drunk Dragon.
• The overly dramatic receptionists are played by: Japan Academy Award Winning Actress Katase Rino and singer/actress Nishikawa Mineko.
• The overly happy dude in stars and stripes is played by: singer, talent, and tsukkomi from the kombi Masuda Okada, Okada Keisuke.
• The head of the GIA: actor/singer Nakamura Masatoshi. Joining Nakamura are Yamada Kazunari and Kikuchi Hidenori of the kombi Itsumokokokara (Always from this point on) for the skit they do.
• The person on Endo’s badge is comedian and talent Todoroki Jiro.
• The girl found on Endo’s panel from the desk is waitress he hooked up with after asking for her phone number after going out to a restaurant w/ Hamada.
• The person who the camera zoomed to and got kicked by the dutch dude during the GIA morning assembly: actor Sakai Toshiya.
• The super cool spy who loses all his clothes is actor Kuroda Arthur.
• The fake Fujiwara (and eventually fake Tanaka and Mr.Bond the bulldog mascot of the GIA) who is made out to be a professional spy is none other than Itao Itsuji, a comedian/actor, and performed alongside Downtown as a regular in "Downtown’s Gottsu Ee Kanji".
• The 2nd DVD played has a slew of famous actors and actress pretending to reenact a school reunion. They are Tanaka Ritsuko, Otsuru Gitan (also an author), Hosaka Naoki, Sendo Akiho, Maeda Koyo (a singer/songwriter), and Osawa Mikio (a singer). The guy who walks in with the Rick Roll song in the background (and gets all the laughs by the Gaki Crowd) is Nakamura Yoshinobu who is a producer on the Gaki show, he also appears as the Elite spy who gets bitten by a snake. If my Japanese is correct, the pun at the end is that Tanaka Ritsuko and Hosaka Naoki are married, and if you combine those names you get Tanaka Naoki who, as the cast said: "Is definitely out."
• The person who replaces Matsumoto due to his hip surgery is actor, model, and talent Sawamura Ikki.
• The woman in the smoking room that gets Hamada and Endo is actress, comedian, and talent Shibata Rie.
• The (wo)man who works the spy call center and later gets interviewed is none other than former Gaki regular turned artist, Onishi Jimmy.
• In the first play of the night, the people that make appearances are Konnya ga Yamada (David Hossein), Shirono Katsuya (or his stage name Lossy) of the kombi Yasei Bakudan (Wilderness Bomb), Maeda Bibari, Kinoshita Takayuki of TKO he also shows up as an elite spy later on, talent and essayist Panzetta Girolamo, Matsuo Akira (better known as Mr. Malick) a magician, Tanaka Masahiro of the Rakuten Eagles, actress Sakaguchi Ryoko, the police officer named "Charlie" is the guitarist for ELT: Ito Ichiro known for his very soft voice, the fiance to Maeda Bibari is actor Nukumizu Yoichi. The yakuza boys that walk in to get money from Nukumizu are kombi License, and manga artist and talent Umezu Kazuo. They are led by Gaki regular, actor Suga Tomio, better known as Picadilly Umeda. The woman who walks in while reading her script is none other than batsu game regular, Claudia Umemiya (wife to Umemiya Tatsuo who is listed above).
• The man with explosive diarrhea is prolific song writer, talent, and radio star Kida Taro.
• The person who interviews Onishi is Liberal Democratic Party politician Ishiba Shigeru. He was formerly the Minister of Defense from 07-08, the Minister of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries from 08-09, and is now currently the head of the LDP. (In other words, a very VERY important person in Japanese politics).
• The people in the cells portrayed as dangerous spies are monomane star Takigawa Hiroshi (better known as Croquette) and the oh so famous, Shin-Onii from the Newspaper and Hotelman Batsu Games.
• The people making up the elite spies team areall comedians, starting with the Leader: skit and mandan comedian Kendo Kobayashi, Iwao Nozomu from Football Hour (his partner is the manager from before), TKO’s Kinoshita (mentioned prior), Ueshima Ryuhei (he was the leader of the New Year’s Eve party during the Hotelman Batsu and arguably got the worst punishments this year.), Yoshinobu (from before), Takeyama Takanori (better known as Cunning Takeyama) got the milk treatment, Haranishi takayuki from FUJIWARA got the flash cotton rocket that burned off half of Kobayashi’s right eyebrow. The special guest that appeared for the balloon in panty hose skit is fitness instructor, talent, and singer Matsumura Chris (fun fact: he’s dutch).
• The women who walk to the bathtub are comediennes Babazono Azusa of Asian, Kendou Haruna of Harisenbon (Porcupinefish), and Tomochika Yukiko.
• The random guy who walks in asking to be entertained is Chihara Seiji of the comedy duo "The Chihara Brothers."
• The two comedians having an argument with each other are Gaki favorite Murakami Shoji (a wrestler who wants to leave the business) and Nakagawa Reiji from the konbi Nakagawake (who doesn’t want Murakami to quit just yet).
• The dancers in the all beautiful girls spy unit are comediennes: Kurosawa Kazuko of Morisanchu, Yamasaki Shizuyo (stage name: Shizu-chan) of Nankai Candies, Miyazaki Masayo of BODY, Minowa Haruka of Harisenbon (her partner was on for the bathtub portion), and Sumida Miho of Asian (ditto). No surprise that Chono Masahiro is the pro wrestler that comes in to slap Yamazaki…but this is just in case there are folks who’ve never seen a batsu game before until now.
• The folks who make up the "No fear allowed" portion of the show are, the kombi Monster Engine (playing as spirits/gods in the GIA building), the guy w/ the baseball bat is actor and talent Atou Kai, monomane comedian Hayashi Katsuyuki (Stage name: Yutaro) appears to lead the team to: singer (and talent/actress) Henmi Mari, I think the avatar is RG or Real Gay from the kombi Razor Lemon (with his partner in crime of course the famous HG or Hard Gay), the dude failing on the German wheel is singer and talent Nishikino Akira.

Let me know if I made a mistake so I can update this!

Are you aware of how awesome you are?

it does look like they over used too many celebs this time, I’ve only seen 20 minutes of it but I hope its not as big of a disapointment as I hear… :tmi:

nice work, really. you might have to add few more of extra footage. But really amazing that u pulled that off so fast and with details =)

[quote="phantasyx":3d6h8gnx]it does look like they over used too many celebs this time, I’ve only seen 20 minutes of it but I hope its not as big of a disapointment as I hear… :tmi:[/quote:3d6h8gnx]

I don’t think they over used celebs this time…since a good majority of the cast is comedians that could easily be pulled from the Yoshimoto lineup. The most impressive one I think is the head of the LDP who came in.

[quote="Senkun":3d6h8gnx]nice work, really. you might have to add few more of extra footage. But really amazing that u pulled that off so fast and with details =)[/quote:3d6h8gnx]

Thanks! I’m just glad it’s winter break for me right now so I can do stuff like this!!! Here’s hoping this coming semester isn’t too harsh…so I can finally get some subtitling projects out.

Nice work.
This will come in handy for sure.

Thanks,

^ That means you ARE subbing it? I hope so. ShibataBread VS. Youtube, round 955. Fight!

Thanks for this upload … and GOD i have to say that crazy dutch guy at 1 hour and 34 minutes in. that was some funny shit especially if your dutch, because the guy is talking nonsense xD

if you need help translating that part i can help. just send me a message on skype or something (skype name = onsoko)

Yeah, but why Dutch of all languages? (No offense to the Dutch language or people).

Wasn’t he wearing a kind of navy blazer? Is it a reference to the East India Company? But why? It would be so random that I wouldn’t find it funny.

They tried to avoid familiar foreign languages like English or Chinese? But the Dutch language has one of the longest histories (others being Ainu, Chinese, Portuguese) with the Japanese language via the said company.

Recently, the Netherlands is known for producing good martial artists/fighters. Everyone knows Ernesto Hoost’s appearance. Japanese TV stations used to air K-1 shows on New Year’s Eve. So, is that what is referred to by the appearance of the Dutch man?

Your thoughts?

i think its probably just something like that. relations between the netherlands and japan have always been good and last year there was even a type of celebration. they celebrated the 400 year long trading treaty of some sorts. The whole year one city had japanese art shows and expositions. was pretty cool.

