Small details...

Anyone else noticed that right before Hamada smacks someone or otherwise hurts someone, his face changes something fierce? He sort of makes a face and looks like he seriously clamps his teeth tight. Almost like he really needs to steel himself to hurt his friends for the sake of comedy. …or something. It has been nagging on my mind now for some time.

Another thing, Matsumoto has as I have mentioned before very nice hands, but he also seems to always have perfectly manicured nails. Does he fix them himself? Many times they shine as if polished and is that not a funny picture;D

…and the first snow fell today, seriously, wtf?!

Your threads are so weird.

Hamada’s a sadist. As for the face he makes, I reckon it’s pretty standard. It’s the exact same face that my Japanese ex-wife used to make when she would hit me, usually for stuff less important than when Hamada does it.

Matsumoto’s nails… I’d like to make the argument that in Japan men are pressured to look stylish just as badly as women are pressured to do the same. Yes, it’s petty but it applies pretty much equally to both sexes in Japan. While you’re in Japan Sefidum, you should check out Dandy House, and you’ll see what I mean.
Generally speaking though, nails require very little effort to look nice on dudes, unless the dude like to wear nailpolish so I don’t think it’s too unusual for Matsumoto to have nice nails.

Anyone else noticie that Matsumoto is not bald even tho they say he is bald, but he still has some hair so he is not completely bald. Right???

How awesome am I to notice that. Right??

[quote="desukarhu":xdkndfev]Your threads are so weird.[/quote:xdkndfev]

Jep, but I thought that naming another thread with "weird thread is weird" would just be stupid;)

– 26.10.2012, 07:48 –

[quote="Ibaraki Dave":xdkndfev]Hamada’s a sadist. As for the face he makes, I reckon it’s pretty standard. It’s the exact same face that my Japanese ex-wife used to make when she would hit me, usually for stuff less important than when Hamada does it.

Matsumoto’s nails… I’d like to make the argument that in Japan men are pressured to look stylish just as badly as women are pressured to do the same. Yes, it’s petty but it applies pretty much equally to both sexes in Japan. While you’re in Japan Sefidum, you should check out Dandy House, and you’ll see what I mean.
Generally speaking though, nails require very little effort to look nice on dudes, unless the dude like to wear nailpolish so I don’t think it’s too unusual for Matsumoto to have nice nails.[/quote:xdkndfev]

Wow, thank you for your answer, I didn’t know it was that important for men as well. Tv-profile men in sweden does not have the same pressure, rather if he had some nailpolish he would be considered either weird or gay.

Hmm, maybe all people make weird faces right before they hit people, unless they are in sports (thinking Chono here), its just when you see it as frequently as with Hamada you really notice it.

[quote="Sefidum":1gboc9vk]Another thing, Matsumoto has as I have mentioned before very nice hands, but he also seems to always have perfectly manicured nails. Does he fix them himself? Many times they shine as if polished and is that not a funny picture;D[/quote:1gboc9vk]

Matsumoto probably does his own nails. There was a 90 minute special on Matsumoto that aired a year or two back called [url=http://gakifiles.blogspot.com/2011/05/matsumoto-hitoshi-professional.html:1gboc9vk]Matsumoto Hitoshi - Profesional[/url:1gboc9vk]. At one point he talks about how he always does his own makeup. If he’s doing his own makeup he’s probably doing his own nails as well.

[quote="Remember":1gboc9vk]Anyone else noticie that Matsumoto is not bald even tho they say he is bald, but he still has some hair so he is not completely bald. Right???[/quote:1gboc9vk]

Matsumoto isn’t going bald, he shaves his head and would have a full head of hair if he let it grow. If you watch early Gaki shows (mid 90s) he’s got a full head of hair, then he’s suddenly bald. I forget the details, but essentially he decided one day that he wanted to be bald and has stuck with it ever since. I think his reasoning had to do with a shaved head somehow looking more mature. I’ve been wondering when he’d decide to let it grow out again (maybe as a batsu game if nothing else), but his bald head is probably such a recognizable feature of Matsumoto that he probably won’t let it grow until after he retires.

No, he is. He’s going bald. In the Japanese sense, he’s going bald, so he’s already bald. The way I was brought up, I’d say he was going bald, because his hair is thinning at the front.

I’m the same way, and my Japanese ex-wife calls me bald, so I am bald in Japan. Mr. Remember has a point, it’s all about semantics. In America(or elsewhere) we are GOING bald, but in Japan we ARE bald even if only a slight bit of scalp is visible.