2011 Airport Batsu Stream / Live / JustinTV / Keyhole / Etc.

Hi everyone, this is my first post on GnT.com EVER, as I’ve been something of a lurker the last few months. I am a HUGE GnT fan, and have been actively converting my non-Japanese speaking friends to the cause with the fantastic subs provided here. Thank you, everyone, for this community that supports the subtitling efforts. Many, many thanks.

I, like many others I’m sure, am very excited for this year’s Airport No-Laughing Batsu Game, and I would like to watch it live. For me, on the East Coast of the US, that means waking up before 4:00AM on December 31st, buying coffee, connecting my computer to my TV, and finding an adequate internet stream of the batsu game to watch. And that last step is proving to be the most challenging.

So here is what I request. Information, clear, succinct, lucid and without insults, taunts, frustrated gnashing of teeth or bellows of fire, on this very, very simple topic:

[size=200:2wqnxky4]HOW CAN WE WATCH THE AIRPORT BATSU GAME LIVE ON THE INTERNET?[/size:2wqnxky4]

Simple question, which begs a simple answer. In this thread [url:2wqnxky4]http://www.gaki-no-tsukai.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=3270&start=0&hilit=airport[/url:2wqnxky4], the OP received little, if any clear answers on the matter. If it’s impossible, please say so. If it’s possible, please explain how. I’ve heard lots of things, so let me flesh out what I’ve read here and what questions still come to mind.

KeyholeTV:

• Bad quality
  • Password protected for the No-Laughing Batsu Game

Justin.tv:

• Good quality
  • Unpredictable
  • Unsearchable beforehand

Ustream:

• Good quality
  • Unpredictable
  • Unsearchable beforehand
  • Extremely stable and useful immediately following the March 11 earthquake

So now my questions:

• For Justin.tv and/or Ustream, does anyone have SPECIFIC information on what users of those sites will be streaming the Batsu Game?
  • For Justin.tv and/or Ustream, if there is no information available on who will be streaming the broadcast, in your experience, is simply searching for "gaki no tsukai" or "batsu game" or something similar enough to find the stream?

I would highly appreciate any answers anyone can provide. I am very much looking for this year’s No-Laughing special, as we all are, and I’d like to watch it live. Hope this thread can help others out there enjoy the batsu game live!

I have no idea if anyone will be streaming the batsu game live on Justin.tv. I would suggest you use the search bar and type in just "gaki" or "batsu" when the Airport batsu is about to start and see if anything pops up as "Live". I stream subbed Gaki on Justin.tv on the weekends and either of those keywords would find my channel, but I do not have access to NTV so I can’t stream the Airport batsu live. I don’t use Ustream so I don’t know if it would be there, and I agree that Keyhole TV is horrible quality and usually password protected.

I’m sure someone out there will post a new thread here on the day of the batsu telling us where we can watch it live, we just have to be patient.

I will answer your concerns as best as possible.

[i:1kvsgwbh]- For Justin.tv and/or Ustream, does anyone have SPECIFIC information on what users of those sites will be streaming the Batsu Game?[/i:1kvsgwbh]

I have the users list saved on my account, but keep in mind I don’t release them due to caution.
Usually someone posts the available streams on the appropriate thread the day of.

Why? You ask, Its simple. So they wont get shut down and minimize our viewing options.

[i:1kvsgwbh]- For Justin.tv and/or Ustream, if there is no information available on who will be streaming the broadcast, in your experience, is simply searching for "gaki no tsukai" or "batsu game" or something similar enough to find the stream?[/i:1kvsgwbh]

Usually they(users here) post links on the thread dedicated for the batsu.
Just search around, you will eventually find multiple streams before it starts, but if you cant find any check the threads and chat box here.

Thanks guys, this information helps quite a lot. I now have a good idea of what to do come 4:00AM 12/31!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Right now the split translation is on twitch…does anyone know if the stream will be auto recorded and archived after? I woke up a bit late and want to re-watch it later