I have a feeling they just wanted to repeat the joke of having someone with an speech the cast can’t understand (like the police chief with his accent), but to spice it up they got someone with a funny language :P. Probably because of the K1 they hear quite alot of dutch in japan, Maybe our language just tickles their funny bone xD.

also as far as i know the dude that appeared on this batsu game ain’t really well known in the netherlands so he probably is just some random guy.

Why not? dutch is funny! english or german would be boring coz its normal to hear for japanese people

was my fav part.

note. glazewasser is like window cleaner^^

Does anyone know the name of the song which played towards the end of the 2nd DVD for that little high school reunion parody?

[quote="Tenki":1r4giz2h]Does anyone know the name of the song which played towards the end of the 2nd DVD for that little high school reunion parody?[/quote:1r4giz2h]

Yeah are you talking about never gonna give you up by rik Astley?

By the way nice work ;) I knew that guy was impersonating sakanakun because of his hat.

Thanks for responding my post JordanOcarina. No it’s not the rick roll song, it’s the japanese song played right when Ritsuko Tanaka hug the guy and it goes all the way till the end of the video.

– 06.01.2011, 03:02 –

I’m not sure if anyone cares but after some copy/paste as well as the google translate I finally found that 80’s song (not the Rick Roll one) which played during the 2nd DVD, a bit proud of myself actually. The link with the info is here http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa … 1153080061 The name of the band is Carlos Toshiki & Omega Tribe and the song is called "アクアマリンのままでいて (Aquamarine no mamadeite). Here’s the youtube vid of the song performing live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9v4Al0AfY8

Hi there, anybody know the song that played during The dancers in the all beautiful girls spy unit? Been searching with no clue…

It showed the song in the corner when it started playing. The song is Take Out. I don’t know the songwriter/singer though.

It’s a parody of the korean group "Shoujou Jidai" (SNSD or Girl’s Generation), they change to "Bishoujou Jidai" (which means Beautiful Girl’s Generation) I think this is a variation of "Oh !"

[quote="valerossi":9rb2i7lp]Hi there, anybody know the song that played during The dancers in the all beautiful girls spy unit? Been searching with no clue…[/quote:9rb2i7lp]

I know that the original song is by girl’s generation (bishoujo jidai is the japanese name) here’s a link if would like to know more about them [u:9rb2i7lp][url:9rb2i7lp]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls’_Generation[/url:9rb2i7lp] [/u:9rb2i7lp], a korean girl group and the song was called " Oh " here’s the link to check it out [u:9rb2i7lp][url:9rb2i7lp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbwL8kSpEk[/url:9rb2i7lp][/u:9rb2i7lp], i have been looking for a japanese version of the song but couldn’t find it anywhere , hope i helped much 8)

This list is epic, now I don’t have to spend so much time looking up everyone’s name with my Kanji Dictionary.

[quote="Tenki":14lzi11u]Thanks for responding my post JordanOcarina. No it’s not the rick roll song, it’s the japanese song played right when Ritsuko Tanaka hug the guy and it goes all the way till the end of the video.

– 06.01.2011, 03:02 –

I’m not sure if anyone cares but after some copy/paste as well as the google translate I finally found that 80’s song (not the Rick Roll one) which played during the 2nd DVD, a bit proud of myself actually. The link with the info is here http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa … 1153080061 The name of the band is Carlos Toshiki & Omega Tribe and the song is called "アクアマリンのままでいて (Aquamarine no mamadeite). Here’s the youtube vid of the song performing live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9v4Al0AfY8[/quote:14lzi11u]

thx for the info & in return of my thanks here’s the lyrics of the song 8)
[color=#FF4080:14lzi11u][b:14lzi11u]Carlos Toshiki & Omega Tribe - Aquamarine no mama de ii '88[/b:14lzi11u]
(Kill me girl with your eyes)
yuubae utsusu beru no sora ni
kie no koro pacific blue
kimi mo machi mo onaji iro dane
tameiki de yureru

Ah! futari chigau michi o aruki hajimeta ne
ano toki kara
omoi dasu to tsurai nette
natsu no hizashi yorimo atsui me o shita

kisu ga umakunaru tabi ni
kimi wa kimi o kizu tsuketeru

doori sugiru otokotachi de