Itao Itsuji announces the birth of his 2nd child.

Found this here http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/06/itao-i … 2nd-child/

Good, I heard this earlier too and I’m very happy for him.

The death of his daughter took a huge toll on him.

Natsukashi desu! Losing a chid is considered the hardest experience a parent can go through. I have to admit, it’s very difficult. I hope Itao can find similar happiness with his newest daughter.

Thank you for posting this! I’m glad for them

This made me very happy to see. I wish him and his family happiness and health.

Cultural aspect: Not to decide a newborn child’s name and waiting about seven days unnamed… I thought only the royal family had that habit :)

My daughter, born in Kyoto had to wait 11 days to get her name registered. It took us 10 days to decide the name, and then hopped down to the registry office the next day. In Japan, so I’ve been told, parents take a lot of time to consider the character of the child before they decide on the name.

For us, it was that but also a lot of immature BS on my ex’s part. Finally, I just gave up and let her have her way.

[quote="Sefidum":vy21zaky]This made me very happy to see. I wish him and his family happiness and health.[/quote:vy21zaky]

Me too. I really hope for a long and happy life for his family and his new child.

[quote="Ibaraki Dave":wvciyds6]My daughter, born in Kyoto had to wait 11 days to get her name registered. It took us 10 days to decide the name, and then hopped down to the registry office the next day. In Japan, so I’ve been told, parents take a lot of time to consider the character of the child before they decide on the name.

For us, it was that but also a lot of immature BS on my ex’s part. Finally, I just gave up and let her have her way.[/quote:wvciyds6]

Hey! My first daughter was born in Kyoto too! (we lived in Arashiyama). We had ours registered right away though - a lot of people in Japan believe really strongly in the numerology associated with the brush strokes in a person’s name and the date and time of birth. I actually knew a 50-something woman at my work in Kyoto that legally changed the first character in her name because it made her more lucky in relation to the time of her birth. My wife just said "I like this name" and that was that.