Official DVD Question

Very soon I’m going to start importing volume by volume of the Gaki DVD’s starting the Bastu games of course then getting the rest with all the great comedy segments. My question is to the people that have the official DVD’s from Japan, are they single layer 4.37 GB DVD’s or Dual Layer 8.5 GB DVD’s. I ask because I have two region free DVD players and one of them does not like Dual layer discs. Thanks!

i dont have dvd from japan, but are you saying you will be uploading all the dvd?

Possibly if I were to ever get a better internet connection I’d upload them in a high quality format & codec, my main concern is if my cheap DVD player can play them or not.

I wouldn’t really know what to say. Maybe not. Mostly 8.6GB DVD are playable on up-to-date DVD Players, but of course, you could always use your PC/Laptop to watch them.
By the way, where are you getting these DVD’s? Are they expensive? I was thinking from Amazon, maybe? White Rabbit Press seems a good option too, however I haven’t really see any Gaki No Tsukai merchandise for sell there.

Good luck. :geek:

They are standard dual layer discs. Been thinking of getting the last two - Spy (17) and Airport (18) but they’re sooooo expensive |(

[quote="dooby":25s39pdm]They are standard dual layer discs. Been thinking of getting the last two - Spy (17) and Airport (18) but they’re sooooo expensive |([/quote:25s39pdm]

Thanks for the info! Yea I know anything imported from Japan is expensive but it’s nice to know your supporting the official releases :nod: