2012 batsu

What do you think (if they make another) is the next 24hour no laughing Batsu.

Yes, definitely ^^

Wow, we got two English-pros here. lol

is it me or has this forum kinda died in 1 year that i have been gone…? and i have no idea what could it be…but what ever it’ll be…it’ll be perfect as always

[quote="Aho Aho Man":2ecx1qbu]is it me or has this forum kinda died in 1 year that i have been gone…? and i have no idea what could it be…but what ever it’ll be…it’ll be perfect as always[/quote:2ecx1qbu]

I am in every single day and try to post whenever I got questions or find some yummy stuff, and I see others doing the same every day, so no, I would not say this forum has died. I do believe though that it is MUCH more heavily used around Batsu-time. Then it goes ape-shit crazy :lol:

my bad, plus i can’t believe i’ve missed the gaki episodes 1-300 upload ;(

[quote="Aho Aho Man":1bkfg7pj]is it me or has this forum kinda died in 1 year that i have been gone…? and i have no idea what could it be…but what ever it’ll be…it’ll be perfect as always[/quote:1bkfg7pj]

It’s always a bit of a drough between April and November.
And a lot of the old DownTown/non-batsu GnT stuff has already been subbed anyway, so there’s less and less of the classics to sub -> fewer discussions.

[quote="Ap2000":akmjusf8]so there’s less and less of the classics to sub -> fewer discussions.[/quote:akmjusf8]
A much bigger problem is the lack of [b:akmjusf8]any[/b:akmjusf8] new subbed content. I would happily watch any subbed episodes of Gaki, Lincoln, Shabekuri or such, but the few active translators do only about one short segment per week or even less.

[quote="Ap2000":1u3ew9qv][quote="Aho Aho Man":1u3ew9qv]is it me or has this forum kinda died in 1 year that i have been gone…? and i have no idea what could it be…but what ever it’ll be…it’ll be perfect as always[/quote:1u3ew9qv]

It’s always a bit of a drough between April and November.
And a lot of the old DownTown/non-batsu GnT stuff has already been subbed anyway, so there’s less and less of the classics to sub -> fewer discussions.[/quote:1u3ew9qv]

Please tell me you are joking! I have 150+ GB gaki/lincoln (most gaki) on my HD alone and I would guess less than 20 GB of that to be translated (batsu and some others). For example, Hamada trial (or any trial) is not translated at all, only Tanaka 500 questions are translated, most Matsumoto challenge are not translated, many kiki and absolutely tasty remains unsubbed, some of the batsu game special material is also lacking subs. I could go on for quite some time. I also have 10 "dvd" of downtown´s collected manzai unsubbed. Some clips are subbed here and there (in files of their own) but the dvds are raw material. Also one of my favourites, Friendly Downtown (lincoln) is as good as undubbed all together. Subbers, take your pick, the rest of you, dive in and laugh your head of despite not understanding, many of the vids are perfect for just watching while doing something else (as our good Machan once said people often do;D)

Good thing is, one huge reasons (crazy I know) for me going to studying japanese for one year is so I will understand the vids;D I will sub as much as I am capable of when I get back, and it will also be an excellent source of listening comprehension (and way more fun than old-school variants) for me while studying…

I’ve been learning japanese for 2 years now and I can understand a lot of it. But in Lincoln episode about diseases I could understand only about 20-30%, so 1 year won’t be ebough I’m afraid m8. Now we’re starting on the difficult kanji and, phewwww it’s toughhhh ;P…P.S. I’ve got about 2 TB of japanese variety and anime but my connection is so bad that it would take about a day to upload a 400 mb file…can’t wait for some 10-15 mbit internet ;P…and then, I’ll be uploading all my Gaki, Lincoln, DownTown DX, Heyx3, Mecha ike, Gurunai, London hearts, Koi no kara sawagi etc etc…and…Aho Aho BEEEEAM!!

[quote="Aho Aho Man":27enic7f]I’ve been learning japanese for 2 years now and I can understand a lot of it. But in Lincoln episode about diseases I could understand only about 20-30%, so 1 year won’t be ebough I’m afraid m8. Now we’re starting on the difficult kanji and, phewwww it’s toughhhh ;P…P.S. I’ve got about 2 TB of japanese variety and anime but my connection is so bad that it would take about a day to upload a 400 mb file…can’t wait for some 10-15 mbit internet ;P…and then, I’ll be uploading all my Gaki, Lincoln, DownTown DX, Heyx3, Mecha ike, Gurunai, London hearts, Koi no kara sawagi etc etc…and…Aho Aho BEEEEAM!![/quote:27enic7f]

Mneh! I guess partial sub will be better than no sub and I am already learning the kanji at home all by my lonesome (no friends outside work = more gaki;D) and I will definately know at least 1000 by the time I go there (well on my way already) and those I do not know I can look up;D I hope that I will at least be able to sub things like manzai and kiki etc, but I have noooo thought of subbing anything that is medicine-related and such;D I want to contribute as well to this wonderful forum and help spread the madness that is Downtown :lol:

Awesome m8, I , on the other hand , am going for the whole knowing Japanese as good as my native is ;P, so that will take a while. I was thinking about subbing aswell, as you said spreading the madness that is Down Town. But I want to do it when I’m 100% sure that my 80% translated text is 100 % correctly translated :P …ahhh it feels great to talk about DT with someone, none of my friends even know what j-variety is ;( …not even anime…well…anymays, it’s been good talking to ya’…now i have to get ready for the Real Madrid- Borussia game, have to buy sum beer and stuff…cya

[quote="Aho Aho Man":b5lqtqkd]Awesome m8, I , on the other hand , am going for the whole knowing Japanese as good as my native is ;P, so that will take a while. I was thinking about subbing aswell, as you said spreading the madness that is Down Town. But I want to do it when I’m 100% sure that my 80% translated text is 100 % correctly translated :P …ahhh it feels great to talk about DT with someone, none of my friends even know what j-variety is ;( …not even anime…well…anymays, it’s been good talking to ya’…now i have to get ready for the Real Madrid- Borussia game, have to buy sum beer and stuff…cya[/quote:b5lqtqkd]

Wow, nice goal, I hope to get to that level IF I ever move there permanently, but until then, I want to get as good as I can in 1 year. I am just sooo happy whenever I actually understand what they are talking about even without subs. As with the time I suddenly understood the manzai part where Matsumoto tells Hamada of when he was surprised by a cockroach (though I first misstook it for a spider, since he seriously dislikes spiders)in the bathroom;D I don´t think I have laughed so hard since Chono entered the stage at (pick your favourite) the batsu game.;D

I am constantly pestering my collegues with "I saw this the other night…"-stuff whenever a new episode has aired. Some laugh with me, others think I am crazy :P

Have a nice time with the game and take care:D

I was mainly talking about quality material. Stuff "worth subbing".

How did this topic turn from ‘‘What do you think will be the Batsu theme this year’’(if its that what the OP meant, hard english) to ‘‘I am learning Japanese and I can understand it’’. Not trying to sound mean, but just joking around, lol.