MEGA is back

mega.co.nz

I think we can start using it. They have a new encryption system.

yup, and 50 GB of free space!!
I just hope they somehow are able to transfer the old megaupload files to their new site.

In 1 month, the bandwidth is limited to 1To, in paying in the first formula. (1000 downloading of 1Go)

https://mega.co.nz/#pro

Then in the free version, its does not do much. I think :(

The site is getting hammered right now, and I can’t even login. Hopefully it’ll settle down in the next few days and I can start uploading my Gaki catalog (about 50GB worth) so we can see if people can keep their stuff on the site without being banned.

actually reading through the terms and it looks like I won’t be signing up.

[quote="Sqeezy":2embkj2t]actually reading through the terms and it looks like I won’t be signing up.[/quote:2embkj2t]

Can you give us more details about what’s wrong with it ?

[quote="Kanzaki":2uzpw07l][quote="Sqeezy":2uzpw07l]actually reading through the terms and it looks like I won’t be signing up.[/quote:2uzpw07l]

Can you give us more details about what’s wrong with it ?[/quote:2uzpw07l]

The new Terms of Service are much more specific about how it’s not Mega’s fault if anyone uses Mega for piracy, it’s the user’s fault. This is to cover Mega’s rear after getting so soundly screwed by the US government last time. I really don’t see what the big deal is. They’ll be more careful this time so they don’t get charged with copyright infringement, fraud, and whatever other trumped up charge the US can come up with.

If anyone wants to test it out, I uploaded a few subbed Gaki videos to my Mega account and I want to see if other people can download it. This link is for a Matsumoto kendo skit and only 8.2MB:

https://mega.co.nz/#!BwFlRSQY!FQl2nz0VE ... yFzMxKUMvk

The site is still overwhelmed atm, so it might not work on the first try, but sometimes it works as it should.

[quote="njdss4":7v8mjqwp][quote="Kanzaki":7v8mjqwp][quote="Sqeezy":7v8mjqwp]actually reading through the terms and it looks like I won’t be signing up.[/quote:7v8mjqwp]

Can you give us more details about what’s wrong with it ?[/quote:7v8mjqwp]

The new Terms of Service are much more specific about how it’s not Mega’s fault if anyone uses Mega for piracy, it’s the user’s fault. This is to cover Mega’s rear after getting so soundly screwed by the US government last time. I really don’t see what the big deal is. They’ll be more careful this time so they don’t get charged with copyright infringement, fraud, and whatever other trumped up charge the US can come up with.

If anyone wants to test it out, I uploaded a few subbed Gaki videos to my Mega account and I want to see if other people can download it. This link is for a Matsumoto kendo skit and only 8.2MB:

https://mega.co.nz/#!BwFlRSQY!FQl2nz0VE ... yFzMxKUMvk

The site is still overwhelmed atm, so it might not work on the first try, but sometimes it works as it should.[/quote:7v8mjqwp]

It’s working perfectly fine with your upload ;)

Of course it’s the user’s fault :stuck_out_tongue: It’s always been like that. But with the new encryption system I think we’re pretty safe (but sure, 100% safety does not exist). And nobody’s going to get sued for a couple Gaki videos. You have to download dozens of thousands of illegal files to make yourself in danger (the people we see in the newspaper often have like 20 000 to 50 000 illegal mp3 downloads for example).

[quote="Kanzaki":vhu0clgw]It’s working perfectly fine with your upload ;)

Of course it’s the user’s fault :stuck_out_tongue: It’s always been like that. But with the new encryption system I think we’re pretty safe (but sure, 100% safety does not exist). And nobody’s going to get sued for a couple Gaki videos. You have to download dozens of thousands of illegal files to make yourself in danger (the people we see in the newspaper often have like 20 000 to 50 000 illegal mp3 downloads for example).[/quote:vhu0clgw]

Sweet! I’m glad the download worked. I’ve collected subbed Gaki videos for years now and I want to have a backup in case my hard drives ever fail, and now I can make it available to everyone here, too! I just need to wait for Mega’s upload rate to stabilize, then I’ll start uploading it all. Then I’ll make a post in the Subbed section with a master list.

seriously how did u guys get it to work :@

mine stuck at 100% for an hour and it doesn’t do anything?!?!?! it just says "downloading"

i tried firefox, internet explorer, chrome, it just stucks there and doesn’t do anything!!!

[quote="jeffrey159":3kr5uhy8]seriously how did u guys get it to work :@

mine stuck at 100% for an hour and it doesn’t do anything?!?!?! it just says "downloading"

i tried firefox, internet explorer, chrome, it just stucks there and doesn’t do anything!!![/quote:3kr5uhy8]
The site is still a tad unreliable. If it gets to 100% and doesn’t finish, you’ll have to try again. [b:3kr5uhy8]These past few days have been a LOT better, though. I’ve been able to upload my entire Gaki skit catalog (30GB) plus all my Hard Gay (1GB) and Hey Hey Hey Music Champ vids (5GB).[/b:3kr5uhy8] I’ll get to work on the master list soon and post it in the Subbed forum.