What the boys fear...

So, after watching (again for like, the umpteen-time) the silent library-episodes, I came to realise something. When they get to the tarantula on face, Matsumoto looks like he is going to faint, and leaps clear of the table as soon as it is out on the table. Hamada stands by, like whatever.

In the lincoln class though, where they have to show their manliness with the frog and snake, Hamada runs like hell out of the studio while Matsumoto is more like, scary but ok.

In silent library it is Hamada, not Matsumoto, who freaks out the most (when he reads the paper) when it comes to the millipede. Could it be because the millipede looks like a small snake?

Is it confirmed that Hamada has a phobia for snakes and Matsumoto for spiders? Is ther any other shows with them and creepy-crawlies? I know both of them are extremely afraid of heights.

Does the other boys, Cocorico and Mr. Other have something they are extremely afraid of? (Except of course, Mr. Other being a wuss conserning pretty much everything ;) )

If there are no other shows with them and phobia-things, is that because that is a line they will not cross (much)? Because they have to give consent to strange things, like the batsus? And there would be no chance that they would agree to be harrassed by the things they have true phobias against, and not just being afraid of.

Just a thought that hit me…

That’s a pretty interesting question, I have never seen Tanaka afraid of a specific "thing", it might not be classified as a phobia, but he seems to be extremely afraid of… mmm… how to put it? Sudden risks? Like the sudden startles in the "no fear" games and when Hamada suddenly turned very agressive towards him in his prank. He’s the kind of person that looks for harmony around him (look how he is always the one trying to please others and avoids doing harsh friendly fire), so he probably feels really unconfortable around agression and about being startled.

[quote="Yakarin":333341yx]That’s a pretty interesting question, I have never seen Tanaka afraid of a specific "thing", it might not be classified as a phobia, but he seems to be extremely afraid of… mmm… how to put it? Sudden risks? Like the sudden startles in the "no fear" games and when Hamada suddenly turned very agressive towards him in his prank. He’s the kind of person that looks for harmony around him (look how he is always the one trying to please others and avoids doing harsh friendly fire), so he probably feels really unconfortable around agression and about being startled.[/quote:333341yx]

Thats right, but with that in mind, another thing. Tanaka was NOT this jumpy in the onigokko. One must wonder why he has become so… how should I put it? Flaily? His legs and hands flail like mad whenever he gets scared now, and his knees didn´t just fold under him either in the onigokko… Was it after that or because of all the batsu-games and other similar things that made him like he is now?

Yeah didn’t realize that Downtowns have phobias to those creatures. Though love to know what’s En-chan (Endo’s) :inlove: most biggest fears and why until now there is no prank made on him or Matsomoto or I couldn’t find the video if there is one. Endou is kinda ambiguous to me concerning these kind of stuff.

[quote="gakifeveraddict":3le19wf4]Yeah didn’t realize that Downtowns have phobias to those creatures. Though love to know what’s En-chan (Endo’s) :inlove: most biggest fears and why until now there is no prank made on him or Matsomoto or I couldn’t find the video if there is one. Endou is kinda ambiguous to me concerning these kind of stuff.[/quote:3le19wf4]

Concerning heights, I think all of the gaki-boys, EXCEPT Matsumoto has done skydiving. At least he is the only one I have not found any video-proof of…

Endore, Endore… Hmm, He takes frog to the face pretty good, doesn´t seem afraid of either millipede or spider. Not OVERLY bothered by neither old, nibbling geezer or snake (at least he does it). Perhaps he´s greatest "weakness" is Chiaki. And God knows they have poked fun of him enough about that by now. He looks genuinely sad whenever she pops up now. I think he really regrets everything and wish for their separation to never have happened.

Perhaps Endore´s greatest fear is Piko-chan :devil:

Btw, Hamada is soo cute whenever there is creepy-crawlies involved in the Silent Library, he puts away his pillow out of harms way :inlove:

[quote="Sefidum":1tn36o9y]Thats right, but with that in mind, another thing. Tanaka was NOT this jumpy in the onigokko. One must wonder why he has become so… how should I put it? Flaily? His legs and hands flail like mad whenever he gets scared now, and his knees didn´t just fold under him either in the onigokko… Was it after that or because of all the batsu-games and other similar things that made him like he is now?[/quote:1tn36o9y]

Hahaha, it would be hilarious if Tanaka ended up that jumpy because of the onigokko, …poor thing XD

[quote="gakifeveraddict":1tn36o9y]Yeah didn’t realize that Downtowns have phobias to those creatures. Though love to know what’s En-chan (Endo’s) :inlove: most biggest fears and why until now there is no prank made on him or Matsomoto or I couldn’t find the video if there is one. Endou is kinda ambiguous to me concerning these kind of stuff.[/quote:1tn36o9y]

Well, I don’t know if you’re refering to a particular kind of pranks, but there’s an old prank (from the era were Matsumoto had hair) made to Matsumoto, it’s quite cruel and funny. They prettend that they were making a prank to Yamasaki and something goes wrong and he almost suffocates. Matsumoto gets really worried and then annoyed after realizing it was a prank.

[quote="Sefidum":1tn36o9y] Perhaps he´s greatest "weakness" is Chiaki. And God knows they have poked fun of him enough about that by now. He looks genuinely sad whenever she pops up now. I think he really regrets everything and wish for their separation to never have happened.

Perhaps Endore´s greatest fear is Piko-chan :devil:

Btw, Hamada is soo cute whenever there is creepy-crawlies involved in the Silent Library, he puts away his pillow out of harms way :inlove:[/quote:1tn36o9y]

I agree, Endo seems really sad about Chiaki. About him being afraid of Hamada… maybe, but I think only him and Matsumoto have dared to make a prank on him. I’ve also moticed he looks pretty annoyed when they talk about his romantic personal life…, but then again… who wouldn´t? XD

And yes, Hama-chan sometimes has such cute reactions :P