2011 No Laughing Airport Batsu Game Information

Original article can be found here: http://natalie.mu/owarai/news/59796

Interesting facts I’ve pulled from it [IF YOU WANT TO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE BATSU IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN THE HILARITY ONCE IT AIRS…THIS IS YOUR ONE AND ONLY SPOILER ALERT]:

[list:3rmdbllo][:3rmdbllo]This is now the 6th No Laughing Training Series out of Police Academy, Hospital, Newspaper Agency, Hotel, and Spy.[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]The Game was filmed at Ibaraki Airport (north east of Tokyo…it’s a hub for low cost carriers flying into the Tokyo area…so it actually does get busy).[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]For the first time in years, they filmed in good weather and there’s a backdrop of wonderful fall weather throughout the shooting.[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]The cast will undergo training to become flight attendents for the Gasu Kurobikari Air System or GAS for short (this is a pun off of JAS or Japan Air System). [/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]As always, we’ll be seeing many famous comedians, actors, actresses, politicians, culturally influential people, and athletes try and trip up our Fab 5.[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]It took over 400 people to complete the filming[/:m:3rmdbllo][/list:u:3rmdbllo]

The show progression from start to finish/more information:
[list:3rmdbllo][:3rmdbllo]There is a bus ride involved to getting to the airport.[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]A famous actress will welcome the 5 to the training center.[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]A famous talento will give a welcome to the 5 that will leave any traditional flight attendent’s ear’s burning.[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]The trainees will be kept on alert with various traps in the break room.[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]A famous actress will give them quite a welcoming at the medical examination room.[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]There will be a number of laugh traps at the New Trainee Welcome Ceremony[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]The 5 trainees will play a game against flight attendant trainees from a rival airline.[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]There will be (another) Comedian Appreciation Competition (think back to the Hotelman batsu)[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]At the check-in counter, a number of famous people will…[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]Ditto ditto at the security check![/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]"That" comedian will be working at the airline call center handling customer complaints…[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]Something will happen at the Airline Union’s negotiation meeting[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]There will be a blacklisted customers meeting (where they’ll talk about embarrassing things famous comedians have done)[/:m:3rmdbllo]
[:3rmdbllo]There will be another "No Getting Scared" portion of the show.[/:m:3rmdbllo][/list:u:3rmdbllo]

And a quote from Matsumoto:
"And again this year, it was very very rough."

And a quote from me (the biggest aviation enthusiast on this forum)…to anyone who’s seen my comments in chat…"IM STILL SPASMING!!!"

cool one wing, are you joining the subbing group? 8)

Hopefully that one guy who always slaps Yamasaki is in there again. Always cracks me up :)

Thanks for translating!

Sounds promising and I’m especially glad the last section is returning ^_^

yes, i want to see it!!! jeje i hope itao-san is there too jeje :D

Because I am fond of airport TSA, DITTO ON THE EXCITEMENT :D

:rock:

you know…hopefully If I didn’t get busy around january, I’ll join the subbing team ;)

I second kenny530

Hopefully chono will be there again to slap yamazaki or other members.
Sooo excited! :)

this is awsome, so psyched, i have the biggest smile on my face, i just cant wait :clap:

Hrm. This concerns me slightly, since it seems real cookie cutter given the past couple of years. It’s almost like these events have been standardized. And then on the other hand, what do we have to worry about? These guys know what they are doing. I have every confidence in yet another hilarious new year. :D

Thank you for the info, wing!

[quote="ShadiHD":2zwv1p5k]you know…hopefully If I didn’t get busy around january, I’ll join the subbing team ;)[/quote:2zwv1p5k]
me too shad wanted to join but on the timing section :tmi:
coz continuing translating other series after my project 8)

Airport Attendants is really not what I was expecting,
what worries me is how many types of situations associated with a flight attendants job would be fun to watch…
there dont seem to be many (check in counters,… people carrying banned substances/weapons, baggage checks etc)…
but ill leave it up to the GnT guys to get it done :)

Thanks to Wingslats for the Info above!
Good to see all the subbers so enthusiastic about getting to work on this one.
Thanks for the support you give to the community and the fans of Gaki :bow:

OMG :D IM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT :D :rofl:

I bet they’ll complain again about getting their asses slapped at their age.
And this time the bus ride makes sense.

Thanks for the info. :)

Wingslats, are you going to update your avatar to read "Gasu Kurobikari Airlines" after this one comes out? :D

OMG!!! can’t wait!!

I’m so happy and excited for this. Especially cuse I did my airport course for like 4 months and I finished 2 days ago.

And thank you very much for the info ^.^! ;)

Hi, I just recently joined this board but I am interested in helping with the subbing for the airport batsu game. Is there anyone I can contact with some of my translations from Japanese to english once I have had a chance to watch the raw version? My Japanese is ok since I lived there for seven years from second grade to eighth grade. I also want to mention that I am a graduating senior from college so I will only have a little time to work on the subbing-- I will be swamped with graduate school applications during the time.

[quote="sw33t_s0ur":25jw1xzi]Hi, I just recently joined this board but I am interested in helping with the subbing for the airport batsu game. Is there anyone I can contact with some of my translations from Japanese to english once I have had a chance to watch the raw version? My Japanese is ok since I lived there for seven years from second grade to eighth grade. I also want to mention that I am a graduating senior from college so I will only have a little time to work on the subbing-- I will be swamped with graduate school applications during the time.[/quote:25jw1xzi]
experience is needed contact zurui for the sub team 8)

Here’s the information that I found on this Batsu Game.

This year the batsu game will be held in an Airport, where the members will be turned into cabin attendants. The shooting was held under full cooperation with Ibaraki Airport (Ibaraki Prefecture, Omitama city). The airport opened on Mar 11th last year, which is the very same day that the Great East Japan Earthquake hit this year. The staff related to the project started shooting with their wish for owarai to provide psychological support to victims.
Matsumoto Hitoshi(48), who has gotten the most punishments for 4 years in a row until last year, recalls the tremendous 24 hours, saying “It was hard enough again this year.”